Thread: Godzilla

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    It's been out for a few days in Japan where it seems to be getting positive opinions.

For people who don't mind spoilers it seems interesting in that apparently Godzilla doesn't actually start out as Godzilla but a four legged reptilian organism that eventually mutates further and further into it's Godzilla look as the military tries to kill it.
    You mean like the Giant Iguana in "Godzilla" 98?

I wonder if and when it'll get localized. I hope it does not take too long.

Given that it is Anno who is directing this, there seems to be a bit of an Evangelion feel to it with it symbolism and such.
    there seems to be a lot of casualties in this and the last shot is apparently Godzilla's tail which has a number of humanoid creature skeletons attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That looks too cheesy for me to watch, but I'm sure some Godzilla fans will appreciate it looking more like the original compared to the western movies that have been made... the tail looks kinda weird though
    It's Godzilla, I watched every movie the Japanse released and close to 80% of it was crappy cheesy movies that deserved to be rebooted. Even the last one which wasn't terrible had some cheesy weird moments even though that wasn't the intend of the movie itself.

--------
    The last good Godzilla movie is the one where he becomes a nuclear battery and dies, this kind of looks like another standard Godzilla rampaging movie they released a dozen or so times that tries to repeat the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Casing Jeoofd View Post
    Wooah the Godzilla looks exactly like the old toy sold in the 90's! Like woooooaahh!
    and about as mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and about as mobile
    Seriously you do not want a mobile godzilla

Saw the tail and thought: somebody likes cats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Saw the tail and thought: somebody likes cats.
    Yeah. That tail, I thought that Godzilla was infused with like cat or spider monkey DNA.
    Must say though that Godzilla really does look menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Seriously you do not want a mobile godzilla

Godzilla doing the safety dance?!?! A happy moment, indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Any news about a Home Media release for Shinn Godzilla? I've heard that Netflix is getting a world release, but that doesn't suit me as my internet connection sucks balls so I wouldn't be able to stream in a good enough quality.

Sorry about the Necro, but it seems to be releasing on Bluray/DVD around this time in Japan.