Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thanks for the archi feedback. I guess I'll go sort my gear and enchants and give dw a go. I still think I'll revert back to bos or np depending on how we progress.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skozen View Post
    The other DK in my raid did DW frost or BoS unholy, while I did necroblight. My burst was consistently higher during the first period where we burn to try to get only 1 doomfire (especially against DW frost), and by the end of the fight we're usually roughly equal if he does DW frost or I'll be ahead by a consistent amount for BoS. The best logs are mostly necroblight for Archie, and I like it for nice add damage, particularly against infernals. I play it so I have all death runes when adds spawn during the down phase so I can just scourge strike my targets down quickly and NP spreads to the adds near the boss on its own.
    It sounds like the other DK in your raid is making some significant mistakes if they're getting outburst by you while playing BoS. You can get 2M+ opening ring explosions on Archi while using BoS (some logs have something like 2.5M) while Necroblight openers usually result in a ring explosion around 1.2M or so.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2016-04-20 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    It sounds like the other DK in your raid is making some significant mistakes if they're getting outburst by you while playing BoS. You can get 2M+ opening ring explosions on Archi while using BoS (some logs have something like 2.5M) while Necroblight openers usually result in a ring explosion around 1.2M or so.
    Looks like I was incorrect. Mine exploded for 1.2, his for 1.28 with a 750k breath. That's not a great breath though, I'm sure with a good one the difference would be more pronounced. Still, it's not like breath causes massively more damage in that burst window, less than double at most.

7+ Year Old Account
    for some reason I checked Icy Veins just now and saw the Frost trinket list updated this month, April 2016
    ranks M Vial above a Mythic DC and EDH in all forms above all... so I was wrong about the Vial. M Unending Hunger was under a pebble by a small margin too.

So after being burnt from raiding and wanting to take a break till August 30, this is kinda sparking up wanting to play WoW again. Like its a new game kinda going full blown frost. guess I was bored with UH for so long... Now I wanna try Mythic Vial on a full nights clear! I shot up over 230k on Mythic Tyrant burst opener even before first add came down. Very interesting!

plus watching Mad Hatter or whatever his name is on youtube going over the alpha DK moves, UH was kinda a turn off with teh whole festering wound thing. I spread enough diseases in real life lol. Icy Juggernaut sounds more fun!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Skozen View Post
    Looks like I was incorrect. Mine exploded for 1.2, his for 1.28 with a 750k breath. That's not a great breath though, I'm sure with a good one the difference would be more pronounced. Still, it's not like breath causes massively more damage in that burst window, less than double at most.
    A good breath on archi, you can burst 400k+. That's a huge difference. Necroblight is terrible at burst, if you're getting a better burst than someone playing BoS then he just suck at it plain and simple.

Deleted
    Piz I'm disappointed when I burst 340k on tyrant as bos unholy. Could you be doing something majorly wrong with bos that makes you think dw is closer to bos than I think it is?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Piz I'm disappointed when I burst 340k on tyrant as bos unholy. Could you be doing something majorly wrong with bos that makes you think dw is closer to bos than I think it is?
    probably, I think I suck at BoS and try to keep it rolling for as long as I can. Mabe cause I don't pop Vial/BoS/Blood Fury macro till im at like 70 RP... then spam SS and use AMS to soak anything I can, then ERP and spam SS and FS a few. The longest I have it going is on Fel Lord and Soc. Have not tried it on Tyrant in a few weeks.. I don't believe I ever saw myself over 300k burst with BoS even at current 741/746 gear level
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    You can pop ams on the pull and shuffle around to get quick rp on tyrant pull

Don't tell my healers or RL this please

Also, and generally for bos, having bos up for as much of the ring duration as possible makes a huge difference.

And the haste process from a lucky soul reaper seems to help ueh proc back to back.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-04-20 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    for some reason I checked Icy Veins just now and saw the Frost trinket list updated this month, April 2016
    ranks M Vial above a Mythic DC and EDH in all forms above all... so I was wrong about the Vial. M Unending Hunger was under a pebble by a small margin too.

So after being burnt from raiding and wanting to take a break till August 30, this is kinda sparking up wanting to play WoW again. Like its a new game kinda going full blown frost. guess I was bored with UH for so long... Now I wanna try Mythic Vial on a full nights clear! I shot up over 230k on Mythic Tyrant burst opener even before first add came down. Very interesting!

plus watching Mad Hatter or whatever his name is on youtube going over the alpha DK moves, UH was kinda a turn off with teh whole festering wound thing. I spread enough diseases in real life lol. Icy Juggernaut sounds more fun!
    Mythic Vial + Mythic EDH is the highest Burst DPS DW frost will get on a Fight specifically like Iron Reaver.

