Thread: Max deficit?

Deleted

Max deficit?

What's the max deficit before the body turns to survival mode and starts burning muscle instead of fat for energy.

Im 1.5 months in on an average of 1k deficit. Some days 500, some days 1500. Overall 1k. Im eating anabolic. Low carbs during weekdays, carbloading/refeeding in the weekend. This in combination with 3 workouts per week mainly consisting of compounds until failure and then 30 minutes of cardio.

Im not losing strength (training till failure makes sure of that, im actually gaining, upping weights and reps) and ive lost 8 pounds (4kg so far) getting close to 10. I weigh 3x a day and take the week average.

Yesterday night was the first night i actually woke up due to being hungry which for me was a warning sign.
    Should i refeed on BMR for a week and then continue to restore balance? Or can i go on as long as my body takes it and i feel good? Alot of mixed items on the subject.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-04-19 at 08:49 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE

Maybe this video may be interesting to you?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Survival mode is only something to worry about when you've been starving yourself (sub 1000 calories) for a very long time.
    There are factors to take into account such as current weight and TDEE but in short it's something you shouldn't have to worry about. Ever.

You're doing everything right but you might be over complicating things with your diet.
    This is just me but a 500 deficit one day then 1500 the next just seems inconsistent. I'd just stick with 500 all day every day.

You will have to get used to feeling hungry as the weight comes off and strength will start to peak out, and more than likely drop too.
    Don't worry about refeeds, ever, unless you're gunning for sub 10%.
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.