Page 1 of 2
LastLast

outdated dread and fel steeds in legion

so, all but two of our demons have been updated now(observer and shivarra) and a lot of our spells are on the way to looking mage-level pretty.

what are the chances they might update the fel and dreadsteeds as well? i would absolutely love them for it. they're pretty good looking as they are of course, all the horse mounts are really. but considering they're demons too, it would be nice to see some hd textures. especially if you got green fire.

Huh, when did our spells get updated? Looked at the Destro/Affli video up on wowhead yesterday, but all that changed there were the particles around our hands while casting (and only for Destro). Did I miss something?

Definitely wouldn't mind if they updated the Fel and Dreadsteed. They did a good job with really up-rezzing the other demons while keeping their feel in tact.

The Flaming SPIKEY Horsie of DOOM will never be outdated.

I haven't summoned those mounts in years. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I haven't summoned those mounts in years
    Sucks to be you.

Last edited by Derpules; 2016-04-18 at 03:54 PM.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so, all but two of our demons have been updated now(observer and shivarra) and a lot of our spells are on the way to looking mage-level pretty.

what are the chances they might update the fel and dreadsteeds as well? i would absolutely love them for it. they're pretty good looking as they are of course, all the horse mounts are really. but considering they're demons too, it would be nice to see some hd textures. especially if you got green fire.
    You also forgot terrorguard and abyssal

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    You also forgot terrorguard and abyssal
    ah, yeah, forgot those two. they need the update as well. so, 4 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    The Flaming SPIKEY Horsie of DOOM will never be outdated.
    they're ok, but they could use a touch up. time isn't being very kind to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't summoned those mounts in years. :/
    on my warlock, it's the only ground mount i use.

Have they updated the infernal to look like the ones in tanaan jungle or HFC ? cause the basic version of infernal is so 2004 pixels that it hurts my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Have they updated the infernal to look like the ones in tanaan jungle or HFC ? cause the basic version of infernal is so 2004 pixels that it hurts my eyes.
    As of Legion, all the standard Warlock demon pets will have upgraded models: Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter, Felguard, Infernal, and Doomguard. The current GrimSup alternative pets mostly aren't getting upgrades, with a couple exceptions.

I know a couple Warlock players who are overjoyed by this. They'd grown very attached to the pets they'd used for years, and they're looking forward to going back to them.

idk how they'll make abyssals look cooler than the new infernals, but i'm anxious to see.

and new terror guards, i kinda forgot they even existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    As of Legion, all the standard Warlock demon pets will have upgraded models: Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter, Felguard, Infernal, and Doomguard. The current GrimSup alternative pets mostly aren't getting upgrades, with a couple exceptions.

I know a couple Warlock players who are overjoyed by this. They'd grown very attached to the pets they'd used for years, and they're looking forward to going back to them.
    Glad that's happening,it's about time they did it tbh.

Glad that's happening,it's about time they did it tbh.
    if you look around here, you can find pics of them all. they're wonderful, some do need a little touching up though. succubus' fingers are too long and clip into her thigh pretty badly.

a lot of our spells are on the way to looking mage-level pretty.
    I'll ask again. Which of our spell effects have been updated? What did I miss? I've gone over all the available videos for all specs of the new visuals. NONE of our spells have been updated. We have a couple of new spells, but that's it. Off the top of my head: Soul Effigy (which is just the Ritual of Healthstone visual), Phantom Singularity, Channel Demonfire, Demonwrath and Call Dreadstalkers. The rest still have the exact same visuals as live. Oh, and we got the same new effects around our hands as mages while casting.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2016-04-19 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I'll ask again. Which of our spell effects have been updated? What did I miss? I've gone over all the available videos for all specs of the new visuals. NONE of our spells have been updated. We have a couple of new spells, but that's it. Off the top of my head: Soul Effigy (which is just the Ritual of Healthstone visual), Phantom Singularity, Channel Demonfire, Demonwrath and Call Dreadstalkers. The rest still have the exact same visuals as live. Oh, and we got the same new effects around our hands as mages while casting.
    oh sorry. from what i saw in the videos i've seen, the new fire effects are on our hands. i assume that means rain of fire and cataclysm are going to be updated, along with chaos bolt and channel demonfire. that's why i say on the way. i suppose it could be possible they aren't going to be updated, which would be a real pain.

Demonbolt got a new casting animation with the cloud around caster.
    Felstorm got a new whirling animation.
    Targets effected with Immolate are visibly on fire. Unsure if this is new or just more noticeable with orange fire.

Affliction doesn't really have any projectiles to update, its all dots. Drain soul just got revamped... but I guess drain life could use some added flair now that its the filler.

Demo got its (talented)projectile and primary pets main attack updated, the other spells are new.

Just Destro that could stand a bit more love, incinerate I'm looking your way!

Just Destro that could stand a bit more love, incinerate I'm looking your way!
    If you look at something like WoWhead's side by side comparison you'll see Incinerate's animation did get improved somewhat. More the casting animation than the fire bolt part, but an improvement is an improvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    I'm not too thrilled about the infernal one, the new model doesn't look right - feels like it's a variant of an infernal rather than a higher quality one. The original infernal silhouette is too iconic for me to be too happy with the new jagged one with the changes in physique.

Wish they'd updated the quality without changing the design. Thank god the succubus and doomguard has finally been upgraded though.

Deleted
    so, all but two of our demons have been updated now(observer and shivarra)
    I'm not in the alpha* so i might jump the gun here, but:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...derWarlock.jpg

Looks like the observer is getting a new model as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I'm not in the alpha* so i might jump the gun here, but:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...derWarlock.jpg

Looks like the observer is getting a new model as well.
    that's a beholder, it's different. it's probably an evolution of the observer.

Deleted
    The technology is not there yet. Right?