Thread: Summon Beholder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    This new Beholder is awesome! Inquisitor is too, but it felt too great to be a cd... I'd rather have it as a perma demon instead.
    I'm leaning back to my initial feeling that it should be permanent as well. The move to make it last 12s instead of 18 helped to define it as more burst than sustained, however its duration is just so bloody short you don't really feel like your getting a great benefit from it. After Making sure your dooms are up.. getting a shard to summon it, buffing it.. you have only a few seconds to enjoy it doing its thing before its just gone again.

Since the new model follows you around unlike the initial inquisitor model that rooted itself, I don't see why it can't just be always up following you around, casting its eye lazers on anything you doom. Soul Conduit and Implosion kind of trump the burst AoE talent roles... Observer fees now more geared towards spread sustained, but its short duration and 50% uptime don't support that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I'm leaning back to my initial feeling that it should be permanent as well. The move to make it last 12s instead of 18 helped to define it as more burst than sustained, however its duration is just so bloody short you don't really feel like your getting a great benefit from it. After Making sure your dooms are up.. getting a shard to summon it, buffing it.. you have only a few seconds to enjoy it doing its thing before its just gone again.

Since the new model follows you around unlike the initial inquisitor model that rooted itself, I don't see why it can't just be always up following you around, casting its eye lazers on anything you doom. Soul Conduit and Implosion kind of trump the burst AoE talent roles... Observer fees now more geared towards spread sustained, but its short duration and 50% uptime don't support that at all.
    Do you mean as a replacement for your main pet or kinda flat out a second main pet kinda like Beast Mastery Hunters get a second pet? I probably still wouldn't use it as the first option but I would really consider it as the second option...plus making it a permanent pet would also make Doom a little more useful than being just a apply and forget damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Do you mean as a replacement for your main pet or kinda flat out a second main pet kinda like Beast Mastery Hunters get a second pet? I probably still wouldn't use it as the first option but I would really consider it as the second option...plus making it a permanent pet would also make Doom a little more useful than being just a apply and forget damage.
    Second pet, but not one that you interact with in any way. It just floats beside you and casts on anything you doom. Just like it does now, but it doesn't disappear on you almost as fast as you get it out and fully buffed.

Second pet, but not one that you interact with in any way. It just floats beside you and casts on anything you doom. Just like it does now, but it doesn't disappear on you almost as fast as you get it out and fully buffed.
    This probably would look more cool, and aligned with the class fantasy. Sounds weird to have a small army of demons and beeing able to summon only a few of them at the time. Of course, this would need to be balanced, but damage wise, it wouldn't mean more than a new dot.

Back to the topic, can someone confirm that which demon this new model replaces? Do we still have to stick with Durumu model, even Durumu itself not beeing a demon?

Back to the topic, can someone confirm that which demon this new model replaces? Do we still have to stick with Durumu model, even Durumu itself not beeing a demon?
    It replaced the Durumu model for Beholder.

Funny, I summoned it last night and it instantly died on me. Bug there somewhere lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...that is the only way I'd take it above Demon Bolt, personally. (I say that because I'm a PvPer, don't need a whole lot of AoE)

It replaced the Durumu model for Beholder.
    Thank Kil'jaeden, we dodged that bullet...

Using that Durumu model was wrong in so many ways...

Thank Kil'jaeden, we dodged that bullet...

Using that Durumu model was wrong in so many ways...
    I don't think it was ever the intention for the Durumu model to stick.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i will be happy if they give us a glyph that reverts it back to the inquisitor, that one just looked too awesome, not a big fan of the beholder tbh
    This. Please give us the inquisiter in a glyph at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Dreadlord is too powerful a demon to be just called like that with th press of a button, imo.

Also, why would you ever want to summon Jaina as a horde lock ;/
    Gosh yes it's not like we've been able to enslave dreadlords since BC or anything.

Tired of lore warriors trying to rip out everything fun or unqiue this class gets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    Gosh yes it's not like we've been able to enslave dreadlords since BC or anything.

Tired of lore warriors trying to rip out everything fun or unqiue this class gets.
    Temporary mind control and summoning something as a pet is not the same?

It doesn't matter though, as it's my opinion on the matter, Blizz will do what Blizz thinks is more cool, we may yet get "Summon Sargeras" as a talent several xpacs from now if we keep up the ridiculous power creep our characters are experiencing in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Temporary mind control and summoning something as a pet is not the same?

It doesn't matter though, as it's my opinion on the matter, Blizz will do what Blizz thinks is more cool, we may yet get "Summon Sargeras" as a talent several xpacs from now if we keep up the ridiculous power creep our characters are experiencing in WoW.
    Well whats his Gnome face, Wilfred Fizzlebang was it, was able to summon a Eradar...not able to control him but still.....we are supposed to be this legendary command and skilled individual are we not? So who knows what kind of powerful demons we could summon and control...I wouldn't mind a mini pit lord lol