Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Chaos Bolt needs new animation!

How long until they fix that horrible fish-dragon head low definition ugliness? They should make it a large green pyroblastic ball orb of power and doom

10+ Year Old Account
    How about no?

Deleted
    how about yes. it is outdated and looks atrocious

No to a new/different animation, yes to an update as it looks outdated.

Deleted
    no no no, it does not work this way, you should simply accept that it requires a new fancier animation

Yes, chaos bolt is ugly, blizzard could do so much better than this. Imo it's the ugliest projectile in the game, it's only acceptable because it's big, but new one could be both big and good looking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yes, chaos bolt is ugly, blizzard could do so much better than this. Imo it's the ugliest projectile in the game, it's only acceptable because it's big, but new one could be both big and good looking.
    Now this objective taste projection truth. I stand behind it and I find it wholeheartedly useful opinion! They should upgrade it, change and make glorious! Exactly, totally ugly is the current one!

would be cool if it looked similar to this (dementional rift artifact thingie)

It needs an update, but it should keep the same general appearance.

In fact, I would like a glyph to change it into a demon skull.

I'd rather have a raid tier.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Why is it a dragon? Are we monks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    no no no, it does not work this way, you should simply accept that it requires a new fancier animation
    My lord, your infinite wisdom has shined upon me and I accepted your ways of truth.

I say Chaos Bolt - in needs to be TRANSFORMED! It needs to ascend to the new levels of awesomeness, it should be greener, glow more and most importantly MUCH BIGGER, it should be almost twice the size of D - THAT big... Hmm, actually I think I know what model should it lose instead of dragon...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree with you that while I do like a giant green dragon coming at your anus to impale you is quite fine, I also believe that Chaos bolt needs a graphical update ASAP. Perhaps something that meets our green fire fantasy.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

It could have an empowered effect where it turns into a full on green chaos dragon and roflstomps enemies under it's feet until it dissipates. Leaving doomfire in it's wake.

I liked someone's suggestion of it changing size to indicate how much of a mastery bonus it will get.

In general I like the animation just fine. Update fine. Change? Never.

Does fire bolt, lightning bolt, frost bolt need a new animation? If so, why? Why does chaos bolt need a new animation? The only thing I would change, is what someone suggested, and make its size scale from mastery (but not overly exaggerated) . The size has already increased since TBC, so I'm still not even overly concerned with that. I know when I see it, I know big damage is coming. There's really no need to update it IMO, because the image works.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Does fire bolt, lightning bolt, frost bolt need a new animation? If so, why? Why does chaos bolt need a new animation? The only thing I would change, is what someone suggested, and make its size scale from mastery (but not overly exaggerated) . The size has already increased since TBC, so I'm still not even overly concerned with that. I know when I see it, I know big damage is coming. There's really no need to update it IMO, because the image works.

lightning bolt did get a new animation.

Lightning bolt looks beast now.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I'd rather have a raid tier.
    Well said!

On a serious note, I think it could use an update but I don't want it to change completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    My lord, your infinite wisdom has shined upon me and I accepted your ways of truth.

I say Chaos Bolt - in needs to be TRANSFORMED! It needs to ascend to the new levels of awesomeness, it should be greener, glow more and most importantly MUCH BIGGER, it should be almost twice the size of D - THAT big... Hmm, actually I think I know what model should it lose instead of dragon...
    YESSS my dark apprentice we can do so much together. you see them there? they can be our slaves!!! yes yes yes transformed!!! such a ruinous melody courses through these membranes of me
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    because new higher quality affects are always better, you know, em shinies arrr mate

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I agree, currently it looks like you are lobbing that green ghost from Ghostbusters at your enemies.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann