Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sweden's minister quits after accusations of connection with radical islamists

Source: http://www.thelocal.se/20160418/swed...uits-after-row

Stefan Löfven told a press conference in Stockholm on Monday that his minister for housing, urban development and information technology would be leaving his position on the government.

"I have received Mehmet Kaplan's resignation request and I have approved it," said the Prime Minister.

"I've come to know Mehmet Kaplan as a man of humanistic and democratic values, but a minister should be able to represent Sweden in an unquestionable way."

The press conference comes on the back of a week of controversies, which has seen Kaplan accused of being too closely affiliated with members of radical organizations. Speaking after Löfven, he rejected those claims.

"I have always worked against extremism of all kinds," he told reporters, but said he had chosen to resign because his position as minister had become "untenable" following the past week's media storm.

"I think it was a terrible statement and I strongly reject it," she told Swedish media on Monday morning.

Last week a photograph emerged of Kaplan having dinner with extremist members of far-right Turkish organization The Grey Wolves and the former deputy head of the Turkish Association in Sweden, Barbaros Leylani, who was in turn forced to step down this month after giving a speech urging Turks to kill what he branded "the Armenian dogs".

Kaplan denied having extremist links, insisting he was a guest at the event and held no responsibility.

The 44-year-old was appointed to the government after Löfven's Social Democrats formed a coalition with the Greens in autumn 2014. But the events of the past week are not the first time he has been in hot water. Also in 2014, centre-left politician Nalin Pekgul accused him of having a hidden Islamist agenda.

And earlier that year Kaplan compared Swedish jihadists in Syria to Swedish freedom fighters in Finland during World War Two. He later apologized and said his comments had been misinterpreted.

Kaplan's fellow Green Party member Per Bolund, who is currently financial markets minister, will step in as interim housing minister. His IT portfolio will be taken over by Enterprise Minister Mikael Damberg.

It was expected. His lack of professionalism is not fit for a minister.

I will never understand the Swedish people.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    I will never understand the Swedish people.
    You don't need to understand the Swedish people. I'm sure most of us don't give a damn if you understand the country or not.

The only thing you must know when talking about Sweden is the following ten rules that most of the elderly and young adults have been subtletly raised to follow. And these exist in most northern countries.

The ten rules state:

You're not to think you are anything special.
    You're not to think you are as good as we are.
    You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
    You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
    You're not to think you know more than we do.
    You're not to think you are more important than we are.
    You're not to think you are good at anything.
    You're not to laugh at us.
    You're not to think anyone cares about you.
    You're not to think you can teach us anything.

"Generally used colloquially in Denmark and the rest of the Nordic countries as a sociological term to negatively describe a condescending attitude towards individuality and success, the term refers to a mentality that de-emphasises individual effort and places all emphasis on the collective, while discouraging those who stand out as achievers."

And of course the word "Lagom":
    "A popular folk etymology claims that it is a contraction of "laget om" ("around the team"), a phrase used in Viking times to specify how much mead one should drink from the horn as it was passed around in order for everyone to receive a fair share."

Now you know everything.
    Last edited by Krille; 2016-04-18 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    You don't need to understand the Swedish people. I'm sure most of us don't give a damn if you understand the country or not.

The only thing you must know when talking about Sweden is the following ten rules that most of the elderly and young adults have been subtletly raised to follow. And these exist in most northern countries.

The ten rules state:

"Generally used colloquially in Denmark and the rest of the Nordic countries as a sociological term to negatively describe a condescending attitude towards individuality and success, the term refers to a mentality that de-emphasises individual effort and places all emphasis on the collective, while discouraging those who stand out as achievers."

"A popular folk etymology claims that it is a contraction of "laget om" ("around the team"), a phrase used in Viking times to specify how much mead one should drink from the horn as it was passed around in order for everyone to receive a fair share."

Now you know everything.
    That's hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    That's hard.
    I mean it's mostly between Swedes. You can laugh all you want as you're not a part of the society.

this one's a mix of hard and easy.

hard, because of the legitimately fucking retarded policies you people have. easy, because those same fucking policies are turning your country into the rape capital of the world, and there's nothing funny about rape.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this one's a mix of hard and easy.

hard, because of the legitimately fucking retarded policies you people have. easy, because those same fucking policies are turning your country into the rape capital of the world, and there's nothing funny about rape.
    There's also the ignorance about rape statistics and how they work differently in every nation. I dunno how many times i've linked the vast definition of what constitutes rape in Sweden, it falls on deaf ears i guess. Do you believe every country in the western world have the same legislation when it comes to rape?

And it's not meant for outsiders either. This list is for Swedes only, the interactions between Swedes. Not foreigners. Holy fuck you people love to misinterpret everything. It's a culture of thinking you're superior is very much frowned upon.
    Last edited by Krille; 2016-04-18 at 05:00 PM.

There's also the ignorance about rape statistics and how they work differently in every nation. I dunno how many times i've linked the vast definition of what constitutes rape in Sweden, it falls on deaf ears i guess. Do you believe every country in the western world have the same legislation when it comes to rape?

