Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    You are the punisher, what are you talking about.
    You could probably destroy them all with 1 arm behind your back!
    Comic books are awesome and shit, but in reality things don't work out like that. Frank Castle would've been dead 1000 times already.

In real life you miss, you miss all the fucking time.

Deleted
    Because they're not as strong and brave as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Because its not about running from ISIS its about getting access to free shit. Notice they don't go to poor countries with no welfare.
    Yeah, Lebanon is surely the country with the best welfare system in the world. So is Jordany....
    The refugees that are going to Europe are but a very small part of the people that fleed Syria.

They are not refugees. Just people looking for social entitlements that Europe is giving out. Secondly, these "refugees" are mostly military aged men between 18-30 years old who can make the trip.

They are mostly cowards abandoning their families and countries for free welfare in Europe.

It's a disgrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    People in the past had balls and will to fight for their country, not flee like rats and pray for welfare.
    The history knows so many refugee crises, I won't even start listing the biggest ones. No, it is just that the number of wars nowadays is small, compared to the old times, thanks to international regulations we've developed. WHEN there are wars, people fight. People are fighting in Syria right now as we speak, in fact. Not everyone is fighting, because not everyone has had a military training, not everyone believes that there is a side they would want to fight for, and not everybody even wants to fight, as opposed to just living their life. It's always been like this. For one person that "had balls" in the past, there were hundreds that sit at home or fled.

Personally, I am split here. It really depends on the circumstances. For the country of my birth, I wouldn't lift a finger fighting; in fact, under certain circumstances, I might even be willing to fight against it (if I wasn't such a pacifist that is; in reality, I doubt I will ever fight anyone violently). However, if the country I'm living in right now gets attacked, say, by North Koreans and my help will be needed - I will, at least, support the war effort by volunteering in a hospital or something like that. Because this country, unlike the one I lived in the past, actually aligns with my values worth defending.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    They are not refugees. Just people looking for social entitlements that Europe is giving out. Secondly, these "refugees" are mostly military aged men between 18-30 years old who can make the trip.

They are mostly cowards abandoning their families and countries for free welfare in Europe.

It's a disgrace.
    It really a disgrace that you are allowed to talk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Why do they not fight to make their own countries better rather than coming to the west and try and turn western countries into the shitholes they come from.

A lot of blood was given to make the west great as it is today. These people and countries need to go through the same process instead of moving their problem onto peaceful countries.
    The reason they are fleeing instead of fighting is because there are no clearly defined fronts and causes. This is the age of asymmetric warfare, a lot wars are fought by militias, guerilla and paramilitary organizations who often don't hesitate to fight each other over different interests or simple because it's clan versus clan again. This is no different in today's hot zones in Middle East. In addition weapons are scarce and usually only available through criminal activities, hijacking shipments or simple donations by certain powers acting in background. In the end people always follow Maslow's pyramid of needs and if you think it through you can't fault them for preferring security and safety over joining some random militia for some false heroism. In the end a lot if these groups do not want to run country, they want to establish a rule over a region and are accepting total destabilization in return. Establishing power through means of force and corruption is easy, running a country under the rule of law requires some higher intellect, a lot if not all of the intellectuals from Middle-Eastern region have long gone into exile.

Also a lot people are looking through rose-tinted glasses when it comes to Western history. Changes in the West or Europe are a result of different epochs, some changes came through reforms - one would say the most critical ones actually did others came through wars. A lot wars or conflicts were bred upon social and religious differences. I'd like to point at the Huguenots who in the end were at the losing side and ended up as refugees in several European countries. At the end of WW2 there was a huge stream of ethnic German refugees coming from Eastern and Central European regions who were received with quite a lot hostility by their German peers in the West - they were accused to be leeches and traitors.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account

It's a disgrace.
    House gone, infrastructure gone. No jobs. No aid within the country. ISIS or Assad takes the aid that is sent to the country. Nah, those ain't refugees.

Also, young men can't be refugees?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It really a disgrace that you are allowed to talk.
    Most people feel the same about you.

It's a disgrace.
    I wonder how people believe welfare state is given in Europe sometimes. You don't just arrive in a country and then, at the border, there is someone who is waiting with cash to give it to you. You have to ask for the refugee statute, which is particulary long to process. Then you have to ask for the support of the state. And this is also long and not automatic. And even then, it's not like you will be able to live from it in Europe. In France, you receive, when you are alone, 476 euros per month. That's may seem a lot, but it is not much when you have to find a place to live, to eat, to buy some clothes and all the other things.

Even for the healthcare it is not totally free. You still have to contribute to it. There is only very special case where it can be totally free and again, not for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    If you are talking about the Finland invasion of 1940, the main reason it was stopped was precisely because the Finnish were well more equiped than the Russian. But that's not the same. There is a difference when your country is invaded by another country (there the situation is clear) and when it's a civil war where pretty much every small group of 10 people with guns is more or less fighting for itself, creating alliances and attacking other groups every day.

It's not like by winning some battles you will improve the situation. You will fight for some months, maybe more, and in the end you will just die. And for what? Nothing. Because there is no way for any faction currently involved in Syria to win a total and definitive victory.
    Aww yea man, those 32 Vickers Tanks made of tin foil, 10 of which actually had weapons at the beginning of the Winter War, were totally out equipping those 2500 T-26 and BT tanks the Russians invaded with, and those 114 aricraft vs 3800 the Russians brought. Also lets not mention the Russian ground troops out numbered the Finns 3 to 1 but it's okay, the Finns were definitely better equipped because they had ski's and the best sniper in history to kill all the Russians for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Civilians can't do shit. If you can't fight, then you are just a human shield. So sure, sacrifice a lot of the people and you might get some advantage out of it, but that still comes at the expense of the lives of those people.
    Not sure if you've noticed, but that's how war has been as long as human race has had war. That civilian becomes a "soldier" the moment you give them a weapon to fight with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Why do they not fight to make their own countries better rather than coming to the west and try and turn western countries into the shitholes they come from.

A lot of blood was given to make the west great as it is today. These people and countries need to go through the same process instead of moving their problem onto peaceful countries.
    Because why fight when you can move to much nicer countries and get free stuff from people betraying their fellow citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Aww yea man, those 32 Vickers Tanks made of tin foil, 10 of which actually had weapons at the beginning of the Winter War, were totally out equipping those 2500 T-26 and BT tanks the Russians invaded with, and those 114 aricraft vs 3800 the Russians brought. Also lets not mention the Russian ground troops out numbered the Finns 3 to 1 but it's okay, the Finns were definitely better equipped because they had ski's and the best sniper in history to kill all the Russians for them.
    They had snow equipment. And the Russian didn't have experienced officers at the time. And, anyways, in the end, the Finnish lost the war and had to give more concession that what was originally sought by the Russian.

Deleted

Fight for who? The oppressive government or the more or less dubious resistance movement? (ISIS started as a resistance movement)
    There are many who stayed and fought for their neighbourhood but they are small groups and get crushed easily between government forces and terrorist organisations. When and if you decide to grow up mentally you will notice that the world isn't as black and white and is a lot more complicated than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Not sure if you've noticed, but that's how war has been as long as human race has had war. That civilian becomes a "soldier" the moment you give them a weapon to fight with.
    Actually no, that's not how war works.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why stay and fight when you can just move somewhere else that isn't a shithole with a stable Economy/Luxurious way of life without having to do the normal immigration process

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Actually no, that's not how war works.
    Actually yes, that's exactly how it works. Do you seriously think people drafted into wars have always been in the military already? No, they are civilians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    They had snow equipment. And the Russian didn't have experienced officers at the time. And, anyways, in the end, the Finnish lost the war and had to give more concession that what was originally sought by the Russian.
    Having some ski's does not make them better equipped than the gigantic invading army that was 3 times the size in soliders and 30-100 times the size in military equipment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Because why fight when you can move to much nicer countries and get free stuff from people betraying their fellow citizens
    There does not seem to be a huge followership of those who "feel betrayed" though, I wonder why... Oh, Maslow...-
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!