7+ Year Old Account

Installing Windows 10 with 8.1 Pro DreamSpark product key

Update: For anyone interested the Dreamspark Widnows 8.1 key works without any problems when directly installing windows 10

I have a 8.1 Pro DreamSpark key and was wondering if it can be used to install windows 10 directly(not having to install 8.1 first and then upgrade). I found mixed feedback on DreamSpark and Windows 10 but most seem to be reddit posts from 10 months ago about upgrading from 8.1, and not a direct installation.
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2016-04-20 at 06:05 PM.

Well since then there was an update to win10 which should allow you to do an install of win10 with a valid product key for 7/8.1 directly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Well since then there was an update to win10 which should allow you to do an install of win10 with a valid product key for 7/8.1 directly.
    Yeah, I read up on the update in late 2015, but was wondering the DreamSpark key was treated like any other Win key and could be used for the direct installation

10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well give it a shot and see what happens?

7+ Year Old Account
    Update: For anyone interested the Dreamspark Widnows 8.1 key works without any problems when directly installing windows 10 (will add to the 1st post too)