Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, my "gearing path" this late in the x-pac for alts is obviously "Send baleful to them" so most are immediately ilv 650...ish - and my mains have enough Apexis to upgrade a few pieces to ilv 695 on the alts

But still, I barely scratch ilv 700 on most toons and that is fine, it makes dailies a bit quicker. It still wouldn't make me pwn Heroic HFC....and certainly not mythic...
    It should.... 700 is extremely high for heroic HFC

Deleted
    It's because nothing else requires as much time or effort. When it doesn't take you weeks to get that blue upgrade you wanted, or maybe months to even get a full blue set, then where is the sense of achievement?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    I think this is the case to a degree, but only with the content that is considered current. For example, people care tremendously about getting rapidly geared to ~700-710 ilvl because they simply won't be considered for groups doing relevant content until they reach that point. After getting to the point where either the current PVP or PVE content can realistically be done, gathering even more powerful gear becomes less of an individual priority. Albeit it may remain a guild priority if progressing.

I would think that very few players care about doing a slow progression from 600 ilvl to 700 ilvl and most will probably avoid it if possible.
    Good point. I agree and I think this is a completely different problem all on its own. Players starting Pug groups and demanding higher ilvl gear than necessary for the raid being run.

I see that all the time "Normal Fresh HFC ...715 ilvl or no invite." It's a bit ridiculous. If I create a Pug group I make it a point not to ask for ridiculous ilvls. However, I understand that some raid leaders want to guarantee their successful or timely run and I don't entirely blame them.

I would argue that making friends in game and raiding with a consistent guild team are the best (only?) solutions to this particular issue.