Nostralius down, what to do? PLAY WILDSTAR!!!!

Nostralius down, what to do? PLAY WILDSTAR!!!!
    Were you one of the 800,000+ people that were playing Nostralius that are now displaced from the game?

Don't know what MMO to try out?

TRY WILDSTAR!!!

Wildstar is free to play with one of the most fair cash shops available on the market. All items can be purchased over the course of a few weeks, collecting omnibits in game for the patient (or you can toss cash at it immediately to get the item you want). There are no pay to win items, simply cosmetics and unlocks (extra character slots, extra housing decor).

Wildstar servers were unstable at f2p launch but have since settled and the game is amazing. It offers a ton of content for players such as Questing, Expeditions (think of scenarios with 3-5 people), Adventures, Dungeons, 20 man raids (with some of the hardest raiding I've played in the game), PvP, Arenas, and the most robust player housing system I've seen in any MMO. There is also a huge roleplay community that can be found at www.wildstar-roleplay.com if that's your thing.

So if you were displaced by Nostralius and don't know what game to play next, why not give Wildstar another chance? The fast paced action combat is a refreshing change of pace, and you don't have to wait until demon hunter to get your double jump fix.

Give Wildstar another chance. It's a great game that offers tons of fun. All it's missing is you!!!

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

I've tried multiple times to get into Wildstar but has been unsuccessful every time. The world, the story, the narrative and the characters is just so damn bland and uninteresting. Mechanically it looks like a fine game but I need a world that really sucks me in and Wildstar hasn't been able to do that, in fact the only one that has is Final Fantasy XIV since early WoW and I've played pretty much every MMORPG on the market out there in search for the "next big thing".

But hey, this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are others that think it's great or don't care about the same things that I do.

Try Wildstar, with all the core philosophies of Vanilla that led it to be an unmitigated failure.

Have fun.

wildstar is just not fun...just like vanilla wow

I......................................................................................... ...........hated wildstar. Everything about it honestly. The quest that while not hard in the least, were tedious as hell and by far the worst for me of any mmo to date. To be fair, I tried it on release so stuff could be wildly (ha, pun) different.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Try Wildstar, with all the core philosophies of Vanilla that led it to be an unmitigated failure.

Have fun.
    All the "vanilla WoW" features they either nerfed or removed. So much vanilla...

yes go play wildstar and find another forum to post on, would be so great if we could get rid of all thise lame Nostralius topics

hahahahahahahahahaah. sure i will try that shit game

Isn't wildstar gone? Like majority of the staff got fired already.

7+ Year Old Account
    i really tried to get into wildstar, but i just cant stand the lvling....

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    yes go play wildstar and find another forum to post on, would be so great if we could get rid of all thise lame Nostralius topics
    So much this please.

Different games. With different content, from lore, to gameplay, to artstyle, etc.

While they both do share the genre and plenty of similar mentalities - one has to be really stupid to claim that Wildstar is a good match to someone who wants to play Vanilla WoW.

Also, there is a big thread that was created with the main intent of funneling these sort of threads into one. So .. in before lock.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Have fun.
    It could've had any philosophy in the world and it still wouldn't have mattered. It's boring and uninteresting, I especially dislike pretty much every UI element from hotbars to quest NPC markers.

Maybe if the game had been built upon an already existing and interesting franchise like Mass Effect or Warhammer for example it could have been more interesting.

And the damn talent system was confusing as hell.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did that already, three weeks later I never looked back.

Deleted
    Zany, generic, uninspired character models.

Terrible, souless lore and world.

Painfully medicore gameplay with 10x more padding and attunement than Vanilla WoW with a mix mesh of backwards ideas that harken back to Everquest 99 days. Ideas even Vanilla WoW didn't touch with a fourty foot pole, or significantly altered to be less god damn esoteric.

Most of the developers have been fired and early in to the games production they caved in to SJWs, altering models. Design artist is literally a batshit tumblrite.

Wildstar took a look at Vanilla, tried to emulate it with a tacky 9gag esque world and completely missed the point. It's like comparing fine wine in a crystal glass to cold diarrhea in a dixie cup.

Yeah, no thanks.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2016-04-15 at 08:40 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    While they both do share the genre and plenty of similar mentalities - one has to be really stupid to claim that Wildstar is a good match to someone who wants to play Vanilla WoW.
    Think it's just one more guy wanting to give his "Fuck you" to Blizzard for taking away his free meal.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Think it's just one more guy wanting to give his "Fuck you" to Blizzard for taking away his free meal.
    Possibly. Just seems very dishonest to suggest Wildstar as a replacement for Vanilla WoW.

And don't get me wrong, Wildstar has it's merits. But it's hardly a replacement for someone who is seeking a direct replacement for Vanilla WoW. (Or even, I'd dare say that they'd rather play Vanilla WoW and not even a replacement, but that's a different topic)

Deleted
    LMAO it's nothing like vanilla WOW...check this fan made video out...this is what wildstar is all about...FUN

Deleted
    Wildstars aesthetics alone pretty much make it unplayable.