Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    The ones in the game Total Annihilation had six legs n it would have been more effective unit than the one in the movie..due to its stun weapon.
    True, but spiders don't have six legs ever =/

It probably will make you want to watch the old stuff.
    Yeah, either before it started or a few minutes in my friend and I looked at each other and agreed we need to find the anime again and rewatch it all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Saw it yesterday (3/31) along with a friend who remembered the anime. We both agreed it was a decent movie, especially if you aren't going into it expecting it to be an anime cloned perfect. There were a couple minor things, but nothing major.
    Come now I bet there was at lease one Major thing............

Plan to see it soon, been hearing its good, If I wanted a 1:1 with the anime I would just watch the anime
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Come now I bet there was at lease one Major thing............
    Oh I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Plan to see it soon, been hearing its good, If I wanted a 1:1 with the anime I would just watch the anime
    That's the way I look at these things. If I wanted them to be a clone, well I have the original. To me as long as the movie itself is good and portrays the same theme as the original then I'm fine. If it's something like "Dragonball Z: Wrath of the Tickle Monster" and it turns out to be more of a "Sailor Moon: Rise of the Tickle Monster" then yeah that wouldn't work for me then could see people irritated.

Just got back from seeing this at the cinema, thoroughly enjoyed it, I think ti was a great sci fi film. I've seen the original movie (I actually didn't like it too much), and I've also seen (most) episode of Stand Alone Complex (It was screened on free to air TV here in Australia a few years ago).

I remember enough of the film to recognize scenes they incorporated, but otherwise my memory was hazy enough that I didn't really find myself nerdraging over anything (Again tho, I'm far from a hardcore fan of GiTS).

Ignore all the whinging and crying over "whitewashing" and go see the film, it's good!
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Oh I see what you did there

That's the way I look at these things. If I wanted them to be a clone, well I have the original. To me as long as the movie itself is good and portrays the same theme as the original then I'm fine. If it's something like "Dragonball Z: Wrath of the Tickle Monster" and it turns out to be more of a "Sailor Moon: Rise of the Tickle Monster" then yeah that wouldn't work for me then could see people irritated.
    Totally agree
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    What is gits? Ghost tits??
    Gits

Ghost in the shell

Just saw it. It was decent as an 'origin story' if you wanna call it that. My main gripe with the movie is that if you think about it, i the plot is too much like the old Robocop movie.
    Reused scenes from the 1995 movie with basically swapping out 1995 Puppetmaster for a more violent SAC Kuze while shitting on the shared consciousness part. Also felt like it was a bit short, Sec 9 members could've used more character development. Hope they release a dvd/bluray with extras/cut content.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-04-01 at 10:59 PM.

I really wonder what the people blaming SJW over this movie would think of the plot of the original continuity (or one spin off does not really remember)

In which the ''South Risen again'' Neo-Confederate American Empire is driven off Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I really wonder what the people blaming SJW over this movie would think of the plot of the original continuity (or one spin off does not really remember)

In which the ''South Risen again'' Neo-Confederate American Empire is driven off Mexico
    Dude that was my favorite episode lol. The stand alone episodes of stand alone complex are always the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

I didn't know anyone was blaming them in a decent context. My issue with the movie has been the shotty casting #notmymajor from an acting point of view not racially.

Anime is generally and specifically lacking ethnicity frequently. There are characters who are specifically designed to represent a race or culture while others are intended to avoid any specificity.

Scarlett is just an awful choice to hit the vocal command or facial range of SAC era Major and doesn't have the depth to do a take on 1995 either.

The push to fabricate some victimization via evil corporation is a spit in the face to the lineage of the character and was completely forced into the movie out of laziness. It's insulting to the character. I honestly cannot see how anyone can claim to be a "fan" of the original works and also be ok with this take, especially if you're going to call up Dragon ball Evolution. If this take is ok then nothing was wrong with DBE.

