Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Considering the types of thing they block in their quiz, 2% seems an extremely low number. is there a paywall to commenting?

10+ Year Old Account
    So..if someone tells me I suck at my job I can go on and sue them for the horrific mental injuries they caused me? Nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Took their little quiz, disagreed on almost all cases. Turns out they consider pretty much everything not agreeing with the author/article to be bad.

So let me get this straight. Male dominated sections were more hostile to women, and women dominated sections were more hostile to men?

Holy smokes, that's a surprise!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Took their little quiz, disagreed on almost all cases. Turns out they consider pretty much everything not agreeing with the author/article to be bad.

Not sure if they are the same ones the show, but I would have only blocked that last one. The rest didn't seem bad to me at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Articles written by women got more blocked (ie abusive or disruptive) comments across almost all sections. But the more male-dominated the section, the more blocked comments the women who wrote there got
    So basically, what that reads is, women feel more abused and block more comments, while men tend to shrug it off because they're used to being abused pretty much everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Not sure if they are the same ones the show, but I would have only blocked that last one. The rest didn't seem bad to me at all.
    Probably the same ones. The rest were at least about the articles, the last one was something like "ugly woman wrote ugly article"

Deleted
    SJW bullshit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Probably the same ones. The rest were at least about the articles, the last one was something like "ugly woman wrote ugly article"

Same, so either I'm a bad moderator. Or they over react too much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh god, take their quiz at the bottom too. I can't stop laughing. They basically just block anything they can even vaguely construe as insulting, "author abuse" or "derailing"... which is pretty much anything that disagrees with the author or takes aim at them for writing trash.
    Not sure if the quiz is the same for everyone, but if it is, the comment about 1 in 5 rape statistic and pay gap, holy shit. This is a classic case of “whataboutery” and – specifically – “What about the men?”. Just, how?

And the way they phrased their justification for what to ban it the quiz or not makes it look like their writers are some fragile prima donnas that need to be sheltered from society.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-04-12 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Thought your favorite interent watering-hole was suffering from a rash of bad behavior? Turns out it might be part of a global trend on the internet.

As part of a series on the rising global phenomenon of online harassment, the Guardian commissioned research into the 70m comments left on its site since 2006. 1.4 million or 2% of those comments were considered below the line and were blocked by moderators.

The Guardian Article and data graphs
    Welcome to the Internet and anonymity?

So if the writers were white males it wouldn't be an issue huh

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    'Imagine going to work every day and walking through a gauntlet of 100 people saying "You're stupid", "You're terrible", "You suck", "I can't believe you get paid for this". "
    Standard retail job. It does make me wonder how these people would cope in a retail environment where you have people abusing you. Would they go away crying every 10 seconds?