Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Interesting Pro-Trump/Anti-GOP video

Basically pointing out that the GOP is insanely bigoted towards its own supporters. Worth a watch. Click-baity title

Yes. The republican party is in a civil war right now. There are 3 factions: Trump's populists, Kasich's rhinos, and Cruz's conservatives.

I wonder where the party will go after this election cycle.

It's more of an anti being a dick to people whose plight you don't understand video.

And the video just shows how being a dick to said people is a great way to drum up support for someone like Trump. The guy they interview barely stops short of admitting that it's a spite vote that he's planning for Trump.

That's those national review asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It's more of an anti being a dick to people whose plight you don't understand video.

And the video just shows how being a dick to said people is a great way to drum up support for someone like Trump. The guy they interview barely stops short of admitting that it's a spite vote that he's planning for Trump.
    Blue collar American citizen workers need to come first for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That's those national review asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny thing is, the entire political establishment is actually a gigantic automatic fucking machine that exists for nothing more than to fuck the blue collar types.

The ironic thing about that is that blue collar types are also probably most likely to be swing voters. We always just vote for whoever is going to set the fucking machine the lowest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    Yes. The republican party is in a civil war right now. There are 3 factions: Trump's populists, Kasich's rhinos, and Cruz's conservatives.

I wonder where the party will go after this election cycle.
    So basically, the lower class working man, the middle class educated moderates, and the ultra conservative tea bagger cronies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So basically, the lower class working man, the middle class educated moderates, and the ultra conservative tea bagger cronies.
    See what I mean. No respect for blue collars anywhere. "laborers are stupid and suckers for Trump's populist rhetoric" is essentially what you're saying there.

15+ Year Old Account
    See what I mean. No respect for blue collars anywhere. "laborers are stupid and suckers for Trump's populist rhetoric" is essentially what you're saying there.
    The fact that blue collar workers are lower class now has more to do with the destruction of union power and worker rights than anything. That and massive business deregulation. That, you know, these blue collar workers voted for.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-04-12 at 05:40 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, are you talking about RINO, Republican In Name Only?

The fact that blue collar workers are lower class now has more to do with the destruction of union power and worker rights than anything. That and massive business deregulation. That, you know, these blue collar workers voted for.
    Federally the US doesn't have an option for labourers. The democrats haven't done shit for the little guy, neither have the republicans.

And here at least, lower class workers typically vote left.

So again, you assume just because somebody is a labourer, they don't have any sense of personal sovereignty, that they are just some little meat puppet. That the people don't have a story of their own. That if they support Trump it's because they are a flawed human being, (but what about the ones who support a candidate you agree with?).

You're the embodiment of why every time I vote to the left I have to stifle my own vomit at the ballot box just because of how disgusting an attitude leftist partisans carry towards labourers.

And that is why I liked this video.

15+ Year Old Account
    But really though, as this video pointed out, there's one party that's doing the most insulting of these workers, "Get more skills/education! Move somewhere else!" When both are often easier said than done for the great majority of America.

Trump talks in hollow platitudes that sound cool and gets people riled up. I can't really fault people for liking him, after all McCarthyism makes them deeply terrified of the one candidate with plans for how to fix a lot of their problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Federally the US doesn't have an option for labourers. The democrats haven't done shit for the little guy, neither have the republicans.

And here at least, lower class workers typically vote left.

So again, you assume just because somebody is a labourer, they don't have any sense of personal sovereignty, that they are just some little meat puppet. That the people don't have a story of their own. That if they support Trump it's because they are a flawed human being, (but what about the ones who support a candidate you agree with?).

You're the embodiment of why every time I vote to the left I have to stifle my own vomit at the ballot box just because of how disgusting an attitude leftist partisans carry towards labourers.

And that is why I liked this video.
    Dems haven't been actively fighting Union powers tooth and nail, just saying.

