Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    $1000.00 won't be worth much by that time.
    The average American throws out 2.6 pounds of garbage per day. With 315 million of us, that's about 819 million pounds of trash per day. At 2.2 pounds per kilogram, that's 370,909,091 kilograms per day. Even if $1,000 doesn't buy that much by that time, I imagine $371 billion per day will still be worth something. And that's just in the US.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    (sarcasm)
    I am disappoint!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I am disappoint!
    lol, sorry. no trump 2016 bumper sticker on my truck ;p
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, space is huge (massive understatement, I know), so there is lots of storage space outside of our atmosphere. So, you could potentially send junk into space to minimise the pollution on Earth. Don't worry too much about the loss of resources with sending all this material away, since in the future with improved technology humans might be capable of harvesting this space junk and salvaging anything of value from the debris, as long as the material is in a predictable orbit that is close enough to keep an eye on. Anything that we could temporarily not want on Earth could potentially be stored in space for when we are better equipped to deal with it, even corpses if some people speculate that in the future we might be capable of resuscitating cryogenically frozen specimens.

Obviously, this is just speculation

Why would I pay to send anything into space unless there was also a cheap way for me to join it? Just chuck shit into space so it can float around there? That's retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is enough crap flying around the orbit already, no need to make it even worse. Better send yourself to the orbit and clean it up a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So it's 2066, It costs about $1000 a pound or $2200 a kilo to send something into space and put it into orbit or send out of the solar system. What do you send if anything?
    In 50 years $2200 bucks will be chump change.