Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Physical attraction is involuntary. I'm starting to think you're one of those who thinks it's racist to not be attracted to someone of a particular race.

There's nothing "shallow" or "petty" about not being attracted to your spouse getting fat/old/ugly. As I've said already, physical attraction is the foundation of an intimate relationship.

I've no intention of getting married for that very reason.
    And attraction isn't entirely physical. Also nice try with the race baiting BS... /snicker

Physical attraction isn't the same thing as intimacy or sexual satisfaction or the like, hence the whole point of being quite shallow. If you never get past the physical attraction then your relationship was pretty much shit to begin with, full stop, especially if only visually appealing people could excite you in any way. /shrug

If you don't intend on marrying this is all moot, be shallow and frivolous all you like.

Yeah I wouldn't cheat, and if my wife wanted an "open marriage'' I'd assume she already had one, and bounce. In my opinion people who can't consent to monogamy to even the ones they love, either don't love or are just weak, and can't control their animal urges. Yeah, we masturbate from time to time, but yeah if you can't love who you're with a lone... Kinda not love. Wolves will throw their lives away defending weaker, sicker, non-pregnant, or mothering wolves if they are a bonded-pair. Wolves only change mates if their mate dies, and so no. We do not have throw away monogamy because "we are animals."

That's my opinion, and to each their own. Probably doesn't help that for all but one relationship I have ever seen/been apart of/ or close to; only one open relationship was a consenting open relationship. Had a lot of bitches tell me, "ohhh my boyfriend and I are in an open relationship." Unknowing that I am with their boyfriend in 1-2 classes on my campus, and I ask them and they are like "Wtf? No." Same with all of my friends, myself, ect. My brother is the male version of this sluttery though, he is also a prick.
    Last edited by Rhinopotamus; 2016-04-15 at 08:40 PM.

I dunno, one part of me says that cheating sucks... the other part of me wonders why the wife wants a fifth child if the marriage is clearly dead.. and then another part of me feels like the husband agreed to an awful deal.. if he dislikes the idea of having another child that much, how is 2/365 days of having sex worth that 18 years of another child? I also assume the marriage is essentially sexless, so thats an awful deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    And attraction isn't entirely physical. Also nice try with the race baiting BS... /snicker

Physical attraction isn't the same thing as intimacy or sexual satisfaction or the like, hence the whole point of being quite shallow. If you never get past the physical attraction then your relationship was pretty much shit to begin with, full stop, especially if only visually appealing people could excite you in any way. /shrug
    No, attraction isn't entirely physical but some level of physical attraction is necessary in any potentially successful intimate relationship. And no, physical attraction and intimacy/sexual satisfaction aren't the same things but rather the latter is a product of the former, as physical attraction is a biological response to a potential mate. The notion that physical appearance being a concern for a prospective or even current partner is somehow "shallow" is utter drivel with no basis in reality. There's no logical reason to be with someone you're not physically attracted to.

Personally, I would never marry anyone that had an expectation that I be monogymous. It's unnatural anyway. We're not a monogamous species biologically, and about 80% of married people cheat at some point anyway so I don't understand the games people play with it. Why wreck a perfectly good relationship just because someone wanted to sleep with someone else? Very sad issue to get upset about, especially for something like a marriage or relationship where there are so much more important issues to consider. It's petty.

Quote Originally Posted by phillys View Post
    Personally, I would never marry anyone that had an expectation that I be monogymous. It's unnatural anyway. We're not a monogamous species biologically, and about 80% of married people cheat at some point anyway so I don't understand the games people play with it. Why wreck a perfectly good relationship just because someone wanted to sleep with someone else? Very sad issue to get upset about, especially for something like a marriage or relationship where there are so much more important issues to consider. It's petty.
    ahh to be young again, i miss those days

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    ahh to be young again, i miss those days
    I'm 36 years old.

I have no problem with polyamory, but I do judge people who are in relationships with one-sided polyamory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm surprised everything thinks the "cheating" is the messed up part and not the fact that a child was used as a bargaining chip in one of the cases.

"Oh we only had you because your mother and I made a deal that I could sleep with other women"