Inner city poor vote Dem because the Republican strategy is to actively act racist and classist against them and then try to block them from voting in any way that they legally can rather than, you know, being decent human beings towards these people.

Although it's pretty amusing that you're acting like this, when my original post only mentioned that the Trump supporters were largely lower class working men. Lower class isn't an insult you know. I'm not sure why you were so triggered by that. SJW tendencies on your part I suppose. My entire point was that the video makes a good point. The working class in America used to be middle class for a few decades, then deregulation of industry and degradation of worker rights have now made them lower class. Trump shouts a lot of hollow, fun words that gets people riled up and sounds like he's for the working class. In reality, he hasn't made any plans for this. He just shouts promises, meanwhile at least one other candidate has laid out solid plans for how he wants to achieve the revival of the American middle class. But again, nobody wants him because McCarthyism and those durn SJW's!

See, my state is made up of largely rural white racist bible thumpers. Last election season they voted for a convicted embezzler who had already misappropriated state tax dollars for personal gain before. Why did they vote for him? The other guy had a D in front of his name, and he had an R. But again, I don't necessarily blame them, I blame the run away McCarthyist fear mongering.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-04-12 at 06:03 AM.

HAHAHA, I know where Garbutt is. I live in one of the inner suburbs of Rochester. And yeah, there are places all over upstate New York between the cities that aren't really farm towns, and they really don't have a purpose. There's just some empty factory that apparently used to make broken windows in 1970-whatever, and there's nothing else going on. I don't mind these minor communities kind of existing, but it's silly to think of them as some noble bastion of Americanism.

PS: the Hockey rink in Scottsville near Garbutt is a horror show. Holy shit, I almost broke my ankles 50 times playing through all the ruts there.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2016-04-12 at 06:22 AM.

If you make less as a nurse then you did making windshield wipers you have really screwed up. Every nurse I know makes 45 dollars or more an hour and none of them have been doing it very long. Bad news for Kevin, Trump has sent many jobs overseas too. This delusion that he doesn't do these things is insane.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-04-12 at 06:41 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post

Even Hooked is feeling the Bern!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Even Hooked is feeling the Bern!
    Bernie wants to tear down our border fence completely, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Basically pointing out that the GOP is insanely bigoted towards its own supporters. Worth a watch. Click-baity title

gotta say, that son was kind of freaky looking.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I think "tea bagger" is a big of a slur, and "cronies" is pretty insulting. Whatever though, I'm not going to try to police your language. It is an ignorant assumption though.

It's more along the lines of populist, progressive-lite, and conservative. Populist doesn't mean blue collar or "lower class", and conservative doesn't mean "tea bagger cronies".

From what I've come to understand from observing the republican party the past few years, there is a branch of the republican party attempting to generate support from the democrat base which seems to support "progressive" policies such as the gang of 8 immigration bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you talking about RINO, Republican In Name Only?
    Just using the common vernacular for the progressive branch of the republican party.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think "tea bagger" is a big of a slur, and "cronies" is pretty insulting. Whatever though, I'm not going to try to police your language. It is an ignorant assumption though.

It's more along the lines of populist, progressive-lite, and conservative. Populist doesn't mean blue collar or "lower class", and conservative doesn't mean "tea bagger cronies".

From what I've come to understand from observing the republican party the past few years, there is a branch of the republican party attempting to generate support from the democrat base which seems to support "progressive" policies such as the gang of 8 immigration bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Just using the common vernacular for the progressive branch of the republican party.
    Tea bagger is a slur but RINO is the common vernacular? Amusing.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Interesting video. Guy used to work at General Motors, his job moved overseas so now he's working as a nurse. And he's not happy with the way things are going in America so he's thinking of voting for Trump. His son plans on going into the military but the dad says he wishes his son would go to community college a few years first.

Democracy in action.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Tea bagger is a slur but RINO is the common vernacular? Amusing.
    It's funny because tea bagger is what they called themselves, and rino is a no true scotsman fallacy insult.