Thread: Battleborn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liked the game, but it runs so poorly on my pc. Everything is on the lowest setting, and I know that my pc is a potato, but... it's unplayable for me. Will have to skip.

In comparsion, Overwatch runs at 60fps smooooth, but it doesn't have Oskar Mike.

"FRIGGIN' CASUALS!"

I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Granted it is pretty much just borderlands online but I love the pve aspect. Just having that as a choice is a big plus for me. It's a different game to overwatch tho, they might look the same but they play totally differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. It is like BL online but I'm glad its not actually BL.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Well shit, if overwatch wasn't coming out soon I would definitely get this. But I believe they come out super close to one another and I personally loved overwatch form what I've played while I did have fun with battle born it wasn't on the same level of overwatch

I think they try to do too much, should of cut the moba portion and just had pvp and multiplayer storymode. Single player is flawed in that not all characters work in single player.

I also don't like unlocking characters when I am paying for the game and season pass. Just to be clear I am not paying anything yet and am undecided on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    I've played the beta all day long and I've to say I'm not impressed. Not at all.

It's some ripoff of Super Monday Night Combat, but messier and with a worst shooting side, everything is bullet spongy.
    They marketed it as a FPS but it's really just a moba with first person view.
    A moba where you don't have a proper minimap or a way to ping position to your team, so nobody got map awarness and it make any team play impossible.

Yeah they got a nice pve side, but in the end it's just gona be some mission that you'll do once and never come back.
    ..But you can expand your minimap at any time, and you can ping whenever you want?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think they try to do too much, should of cut the moba portion and just had pvp and multiplayer storymode. Single player is flawed in that not all characters work in single player.

I also don't like unlocking characters when I am paying for the game and season pass. Just to be clear I am not paying anything yet and am undecided on it.
    The season pass is for story mode co op missions. All multiplayer maps, modes, and characters are free.

When does the open beta end?

It was fun. Loved the characters they were so funny. But not worth 60+ bucks so I wont be getting it. If it was free to play then yea I would pick it up and maybe even drop a few bucks on a few things but its just a FPS moba not all that different from smite (which I love)

Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    It was fun. Loved the characters they were so funny. But not worth 60+ bucks so I wont be getting it. If it was free to play then yea I would pick it up and maybe even drop a few bucks on a few things but its just a FPS moba not all that different from smite (which I love)
    I'd consider it at just the price of the season pass.

Deleted
    looked interesting but ive been playing paragon instead and i think ill just wait for overwatch.. with all the paywall crap it could be another evolve.

Single-player seemed fun, but not sure if I can enjoy the game by solely playing that mode. Either way, with multi-player, the price-tag is just too steep for me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I have no idea what kind of game it's trying to be, but I like what it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    This is my mentality for it exactly. I had fun, but I can't justify a full retail price.

Deleted
    I didn't try it. Checked it out a bit, and noticed what you said about the cost and was like "woot?". Considering what you get for free today (like Paladins Im currently in beta for) and Overwatch coming being cheaper than that. I just don't see what's in it for me. Perhaps for console players or pve players if it has some pve in it.

I loved the Moba aspect of the game and how they keep the borderland artstyle and humor in the game.the story mode is just not really doing it for me atm on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'd consider it at just the price of the season pass.
    Actually I'd probably pay 20$ if I could just have access to the story missions and play that occasionally with some friends.

I like the concept and artwork...sadly it is unplayable on my (quite old) PC. Pretty weird, since I tried out both this and Overwatch this weekend, and Overwatch actually ran decently, better than I was expecting. It's probably that the environments are bigger, since the graphics themselves seem pretty similar.

I wish I could have tried it out more to see if I like the gameplay--I've never really liked MOBAs, but if the shooter elements are good I could see myself getting into this. Unfortunately, for the price, I think I'll just try Paladins when that comes out, maybe pick this one up later if it goes on sale, after I build a new PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    The season pass is for story mode co op missions. All multiplayer maps, modes, and characters are free.
    "Free" as in for 50.- Euros.

I had fun playing the game but as with the other full-price multiplayer only games that released in the last years, i don't think it is worth 50.- Euros, especially with their DLC season pass already planned.
    The keystores have it at around 30 Euros, i'm thinking about getting it there maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it. Controls are sluggish and unresponsive. After playing Overwatch for months, there is no way this game will compete. The engine feels bad. No way its worth more than $19.99.

I haven't played it, but the visual style has really put me off playing it. Do you get used to that?