Deleted

[M] Gorefiend stuck, need help :)

Hello Azerothians,

I'm an officer of Twisted Elements (Silvermoon EU) and we've been wiping on Gorefiend for several weeks now.

Well, we're quite sick of the bitch.. And we wondered if this forum could lead us to victory and give us the feast we've earned.

I've got the logs of our best pull for you guys (you can scroll through all the "bad" wipes too).

I got a few questions:

1. Why do we keep wiping?
    2. What is our most common "error"?
    3. What should we do/change to fix this?

I will record our next attempt in order to give some footage for information.

Logs:

askmrrobot dot com /wow/combatlog/1dccd4a2-f233-4b9f-8d7b-3a28b590393d/report/30#v=0,d=0

warcraftlogs dot com/reports/zhV4CJp3ZBA8GNxf#fight=24

err.. yeah, dont have permission to post links yet.

Thanks in advance!

TwistedElements

This fight lives and dies by the adds. Your second biggest problem is people aren't hitting them enough.

This is who hit the gorebound constructs over the whole night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...es=1&target=59
    While you have pretty shit classes for it, theres no way an arcane mage should be top damage on them. You also have people playing completely suboptimal specs (your locks) one is affliction and one is demo. Play destro for God's sake and vaporize those adds. If you have ambitions to be "mythic" raiders you need to play specs that suit the fight, not ones you think are "fun".

Along with that you are quite melee heavy. If thats the case then you need to tell melee to spend the none feast time chasing adds down.

This fight is quite simple - Adds > all. Dps the boss in the feast.

Which leads us to the biggest problem. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pes=1&cutoff=2
    22 deaths from digest (I excluded events after 2 deaths because it seems like a logical cutoff for the "what the hell just happened" question)
    You need to get your most reliable 2 players on duty to break them out. You also generally want to assign a backup for when they have doom / links etc.

Fix these 2 issues and your pulls will improve a lot.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2016-04-13 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    First thing i noticed is that alot of people arent pre potting or second potting in feast. Only 4 people got 27 or more pots used over 27 wipes... Some even got 0 pots used like Anchei, Billjack, Kromhof, Kerrigan (1). And alot more with just very low pot usage. Even if this might not be the thing wiping you and i got no idea how many times you reached feast (to lazy to check), but this is not acceptable in a mythic raid setting ESPECIALLY not potting for feast.

Hp pot/healthstone usage is also low, people should get used to using it when they are in danger or get low hp.

Biggest issue on this fight is breaking the people out on time and add damage. Start looking into logs like Deja linked who isnt doing enough damage on adds and take these people aside and talk to them. Nobody should even hit boss if adds are up.

Also make sure people arent cleaving, aoeing and using cleave/aoe trinkets/items wich is very dangerous on this fight for breaking people out to early. For example the warlocks pet seems to do alot of damage to the corrupted souls, not sure if this is intended or not. A pet doesnt seem like the best backup dps for breaking out, Luna+s starfall is hitting them, not sure if this is intended too, but what it looks like you already got 2 warriors and a dk hitting them.

Healing on the essences from all your healers also seems pretty low. Your disc is barely (if even) using Archangel and if he tries to heal adds inside without Archangel, his healing on them will just be really low. But generally he should just cast AA on cd, hes missing out on 25% extra healing and absorbs every 30 secs for 18 secs, wich is alot. Also tell him to swich cascade out (and never take it again) for halo, cascade hits full hp pets way to often, its really bad. Durning feast of soul he also needs to spam more pw:s and again use AA so he can use a EAA PoH (100% crit PoH)

Your holy priest seems to use saving grace (for add healing?), and i wouldnt recommend this. He is also casting alot of circle of healing inside the stomache wich is just a waste as it does almost nothing and waste of time he could use healing adds instead. More flash heal/heal and use serpendipity for it. Durning feast of soul he is barely doing any aoe healing. Hes got 10 cast of flash heal and a great amount of 0 (!) PoH casts, not even casting CoH on cd and only 3 divine star casts.

