Deleted

Massive difference in ring damage for seemingly no reason?

We're on Archi mythic and this is the first 16 seconds on Warcraft logs, left is our Hunter, right is another Hunter. Same ilvl, same 795 ring, and they deal basically the same amount of damage during the ring duration.

i.imgur.com/sx05lvL.png

So why is the right Hunter's ring popping for a million more damage?

Really desperate to find out what's causing this, I feel I'm being incredibly stupid?

He probably had his ring split on the doomfire "corpse" if doomfire dies just before ring explode you can have weird split like that happen but it won't show that 2 targets got hit, only the damage done by the explosion will be half of what it should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    He probably had his ring split on the doomfire "corpse" if doomfire dies just before ring explode you can have weird split like that happen but it won't show that 2 targets got hit, only the damage done by the explosion will be half of what it should be.
    If this is actually a thing, then it would explain everything. Do you have any source on other people having this problem?

The timing needs to be exact to explode after the doomfire corpse is despawned and before the deathcaller spawns.

Deleted
    Different reasons:

1. Timing of the Ring: There is about 1,5 seconds between the time the ring stops absorbing damage and he releases the explosion. The guy on the left has a small damage spike at around 16 seconds. Thats exactly in the "deadzone" so that damage goes not in the explosion.

2. Timing of CD's: Why does the Stampede of the hunter on the left only deal half of the Stampede from the right guy?? The Mirror trinket is the same: The guy on the right does about 120k more with it. Also the Left Hunter deosnt realy start at 4,5 seconds to deal damage and the guy on the right at 2 seconds. 2 seconds of damage missing.

All just small differences, but together they can make a huge impact on the explosion.

Deleted
    same fight. so can't be the corpse split since that well affect everyones ring?, Isn't all dmg is split for clicker if he's inrange of 2 or more?.
    Remember same fight 2 diffent hunter's (semmingly same gear)

Even with small mistakes there's no way it would equal 900k less damage on his ring explosion.

As for the doomfire corpse, i don't have any proof right now since i'm on my phone. I will try and look through my progression logs if they still exists, since we had that happen a few times during progression mainly due to timing.

Doesnt always affect every ring we had weird stuff happen where only 1 ring would split, sometimes 3 and sometimes the whole raid.

This happened to some rogues in my guild -- when we examined it, it looked like any time there was overkill the ring popper got to do their damage on the mob first. It was only a cursory examination, so there may be more to it than that.

Instead of ring overkill, could it be hidden overkill damage not being shown on the logs? It's normally off, so could be overkill chimera shot damage being ignored. Don't think it would make up all that lost damage though.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    This happened to some rogues in my guild -- when we examined it, it looked like any time there was overkill the ring popper got to do their damage on the mob first. It was only a cursory examination, so there may be more to it than that.
    Yeah, the ring explosion damage doesn't happen all at the same time. There is some order to whose damage portion goes first even if it is only a slightest split second.

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    same fight. so can't be the corpse split since that well affect everyones ring?, Isn't all dmg is split for clicker if he's inrange of 2 or more?.
    Remember same fight 2 diffent hunter's (semmingly same gear)
    We'd have this issue on Iskar occasionally when we first progressed since we used a strat which involved having a Warrior taunt out the Resonance. Basically, half the people in the raid's ring damage didn't even register past the point that overkilled the add. (I don't know the exact rhyme or reason for whose damage goes into the ring outside of the person who uses it, but knowing Blizzard, it's probably alphabetical on the combatlog.) Given that you're talking about 2 Hunters with identical gear and seemingly using the same abilities while one has roughly half the ring damage as the other, the ring splitting onto something is the only explanation for the lost ring damage.

If you'd link the full logs, though, we could probably give you a much better idea of what's going on.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-04-14 at 11:26 PM.

As I recall the agility trinket that makes you do no damage for 10 seconds can screw it up too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    As I recall the agility trinket that makes you do no damage for 10 seconds can screw it up too.
    melee only.

As otaXephon says - we really do need the logs. Pictures are no help *at all* to us. We can make educated guesses at what is wrong, but without being able to actually go through the combatlog, we can't look for confirmation of what exactly happened. An educated guess is that it split on something. A confirmation would be us going through the logs, finding evidence that other rings split on something, or a combatlog line telling us where the ring did damage for each player (and how much). Pictures are fucking terrible for analysing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappadisco View Post
    If this is actually a thing, then it would explain everything. Do you have any source on other people having this problem?
    Common problem and common knowledge the ring works like this.