Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    At least we would be in space then... Anyone else who shares these nutz feelings?
    Cant have a welfare society with open borders and a good space program, sorry.

Deleted
    Cold War was not particular cool.
    Being kid in the 80s West Europe knowing that USSR had a carpet of MIRVs pointing at your country (eighty something 1 megatons warheads at Denmark alone, as it was revealed later in KGB papers) that the whole load could be fired as a result of errors and would vaporize its targets 5-7 minuttes later.
    A flock of ducks taking of could for example trigger a attack. Or simply a data error ( the Stanislav Petrov incident - the "man who saved the world" is a good example).
    I remember a day when the air alarm went of and people was like - uh-uh, better get out of town, until the locals explained that it was the go home signal on the local shipyard. There was a lot of repressed and semi embarrasing paranoia those years.
    When Gorbachev came into power, with Glasnost and Perestroika and the principiel START agreements it felt like sunshine after thunderclouds. Reykjavik was like a big sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'd rather not live constantly balancing on the razor's edge of global armageddon.

The space race part was nice though, I admit. We should wave around our rockets rather than our missiles in the global schwartz-measuring contest.

Hmm is that how it was spelled in the original or did they just misspell Schwanz there?

No thanks, I'd rather not have the Soviet "fishing boats" around our coast again, that chance of Europe turning into a a nuclear wasteland again does not make up for space vacations.

This is like saying, "I wish life was shitty, because a crappy life results in good art."

What's your metric, again? Quality of art? Number of space missions? Or bloody happiness overall?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    wow you guys are so cool
    OMG, he thinks I'm cool. That means I'm cool, right guys? I can be part of your club right? I'm so lonely...