Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's not like that's a lot. US president makes $400k. Rubles are damn near worthless so 8.9 million might seem like a lot, but it's not.
    It's roughly 137 000$.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if this is supposed to cause outrage because of "MILLIONS!!!!" or because president of one of largest countries in the world earns less than heads of tiny countries nobody cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Which "objective" sources can be trusted? The ones that share your world view opinions?
    Not sure how you read that into it... But state owned "news" outlets that fails at criticizing their own govt. are easy to dismiss.

Deleted
    We can all agread that Russia have severe financial difficulties, and the Russian peopel have to live with cutbacks. But that Putin is "rewarded" by a 12% wage increase? Putin's salary will not have anny practical impact on the Russian budget, but it is important symbolic issue.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    We can all agread that Russia have severe financial difficulties, and the Russian peopel have to live with cutbacks. But that Putin is "rewarded" by a 12% wage increase? Putin's salary will not have anny practical impact on the Russian budget, but it is important symbolic issue.
    Yeah what a shame. He should be awarded at least double that for all his achievements:

a) Aka owning ISIS in a time that western coalition did jack shit and
    b) Standing up for world's multi polarity

I'd give the guy double

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Archon View Post
    It's roughly 137 000$.
    I don't care for the man, but that doesn't seem like an unreasonable sum for a leader of a country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    b)Standing up for world's multi polarity
    What is it with you and the US?

Deleted
    I'm making waffles right now.

WAFFLES!

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    What is it with you and the US?
    If they are left alone they will determine anything from your country's president to what ice cream you will eat.
    They have already nullified our privacy.

We need someone to keep them checked at all times. This is nothing personal towards the USA. I do believe too much power would harm any nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It seems like every criticism of Putin in these forums is taken as a criticism of Russia.
    Wasn't even criticism in this thread, just a statement on his salary... Some people probably just have strong feelings towards him and get agitated every time they see his name mentioned. Hard love.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.