And it's not meant for outsiders either. This list is for Swedes only, the interactions between Swedes. Not foreigners. Holy fuck you people love to misinterpret everything. It's a culture of thinking you're superior is very much frowned upon.
    the wonderful country you used to be, was vastly superior than the bullshit you people are making it into now. some cultures are just inherently inferior to western culture. it always has been, and always will be.

you can define rape how ever you want, but there's clearly more legitimate rape in sweden now than a lot of other western nations.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-04-18 at 05:07 PM.

the wonderful country you used to be, was vastly superior than the bullshit you people are making it into now. some cultures are just inherently inferior to western culture. it always has been, and always will be.

you can define rape how ever you want, but there's clearly more legitimate rape in sweden now than a lot of other western nations.
    No there's not. There's literally no way to tell. Because every country report rape differently. For instance just last year we had 1 guy with 1000 of rape accusations against the same woman (because you don't get accused of 1 rape for years, you get accused for several instances of rape), they all counted towards the statistics as separate instances. Then you've got the problem with different rates of reported rapes, not every country have women that report rape, it's still a very low number in most of the world so we've basically got no clue about the real amount of rapes happening. It's a very bad argument to have when talking about the country and it's supposed implosion. The biggest problem atm is housing.
    Last edited by Krille; 2016-04-18 at 05:16 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

The ten rules state:

Now you know everything.
    We don't understand you either anymore. Regards, Denmark.

Quick, people think our country is Bad, MOVE THE GOAL POSTS!

This was worth a good chuckle. Shouldn't the people against the "rise of the right wing" be trying to put his head on a pike for supporting extremism?

Good there is no way in hell he should stay after his meetings with extremists and making retarded statements about israel.

10+ Year Old Account

Gosh, mass media influence is strong nowadays...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden

The legal definition of rape in Sweden is described in chapter 6 in the Swedish Penal Code.[1] Historically, rape has been defined as forced sexual intercourse initiated against a woman by one or several men, without her consent.[2] In recent years, several revisions to the definition of rape have been made in Swedish law,[3] to now not only include intercourse, but comparable sexual acts initiated against someone passive—incapable of giving consent—because they are in a vulnerable situation, such as a state of fear or unconsciousness.

There have been several international comparisons made, placing Sweden at the top end of the number of reported rapes. However, police procedures and legal definitions vary widely across countries, which makes it difficult to compare rape statistics.[8][9][10][11] For example, Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005,[3][4][8][12] which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[13][14] The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[8][11][15] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to increase the number of crimes reported.[8][14][16][17] Raised awareness and a shifting attitude of sexual crimes in Sweden,[note 1][18] which has been ranked as the number one country in gender equality,[19] may also explain the relatively high rates of reported rape.[8][11][20]
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It says right there how jante law is utilized as a the negative reaction towards the specific stereotype that the ridiculous list suggests.
    I don't think pointing how people ridicule an stereotype explains much of a country.

I can't believe the Law of Jante is a real thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    We don't understand you either anymore. Regards, Denmark.
    Funny. Since it was a dane that wrote these "laws".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    It says right there how jante law is utilized as a the negative reaction towards the specific stereotype that the ridiculous list suggests.
    I don't think pointing how people ridicule an stereotype explains much of a country.
    The law of jante is real but it's mostly limited to rural areas these days. In my hometown visitors from other towns could be sure they'd get their asses kicked before the night was over because of their "shiny stuff", not even making this up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Now, if you werent a broken little swedish boy, we have a set of rules from before these writings( that where written down by a norwegian in the 30s)

The writings and customs of our common ancestors

HONOUR

TRUTH

COURAGE

PERSEVERANCE

LOYALTY

SELF DISCIPLINE

HOSPITALITY

INDUSTRIOUSNESS

SELF RELIANCE

Your jantelov reeks of the desert god that arabs jews and christians flock to...
    Funny though, law of jante was written by a danish and norwegian, i can't argue for Norway, but it does exist in Sweden in rural areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Gosh, mass media influence is strong nowadays...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden

The legal definition of rape in Sweden is described in chapter 6 in the Swedish Penal Code.[1] Historically, rape has been defined as forced sexual intercourse initiated against a woman by one or several men, without her consent.[2] In recent years, several revisions to the definition of rape have been made in Swedish law,[3] to now not only include intercourse, but comparable sexual acts initiated against someone passive—incapable of giving consent—because they are in a vulnerable situation, such as a state of fear or unconsciousness.

There have been several international comparisons made, placing Sweden at the top end of the number of reported rapes. However, police procedures and legal definitions vary widely across countries, which makes it difficult to compare rape statistics.[8][9][10][11] For example, Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005,[3][4][8][12] which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[13][14] The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[8][11][15] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to increase the number of crimes reported.[8][14][16][17] Raised awareness and a shifting attitude of sexual crimes in Sweden,[note 1][18] which has been ranked as the number one country in gender equality,[19] may also explain the relatively high rates of reported rape.[8][11][20]
    I've literally posted this 20 times on these forums, people don't want to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Quick, people think our country is Bad, MOVE THE GOAL POSTS!
    Ehm okay. Whatever you say sir.

Why do you vote for this people? xD

Funny how outsiders are so concerned with brown-skinned people arriving in Sweden...it's rather pathetic.

And as for the "politician", good. Just sad how the other politicians can't be upfront and say "he was let go because he's obviously not fit". Instead they play the usual political game of "tell them nice things until they lose interest"...