Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Maybe it's just the pressure of creating interesting plotlines. People demand that now because it's not Mission Impossible, and it has the potential to be a very deep story. We've already had one massive retcon which sadly took alot of interesting storylines with it.

The universe is limitless though, so idk why they went with a Han Solo movie. I think that would be better done in video games where you can use Harrison's voice and face. You just can't imitate iconic characters like that. I'd much rather they jump into the Old Republic, but that's another pandora's box itself.
    I don't get it. Obi Wan is just as much an iconic character as Han Solo, yet people got over Ewan McGreggor playing him instead of Alec Guinness. But somehow, it's impossible to let another actor playing a young Solo. That makes no sense.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I don't get it. Obi Wan is just as much an iconic character as Han Solo, yet people got over Ewan McGreggor playing him instead of Alec Guinness. But somehow, it's impossible to let another actor playing a young Solo. That makes no sense.
    Of course, because there was a massive difference in age between Episode IV and I-III (that's enough for people to settle right there) plus Harrison ford has like 5x (literally) the amount of screen time as Alec Guinness, more than enough to really imprint his personality on the viewers psyche.

For someone to look radically different in their 20s compared to their 30s doesn't make sense, and that's unavoidable when you bring in another actor who now has to mimic their voice and body language. It's far more forgiving for them to look radically different from their 30s compared to their 60's (Episode III Obi-Wan vs. Episode IV).

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Another actor that could play him well is Ansel Elgort. I thought he had auditioned for the role.
    He did, and there's some speculation the jacket his character wears Baby Driver is a reference to that.

7+ Year Old Account

What a absolutely shitty title!!

Is this gonna be a fucking childrens film or something?

I have no hope for this film, and I'm a massive Star Wars fan. There's so much more they could have made a film about.

lol, it's like a lemon flavor dishwasher soap logo.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-10-17 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    What a absolutely shitty title!!

Is this gonna be a fucking childrens film or something?
    I don't think anyone will be fucking children in this movie, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I don't think anyone will be fucking children in this movie, no.
    Well maybe on the dark web if you look hard enough but thats for another thread!

Deleted
    May, that's soon..

http://www.imdb.com/star-wars/solo-t...f_=ls_mv_close
    The movie is said to have a Western or heist feel, something that chimes with Solo’s image as a gunslinger and smuggler. Before production began, producer Kathleen Kennedy said: "[Han Solo] moves closer to a heist or Western type feel. We’ve talked about [Frederic] Remington and those primary colors that are used in his paintings defining the look and feel of the film."

Star Wars has one of the most iconic scores in movie history, but John Williams, who wrote those memorable themes, will not score Solo. Instead, the baton will be lifted by composer John Powell, perhaps best known for his soundtracks to the Jason Bourne movies, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and How to Train Your Dragon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate the "A star wars story" part of it. Makes it sound like a childrens movie.

I predict this will be worse than rogue one, which was the only star wars movie I found truely atrocious. Even the prequels gave me moments I enjoyed and had fun with.

Literally the best part of rogue one is the last 45 seconds of vadar being an unstoppable monster in the hallway.,

10+ Year Old Account
    Good or bad, this movie is sure to piss a lot of people off as their Han Solo headcanon is shattered. I hope they show how dirty Han was. Like Cassian Andor before he went on his Rogue One mission.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I hate the "A star wars story" part of it. Makes it sound like a childrens movie.

I predict this will be worse than rogue one, which was the only star wars movie I found truely atrocious. Even the prequels gave me moments I enjoyed and had fun with.

Literally the best part of rogue one is the last 45 seconds of vadar being an unstoppable monster in the hallway.,
    That's funny cuz everyone i talk tothat watched/follow star wars says Rogue One has been the best SW movie out of the new ones out so far.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to have any faith in this movie when you know about what a mess the production has been behind the scenes.

