Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I never had an issue with Persian accents. Then again, most of the Persian people I've known had American accents.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKvI...&nohtml5=False

Nerds go crazy for Japanese accents when they come from Japanese girls. Single Japanese girl comes to Silicon Valley and she could land a billionaire in about 10 minutes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Like already stated it's because you have an Australian accent. If you talked like a plain ole' Midwesterner with no accent no one would bob a head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    So I just started university or college as I should call it now, I'm 19 originally from Australia but my family and myself moved to the U.S about a month ago for my dads job. Now I consider myself an average looking guy with decent body type (I play rugby league and go to the gym) but never had much luck with girls.. Until I went to the U.S.

Now this isn't bragging or anything I am generally wondering do american girls like foreign guys or something? I had to introduce myself to the class and right after that I made a few friends that were girls. I have no friends that are girls back home at all. Not only that but a lot of them have been wanting to hang out a lot and I seem to be getting a long with the guys in my classes and they told me it's because of my accent.
    Chicks generally dig the Aussie accent, but if you're ugly and unattractive, it doesn't help you.

I'd say it's mostly because of your "decent body". Most Americans are overweight and out of shape. Having an athletic body is the biggest perk a college male can have. The accent just helps push it a long a bit.

I had similar experience. In HS I was super scrawny, in college I worked out and swam and put on a lot of muscle mass. I lost my V-card and crushed puss every day.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You talk with an exotic accent. Its like turning the handle on flood gates in some girls panties. Back home you are average, here you are a novelty.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    You're gonna get a lot of pussy there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I saw college and america and feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a debt ain't one.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find most accents attractive on women...except whatever accent Alice Goodwin (from Staffordshire?) has. Like nails on a goddam chalkboard.

Foreign accents are ridiculously popular atm. Just look at the star wars franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    The few times I have spoken on voice chat with my guild they say I have a strong aussie accent but I just feel like it's a normal accent
    That's because you're Aussie!

I don't consider myself to have a strong American accent, but I've never once been mistaken for Canadian, British, Aussie or South African.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Yet here in Australia, English people are known for being chavs, hooligans and public drunkards. And the posh ones (the English roses) are known for sending Australians to their death (WWI) due to being so incompetent and out of touch. Plus the English now suck at all the sports compared with Australia.
    how many medals did you get at the last olympics, who won the ashes, how far did you get in the t20, where are you in the fifa rankings, who's world F1 champion, which 2 englishman hold heavywight boxing titles. mate, i could go on.
    stick to being one of our ex colonies & knowing your place, there's a good chap.

So I just started university or college as I should call it now, I'm 19 originally from Australia but my family and myself moved to the U.S about a month ago for my dads job. Now I consider myself an average looking guy with decent body type (I play rugby league and go to the gym) but never had much luck with girls.. Until I went to the U.S.

Now this isn't bragging or anything I am generally wondering do american girls like foreign guys or something? I had to introduce myself to the class and right after that I made a few friends that were girls. I have no friends that are girls back home at all. Not only that but a lot of them have been wanting to hang out a lot and I seem to be getting a long with the guys in my classes and they told me it's because of my accent.
    Yep, American girls are suckers for a guy with an accent.

AU girls are no different, when I visited the AU I had lots of girls wanting to get to know that "Cute American guy"

This is only true for Aussie or European accents. If you are an asian guy with an asian accent you might as well be infected with the plague as no one comes near you unless they have a 10 ft pole.

For whatever reason asian girls don't seem to have a problem despite having the same accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    I got 99 problems but a debt ain't one.
    I'm not disappointed by these responses

Yes, Americans seem to be very much into accents and foreign things. I get instant popularity because of my accent and being Japanese. I have mostly gotten used to it but I still find it funny sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    For whatever reason asian girls don't seem to have a problem despite having the same accent.
    Yeah definitely have never had that issue, it's literally the opposite. Probably because a lot of people have yellow fever for asian women.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    A lot of Americans in general are drawn in by accents.
    Not all accents. But Aussie, Kiwi and most UK accents, yes.

Use this opportunity to slay all the puss you can.

When I first visited the US @ 17. (Florida) believe it or not (as much as you CAN believe somebody from video game forums talking about girls) I got so much interest that holiday it was insane. I didn't get laid (I mean, cmon.. family holiday.) but I pulled 6 or so? in a 10 day window. it was nuts.

again, earlier times! now im a fat guy in his 30s! :P

EDIT: I wonder perhaps if the internet has changed this? back when I went. it was AIM/MSN messenger.. ICQ.. but voice/video chat wasn't great yet. so it was novel. there was no youtube. I wonder if the novel nature of accents/different cultures has been weakened by youtube and all the various forms of media?
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yeah. i had a British chick that i wanted in her jeans once. oh wait.
    I... uh... I don't think I'm awake enough to understand where you're going with that.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

I lived in the friend zone until I started adding, "CRIKEY let's throw some shrimp on the BARBIE" to all my awkward conversations with girls, and then I was demoted to the weird zone.