Deleted
    Thank you guys for the quick reply, it's noted and shared with the raidleaders. If anyone finds anything else that's wrong/should be better please tell us.

Well, thanks again

Greetings,

TwistedElements

There's a serious issue with most of them where they need to learn their class. Most can derp their way through flex then the first 5, but on Gorefiend and the last 5 in HFC people actually need to perform. In the easier bosses & flex if dps was crap you'd bring more bodies in. Healers or tanks are crap you'd bring more heals in. Mythic you have a set 20 and if someone is crap then they need to step it up to be effective in that 1 in 20 slot or find someone who is. Assuming everyone has at least cleared heroic and have full heroic gear, there's people using wrong trinkets, wrong talents, and wrong specs to have ultra low numbers.

Doing 50k dps at 730 is really unacceptable
    Not even knowing their opener is unacceptable
    Not knowing what talents to pick is totally unacceptable

Start by having a pep talk with the entire raid to say the remaining M bosses are a big step above from anything else that's been done and go study up on guides on how to run their class. Looked at the locks and warriors and all have multiple issues too long to pick out and list here in depth, but both locks are a trainwreck. Quite evident they haven't read up on anything on their class

Even if gorefiend does go down, you'll be having serious issues on trying to do the last 5 with low performance from dragging out the encounters. Not asking for sub 2 min speed kills, but on stuff like Tyrant or Zakuun if you don't phase them quick you'll have a much harder time surviving. Xhul, Manno and Archi if you don't phase them they'll spawn more adds (which need to be killed) that needs people to do more damage when it's low already = less damage on boss = even slower phase = even more adds = even less boss damage etc. and get overwhelmed and do more mechanics.

Might as well call out and fix the L2P problems now

15+ Year Old Account
    We had to go the route of don't dps the boss period strategy until we made it to the first feast with everyone alive. If he was at less than 96-97% people started getting called out. After we consistently made it to the 2nd feast we said OK, start applying some DPS to the boss.

In many of your wipes the boss has 30 million damage taken at 1:35 into the fight. That means people aren't switching to adds.

EDIT: Tell your hunter to stop chimaera shotting up stairs. Gorefiend has a huge hitbox and he's breaking people out with it. Unless of course he's assigned to do so.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-04-14 at 03:59 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    In many of your wipes the boss has 30 million damage taken at 1:35 into the fight. That means people aren't switching to adds.
    Gorefiend being at 94% health 1.35 into the fight doesn't mean people aren't switching to the adds (whether that's true or not). That reasoning is just wrong.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-04-14 at 04:08 PM.

If people are doing adds inside properly the ones on the outside could do all the boss damage they wanted. Boss HP doesn't measure how well people are doing on adds :/

The raid leaders need to analyze the logs using everything that Warcraftlogs has to offer, including the replay feature. Focus specific areas for improvement each raid night, and call people out on it.

The people assigned to handle digest ghosts need to get exorsus raid tools and use the full blown option that allows you to click the interface to target a digest.

Shadowy Construct damage (adds below) is low and that's definitely making the encounter more difficult for you guys. MM does well and both Warlocks are definitely playing the incorrect spec. CoP Priests do pretty well down there, too, so your Mage definitely shouldn't be nearly twice the damage to them. One thing we found in early progression to help is to have an extra DPS assigned to go down (with a back up) about the same time as the tanks (roughly ~15-20 seconds in) just to help kill the adds inside. Any DPS can do this, but I've personally done it as a Priest, Mage (both as Frost and Arcane), Moonkin and MM Hunter and done extremely well on all of these classes. (Make sure you repeat this after every feast.) For souls, I'd have your DK go UH with the Moonkin and one of your Arms Warriors, with the Hunter/SPriest(s) keeping an eye out for any low souls that need an emergency break.