To me it's a kin to someone saying the are a fan of puzzle games and the only thi ng they play or have played is candy crush. It's a surface appeal and nothing more.

This is a piece of shit attempt to capitalize on existing fan base while pushing to franchise. Honest fans should be pissed and the average consumer will avoid any high brow philosophical movie because words are tough.

I don't care how great the visuals are said to be. I've never been able to "emerse" myself into such things. People gushed over avatar and I couldn't help but think how shitty it looked or how I felt like I was watching a star wars prequel the whole time.

I didn't think much of the movie.
    But then I only saw it for ScarJo. In that, I got what I wanted.

Script and direction could have been a lot better.

Of course the script and direction could have been better, it's Hollywood, no one chances on anything new.

While I enjoyed the movie, they could gave anyone who was not Batou, the Major and Aramaki more development.

There was too many throw backs to the 95 movie. Mostly to show how GITS it is. Personally, while I like the throwbacks, I would have liked it more if they concentrated on world building.

I hope they make a sequel where they could do a little bit more with the characters.

I doubt that there will be a sequel.
    It looks like it made only $19mil this weekend. ($110mil budget)

Anime movies are hit or miss...mostly miss here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched it last night... It was odd. But I knew nothing about it going in. It was entertaining enough but I just felt like.... it was almost half a movie, and I'm not sure why

There's probably a lot of deleted scenes they took out to make the movie shorter.

For those who've seen the trailer, and Kuze says, "They did not save your life, they stole it." I don't remember that line being in the actual movie. And there's an instance in the movie that didn't really make sense to me. Batou and the Major were on the boat, and the Major states that she's going deeper or back (whichever), but then the next time we see her is when she gets caught by the goon squad of the company that turned her into the cyborg. And I am thinking that there's a lot of missing context, where did Batou go? Why was she alone when she is captured?

When it comes out on Bluray, hopefully it'll have some deleted scenes in which makes the movie more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    When it comes out on Bluray, hopefully it'll have some deleted scenes in which makes the movie more logical.
    Not with that box office, no.

the movies not doing very well, havent seen it yet but plan to see it after i see power rangers (which is doing well, just 3 million short of already making back its budget which is much much lower than this movies budget is)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost in the Shell was a good cyberpunk movie and a bad Ghost in the Shell adaptation. They really should have filed off the serial numbers, changed character names and a few designs, and released it as an independent IP.

I'm not even talking whitewashing or whatever; they tried to combine four or five plot arcs from the movies and anime into one plot arc that robbed most of the characters of their backstories, almost entirely cut out Section 9 aside from Aramaki and Batou, greatly changed Kuze's motive and character arc from a morally-grey, sympathetic revolutionary leader into a standard revenge plot, and got rid of most of the philosophic wonderings of the source material in favor of a more simplified cyberpunk tale of a protagonist who begins as part of the machine and strikes out on her own against a seemingly-insurmountable corporate/government foe well-guarded by the existing power structure.

Like I said, not a bad cyberpunk flick (it's kind of a poor man's Blade Runner in some aspects), but it's not really worthy of the franchise it adapts.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    There's probably a lot of deleted scenes they took out to make the movie shorter.

For those who've seen the trailer, and Kuze says, "They did not save your life, they stole it." I don't remember that line being in the actual movie. And there's an instance in the movie that didn't really make sense to me. Batou and the Major were on the boat, and the Major states that she's going deeper or back (whichever), but then the next time we see her is when she gets caught by the goon squad of the company that turned her into the cyborg. And I am thinking that there's a lot of missing context, where did Batou go? Why was she alone when she is captured?

The purpose of that was her telling them she wanted back on the grid because she wanted to get caught. That's why you see the Chief (name escapes me) tells everyone to go to mind comms and you see them all later waiting for the explosion scene and stuff. Could've been dialogued better, but ultimately it was her way of saying I'm baiting them into a trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main character in this movie gets changed, it's all good.

Iron Fist gets petition for race change, SJW agenda that shits on source material.