Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Not weird or defective at all.

There's actually a very large amount of people over the age of 20 and even 30 or close to it, that still very much enjoy the pokemon games or some form of the game. The card game community is very active with players in their 20s, as is the game boy games. Hell, I'm 28 and I still enjoy getting a game boy out and playing the games. Not weird at all!

Normal is relative to each person and their life honestly. Yes society tells you one thing is normal, but in reality, normal is just what comes natural to you in my opinion. Someone being an athlete isn't any more normal than someone being a gamer than someone being a musician. You like what you like, find people that enjoy the same thing, start making friends with people into similar things and you won't really feel weird or abnormal at all. Even if it isn't 'normal' by someone else's standards, like others have said, why does it matter unless what you're doing/enjoying is directly having some kind of effect on someone else's life? It's your life, live it your way and enjoy what you enjoy!

7+ Year Old Account
    What kind of question is that?
    No, dude, you're not "defective" for liking Pokemon. I'm 24 and I still like it, mostly the first 2 generations since I played those a lot when I was little.
    If there exists anything that determines whether a person is "defective" or not, still liking Pokemon is definitely not a factor, at all.
    Each person likes playing something different, and there's nothing wrong with that, to each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdLord View Post
    As a 27 year old guy - am I a weird odd ball for still liking the style of game-play that pokemon games have to offer? I deal with a lot of stress, so typically when I do feel stressed I tend to chill on the couch or bed and play these GBA emulators and try to complete pokedex's.
    It's called a hobby.

Some people like to watch movies and can tell you from heart the last 25 movies that actor starred in. Some people spend their evenings playing video games. Some people like card games. Some like to build and fly model airplanes. Others love cars and spend their spare time playing and tuning them to perfection. Some people like stamps. Others prefer collecting handguns. Or signed baseballs. Or wind down doing knitting and embrodiery. Other people lose themselves on chat forums devoted to the topics of quantum physics, politics, narrow topics in Tolkien lore, or make-up appliances. Or spend all their spare hours training. Or just sleep in front of the TV. Or collect human skin from their recently tortured-to-death victims.

Who can say which hobby is better than others? Well, apart from that last one at least?

Good news!
    Some assholes on the internet has already decided who is better than others, and they have weighted [insert your hobby here] and found it to be filled with [insert nondescript insulting term here]. At this very moment they are currently looking down on you with smug superiority. In fact, no matter what your hobby is and especially if your hobby is [insert your hobby here], you should feel bad, stop doing whatever the heck you are doing, and seek forgiveness from the nearest internet asshole who thinks them better than you simply for not enjoying your hobby. Because everyone knows that [insert your hobby here] is the worst.

In all seriousness - stop caring what other people think. If you enjoy it, do it. The world is a big place. Some people will hate you no matter what you do in life. But you will always find others that will see you eye-to-eye, and you will be way more happy doing what you enjoy than not. As long as you enjoy it, you shouldn't have to care.

And I leave you with this.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

My lovely friend plays and adores pokemon, a rad guy, you'll be fine!

Deleted
    If anything makes you weird, it's your inability to understand that enjoying pokémon at the age 27 doesn't make you a weirdo.

You are either crying for attention or you are very lacking in the understanding of how people think and work.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdLord View Post
    As a 27 year old guy - am I a weird odd ball for still liking the style of game-play that pokemon games have to offer? I deal with a lot of stress, so typically when I do feel stressed I tend to chill on the couch or bed and play these GBA emulators and try to complete pokedex's.
    We're all defective. The weird things we do is just the coping mechanism to get us through.

If this was a IRL conversation I'd probably tease you that you should of matured to Digimon by now, but that's just cos it's a quick way to stop people talking about Pokemon at me.

You're never too old for any form of entertainment if it entertains you. Last time I played a Pokemon game I was probably a couple years older than you are.
    Just try to avoid letting it inform your interior decorating choices.