Just fix the small issues and the encounter will become a lot easier. Gorefiend is a pretty big step up in difficulty from the bosses which precede it but it's definitely not impossible and early progression is almost always a mess for guilds. However, once you start clearing the adds consistently and people begin to click with the mechanics everything will fall into place and a kill will come shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-04-14 at 06:50 PM.

Some insight from healer perspective: Use 4 healer. 5 Is way over kill. Setup your healing CD rotation during feast. With your healing setup: its ez to go with this CD order:

Devo
    Barrier
    Tranq + ring
    HTT

And link somewhere when needed (at begin its really good).

DPS wise, get more ranged. 5 isnt enought. being close to 8-9 will be easier. Stacking melee on this fight suck.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstaz View Post
    Some insight from healer perspective: Use 4 healer. 5 Is way over kill. Setup your healing CD rotation during feast. With your healing setup: its ez to go with this CD order:

Devo
    Barrier
    Tranq + ring
    HTT

And link somewhere when needed (at begin its really good).

DPS wise, get more ranged. 5 isnt enought. being close to 8-9 will be easier. Stacking melee on this fight suck.
    Ofc it would help them to have more ranged, but did you consider that they may not have that many raider ?

OT : Please make your dk switch to unholy for this fight, this will make soul duty so easy for him compared to frost.

Tell every single of your DPS to switch to adds upstairs. Also tell them to do a much better job downstairs.

Since you have a melee heavy comp, tell the melee to kill adds too.

I wouldn't even consider 5 healing over healing for a first kill since it gives cushion for the other healers and if you have a healer (ie, R Druid) who isn't very good at healing downstairs you have the option to sac them on the pull with your soul clearing group and just have them tunnel healing the whole time.

Deleted
    So we had another wipe night on gorefiend on but towards the end we were getting past feast with most alive. Here are the logs for the night warcraftlogs dot com/reports/aZWzjbM4rwQXtmH1

I think my numbers might be screwed as I had to go ask due to RL emergency for a few pulls and couldn't replace me

Deleted
    Again theres no reason for your Holy priest to use saving grace, its bad. He can get alot more healing off by just 2x flash heal followed by a heal (wich he got 0 casts of) and maybe drop a renew before moving to the next one. Even on early progress holy priests didnt use saving grace here and the healing from WoM is pretty nice here especially durning Feast of soul.

Your disc is still not using Archangel inside (or even on cd outside) for Essence healing so hes extremly low on add healing and draining his mana by having to cast more flash heals and penance that dont got 25% increased healing.

Holy pala is also best healer for essence healing but is extremly low.

Your disc did improve abit switching to halo and using more pw:s durning feast, but holy priest seems to just not changed at all. Not sure what to say as it seems like you either didnt pass this information on or they didnt care to improve, wich if that is the case you might want to consider being harsher if you want further progress in Mythic hfc.

I haven't looked at the logs so I can't comment specifics.

From my experience with this boss, the most common way to wipe is to kill souls too early or too late. Too late is obvious why. Too early results in adds in the stomach going up with more hit points than they should, which in turn makes the whole encounter hard.

If everyone on the stomach had a full 20-25 seconds of uptime, the fight would be similar to heroic.

Deleted
    Your resto shaman

Don't want to wreck them on a public forum, but I'm on Silvermoon and if he/she would like to talk about that fight and playing shaman in particular - send me a PM here.

Deleted
    Don't know why your warlocks are not destruction for progress, who in their right mind plays Demo on this as progress.
    Druids doing more on gorebound constructs than a warlock? Some serious issues there.
    Set both locks destruction play with DSI+void sight then you get the increased damage during feast which will help.
    The priority on this fight is adds. Don't have to kill the ones down. Getting 3 adds to sub 20% is more beneficial than killing one.
    Your warlocks need to be shadowburn sniping as much as possible and feeding the essences some dirty chaos bolts.