They seriously need to get Kathleen Kennedy out of there. They're trying to reproduce the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but without a producer like Kevin Feige -- someone who has a real vision for the franchise -- they're not going to be able to pull it off.

They went into The Force Awakens with no conception for what should come next. Rian Johnson was left completely to his own devices. That's not how you should approach the creation of a blockbuster film series, let alone a trilogy.

Han Solo died in episode 7 for me so not gonna watch that
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I find the Han Solo and Rogue One story issues to both be a bit of a head scratcher.
    Rogue One gave us what all true fans want to see: classic Star Wars with the most iconic starships and space fighters in cinematic history; X-Wings facing Imperial-class Star Destroyers; no New Order bullshit, no Trade Federation, no Jar Jar; Imperial Walkers, Death Star, Tarkin. And we got to see Darth Vader swinging his lightsaber once again. Plus it all stayed 100% loyal to the original movie canon. Rogue One is a billion lightyears above and ahead anything that J. J. Abrams has ever made or will ever make in his miserable life.

I only hope that they don't cock up this movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Rogue One gave us what all true fans want to see: classic Star Wars with the most iconic starships and space fighters in cinematic history; X-Wings facing Imperial-class Star Destroyers; no New Order bullshit, no Trade Federation, no Jar Jar; Imperial Walkers, Death Star, Tarkin. And we got to see Darth Vader swinging his lightsaber once again. Plus it all stayed 100% loyal to the original movie canon. Rogue One is a billion lightyears above and ahead anything that J. J. Abrams has ever made or will ever make in his miserable life.

I grew up loving Star Wars, especially episode 5-6. I straight up fell asleep during Rogue One.

I know that alot of fans that hate new things loved it, for me Rogue one was a film that wasted countless interesting characters in such a short span of time that I couldnt even care about them.

It was like watching the old trilogy films, but with none of the charm and old school feels that made them great.

But I've learnt to accept that Star Wars fans apparently just want more of the same and nothing new, I loved The last jedi, FA was so-so, Episode 3 is good-ish, and episode 5-6 are amazing still. The rest is sadly mostly a snoozefest for me.

The canon has to evolve for the franchise to move forward, stagnation leads to no interest but from niche fan bases and eventually the death of star wars due to it not being lucrative... This is a buisness, one or two films to appease the people who cant handle change is fine, but yeah...

Take my GF, Rogue One was her first ever Star Wars movie, she was sceptical to the franchise before watching it.... Cant say she got any more interested. But she absolutely loved the last jedi and grew an interest in the franchise, because the last jedi focused on the magic of star wars... and not so much the need to keep things "canon". I hate people who are looking for logic in movies, let the movie be a damn movie, its not a history documentary.
    Last edited by mmoc9804b1efc7; 2017-12-23 at 04:37 AM.

Gonna have to Disagree. Classic star wars is not as good as the new trilogy they or making or even rogue one. I used to watch the Original trilogy over and over again in the basement of my house as a kid. Loved those movies. But their old. And the acting does not hold up. The prequels are shit your right. But Luke Skywalker has never been better portrayed than he was in TLJ. Mark has really grown as an actor since the originals and i loved how he played Luke in TLJ and even that small bit we got at the end of TFA. Rey is better acted than carrie was with leia, the only good actor was Ford. So ima have to disagree. I like the story of the new trilogy too. Sure we have not gotten as much ships as we did in the originals but due to story its been hard to introduce anything new as the war then is different than the war now.

Yeah, it was 100% fan service why I did enjoy it first time. Then when I saw it second time I realized there's no soul or anything to carry the movie other than easter eggs and the nostalgy factor.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yeah, it was 100% fan service why I did enjoy it first time. Then when I saw it second time I realized there's no soul or anything to carry the movie other than easter eggs and the nostalgy factor.
    And still it's better than the new movies. Tells a lot about our time.

Almost every new scifi/superhero/fantasy movie since the LotR trilogy has been more or less of a disappointment.