Newbie warrior here, need help

Hello, fellow warriors. I'm new to this class. I'm maining hunter, thus I have no problems with soloing current content elites (tanaan, nagrand). I switched to warrior (700ilvl) and I can't solo any of these elites in arms, I just don't have enough healing. Switched to fury (both weapons 715) and the only way to kill them - sit in def stance + Unquenchable Thirst talent + BT healing glyph. I have to spam BT and spend rage on Shield Barrier. It takes ages to kill elite like Gondar in Tanaan. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, give me your suggestions/advices. Thanks a lot

Deleted
    Well, simple answer: warriors aren't that good at soloing. Go Second wind, get you self down to <25% health and deal as much damage as you can by using cooldowns and pots. Support yourself by using Die by the sword to avoid almost all of incoming melee damage while active. If you can't make it with that, you need to gear up further first.
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2016-04-12 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    Warrior generally nukes things fast enough to avoid having to heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This. Basically you charge in, press the warrior iwin macro button (Pot+Avatar+Recklessness+Mythic dungeon trinket proc), Hope for Wild Strike and Sudden Death procs and nuke it down. Mass pulls work even better because as warriors have decent burst AOE you can easily heal yourself up with Bladestorm and Whirlwind>Raging blows when going for the second wind talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Currently got 706 iLvl with 715 weps, heroic class trinket + heroic Unending Hunger. Still cannot nuke 3-5kk elites.
    What about using leech trinket from Kazzak instead of Worldbreaker's Resolve. I don't have it yet, just asking if it can help me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 710 Arms Warrior solos the elites. Just get those stacks and use Second Wind. If you're taking too much damage just kite with Thunderclap/stuns and just outdamage the elite before it kills you. You can even do it with Enraged Regeneration if you use it early and then drag out the fight long enough to use it again. IDK the only elites I can't solo as Arms are the ones you can't slow, outdamage or stun like Blackfang or whatever his name is.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteNightKnight View Post
    Currently got 706 iLvl with 715 weps, heroic class trinket + heroic Unending Hunger. Still cannot nuke 3-5kk elites.
    What about using leech trinket from Kazzak instead of Worldbreaker's Resolve. I don't have it yet, just asking if it can help me.
    The damage you will lose won't be worth the minimal heals you gain.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    As a Warrior it is about making macros (if you want it to Be easy) have a trinket to activate and use it with avatar (or bloodbath) and recklessness remember to use die by the sword for physical and spell reflect for magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Sudden Death is still better than Unquenchable Thirst, Bloodthirst does extremely little damage whereas Execute is by far your hardest-hitting ability. It's a shame, if we had Bloodthirst do the damage that it used to do then we'd be able to solo just about anything with UqT, then again that would probably be too OP. Like others have said, the general idea is that you want to nuke the mob down as quickly as possible, even with all the talents and glyphs we still don't have enough self-healing/sustain to fight an elite mob for more than a minute or so.

Don't forget to use Die By The Sword. What talent are you using for the healing tier? The leech trinket might help a little bit, depending on what trinket you're replacing it with you may have a big DPS loss though.

Another suggestion is to use the tanking bodyguard follower if you have a barracks in your garrison; for Horde it's the BE Warlock, Aeda Brightdawn. I'd still consider it "soloing" even though you essentially have an NPC tanking the mob for you. She is fairly sturdy and has a few self-healing abilities and should be able to tank most elites for a decent amount of time before she dies. Just make sure you don't pull any other mobs along with the elite because she seems to die fairly quickly when facing multiple mobs. Also be aware that she has an annoying shadowbolt volley which will sometimes pull every freaking mob within a 20 yard radius or so. You should be able to solo most elites using her outside of the really powerful ones (Doomroller/Terrorfist/Vengeance/whatever the 4th one is called, I forgot).

Imho you absolutely want to solo as Fury since you don't have the archi trinket yet. So far as staying alive I suggest making good use of your stuns and mitigation cooldowns. Use them early so you can get multiple uses out of them during the course of the fight. Especially for those three toy dropping elites in tanaan it's important to get the most out of it. One thing you can try is stunning the mob (stormbolt/shockwave/whatever) and heroic leaping away to save 5-10 seconds waiting for enraged regeneration to come off cooldown (just be careful not to let them reset (heroic throw!)). Defensive stance is super important as you get low and if you're absolutely going to die shield barrier (though you're better off using that rage for the damage in the long run, shorter fight means less damage).

Warrior isn't amazing at soloing but you should be able to do it with practice! Good luck.