anyone saying otherwise has simply NOT tried doing so as frost, Hell if you really wanted to you could use M Class trinket + M Vial as 2hnd Frost in Unholy Presence on M iron Reaver and crank out 190-200k DPS posssibly 300k if you kill it fast enough.

lol and low and behold the Top Mythic parses for M Iron Reaver are doing EXACTLY that

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Mythic Vial + Mythic EDH is the highest Burst DPS DW frost will get on a Fight specifically like Iron Reaver.

anyone saying otherwise has simply NOT tried doing so as frost, Hell if you really wanted to you could use M Class trinket + M Vial as 2hnd Frost in Unholy Presence on M iron Reaver and crank out 190-200k DPS posssibly 300k if you kill it fast enough.

lol and low and behold the Top Mythic parses for M Iron Reaver are doing EXACTLY that
    Yes the top two are both 2h frost, but if you beyond that to even the top 10 its hardly all people playing Vial/EDH. There is a mix of edh/cleave, edh/vial, and even edh/grontooth. Overall it really seems to be get fast kill time/rng, get good rank.

Even looking at another ST speed kill fight (Zakuun) there is a large amount of trinket/strategies going on, including someone playing BoS as DW frost.

Obviously it's something to look at and keep it in mind, but most of us will not being killing bosses sub 1min that often.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    Yes the top two are both 2h frost, but if you beyond that to even the top 10 its hardly all people playing Vial/EDH. There is a mix of edh/cleave, edh/vial, and even edh/grontooth. Overall it really seems to be get fast kill time/rng, get good rank.

Even looking at another ST speed kill fight (Zakuun) there is a large amount of trinket/strategies going on, including someone playing BoS as DW frost.

Obviously it's something to look at and keep it in mind, but most of us will not being killing bosses sub 1min that often.
    They actually just logged today, and you will see more as most people arent thinking for themselves until they see a log and realize "Oh" maybe it does make sense. If you have the gear dont argue just try it once, and i promise you will be pleasently surprised.

Also its not DW frost with BoS, its 2hnd frost in Unholy presence with class trinket running BoS what frost DKs were doing early on in Highmaul.

its the best way to run a standard patch work fight with current gear lvl IF your playing frost, your guild burns bossess and you want to log
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-04-20 at 09:06 PM.

They actually just logged today, and you will see more as most people arent thinking for themselves until they see a log and realize "Oh" maybe it does make sense. If you have the gear dont argue just try it once, and i promise you will be pleasently surprised.

Also its not DW frost with BoS, its 2hnd frost in Unholy presence with class trinket running BoS what frost DKs were doing early on in Highmaul.

its the best way to run a standard patch work fight with current gear lvl IF your playing frost, your guild burns bossess and you want to log
    None in the top 10 on reaver using DW/BoS but on Zakun, there are.

Again, it did put out good results and I had already tested it some and saw great burst potential from it, and I may use it more in the future. But the biggest impact still seems to be nuke the boss in under 1 minute as all the results are quite close. Hell, there are even some using NP in the top 10.

oh yeah i agree, the entire thing is predicated on sub 1 min fights.

but it still lies there as the best when done

oh yeah i agree, the entire thing is predicated on sub 1 min fights.

but it still lies there as the best when done
    Looks like they tried it for a few weeks to get it that high, and it also is still not the best on Zakuun. (with current logs)

Still something to look at and play around with though. Based on there previous kills as 2h it seems it drops significantly and has trouble keeping up with DW after 1 minute, so might be worth for the insane speed kills, but I'd hardly call it viable for 99.999% of situations or the best way to play frost on patchwork.

Deleted
    Interesting stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Interesting stuff.
    indeed. its making me wanna try 2H Frost with Vial and class trinket on a Iron Reaver pug and see what happens!
    I remember in HM, open with OBx3 while BoS is running then ERW and OBx3 again and watch the red bar on skada be in first place!

Im kinda glad this discussion is happening without shitting on each other or saying DW sucks and just go Unholy. For me, its like a new class again!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    I gave dw another try and it still seems poo compared to bos. Not exactly scientific testing of course. I'm gonna have a poss about with 2h frost plus class trinket and unholy pres tonight

remember to take Glyph of Presences and swap to Unholy for BOS and swap back to Frost once BOS is down.

DW isn't -fucking- awful on Mannoroth/Archi due to fight lengths still ending up to be durations suitable for non-bursty DK specs to thrive.

Deleted
    Just in case I gave the wrong impression I really don't mean to shit on DW spec or suggest people must go unholy.

Personally I like both and would switch as needed if I could find a benefit.

I gave 2unfrosty a go but was far from impressed but will give it another go with the 3 oblits 3 oblits opener because I'm bored

- - - Updated - - -

remember to take Glyph of Presences and swap to Unholy for BOS and swap back to Frost once BOS is down.
    Or just swa when out of juice for bos? Or am I being dim again?