Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The person I was replying to said his parent's S3 battery lasts 10 hours on standby.
    Not out of the realm of possibility. If they don't properly shut their apps down after use I can imagine the background processes would be draining on the battery even on standby. Plus parents usually aren't the most tech savvy, can't even imagine what unoptimized apps tech illiterate people download to their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    They said they were reasonably priced. Which is true. They are priced at the market standard.
    No, they're not. The 6s plus was released 7 months ago- the S7 Edge was released last month. In addition:

The s7 has:

- A faster CPU
    - A higher capacity battery
    - Higher resolution and higher DPI
    - Twice the memory
    - Weighs less

If you're going to ignore the 6 month age difference, you can also compare the S6 Edge (April 2015) to the 6S Plus (September 2015).

http://www.gizmag.com/apple-iphone-6...parison/39619/

Which is a bit closer technology wise- oh, and the s6 edge is currently half the price of the 6s plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Didn't you know that if your waranty is 2 years the device breaks after 2 years and 2 month.
    It's very profitable for the company to aim as close as possible to the end of warranty.
    That's why Logitech doesn't produce mice anymore, they last way too long.
    Their website says otherwise. In fact, in terms of mice and keyboards, they're the only company that I'll go with as a consumer. Why? Because they produce a quality product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Implying that people who do buy Apple products are per se less intelligent. Which would be silly.
    Anecdotal evidence is on my side anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is on my side anyway.
    Which is pretty much meaningless, since it' just that and nothing else - purely anecdotal evidence.

Deleted
    Floss apples third leg with barbed wire. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Probably true.

I just hate apple.
    It's funny to me how when I was a kid, everyone seemed to hate Apple computers because they weren't successful enough. Now people seem to hate them because they're too successful.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It just looks like they were reporting that a typical iPhone belongs to a first user for about three years. That's it.
    Ah OK. 3 years actually beats my assumption.

Planned Obsolence finally going mainstream instead of being this sorta trade secret deal for the past basically forever.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yea, cause only Apple does this! That's why Samsung only comes out with a new phone every decade.
    At least the upgrades have been significant in increasing performance or using new technology. When Android devices went from using those shitty Nvidia Tegra chips to using QualComm's SnapDragon OctaCore processors, that was leaps and bounds ahead of the processing increases that Apple has been doing.

the same thing is done with vehicles. they are designed to wear out.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    No, they're not. The 6s plus was released 7 months ago- the S7 Edge was released last month. In addition:

The s7 has:

- A faster CPU
    - A higher capacity battery
    - Higher resolution and higher DPI
    - Twice the memory
    - Weighs less

If you're going to ignore the 6 month age difference, you can also compare the S6 Edge (April 2015) to the 6S Plus (September 2015).

http://www.gizmag.com/apple-iphone-6...parison/39619/

Which is a bit closer technology wise- oh, and the s6 edge is currently half the price of the 6s plus.
    I have owned both iPhones and high end Androids, so I don't care one way or another, but...

This is a load of misinformation. I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but have a gander at reality:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10120/...xy-s7-review/3
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10120/...xy-s7-review/4

6s shits all over the S6 like no tomorrow and even takes the majority of wins over the S7, 7 months behind Samsung's release.

"Faster CPU" means nothing when you're comparing two entirely different architectures. Apple uses big core philosophy for very strong single threaded performance, and most android products go for core count for advertising purposes even though 6 out of 8 threads lay dormant 99% of the time to conserve battery life.

Speaking of battery life, the S7 and 6s are nearly identical, even though Apple's battery capacity is less: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10120/...xy-s7-review/2
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics