Deleted

prep early vs fw uptime

So I've been reading & seeing rogues no longer pairing their sd's with vanishes & I had a question regarding if this is for the extra FW uptime?

Which also lands mw my next question. With FW uptime being important that would change my opener (not prep till opener is done) but wait till FW from my opener is done & pop the 2nd vanish.

Any of you guys have some numbers on what's the better playstyle or comments of your own? Cheers

As I understand it, though not currently raiding, it is due to increasingly shorter fight lengths (ring + gear) meaning that it's better to use vanish on Cooldown to squeeze a higher number of vanishes in over the fight.
    There is more complexity as to when it is beneficial to do this vs. stacking your offensive CDs, but I honestly don't know the exact information. Someone else may well be able to fill in those blanks.

Edit: It's discussed here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-Vanish-Usage literally 6 or 7 threads down on the front page.
    Last edited by Andunae; 2016-04-22 at 06:15 PM. Reason: OP is blind

Deleted
    13/13m atm - i main sub and do fair bit of research and analyze pulls from ppl like fragie (now in serenity, used to be in paragon) to try and improve my own play.

As i understand it, as long as you are not costing # of vanish casts you can squeeze into the encounter you are better off stack dance and vanish but if you are risking to miss one whole vanish for delaying your first/2nd/3rd/4th vanish for your dance, its better to use vanish on cooldown to ensure you have as many vanish casts as you can, for ring(every 2min) you must have vanish/dance/reflection up to be competitive - if you use lust on pull use prep to get extra ambush/evis into the first ring - or if fight is longer than 5min use prep on pull aswell regardless if you use lust on pull or not - if you are progressing fights still and encounter is for example 7min long - you are better off not using prep on pull since with dance on pull your 2nd vanish comes off cooldown super fast thanks to your CP spenders + tier bonus in 7min fight you have first 1min40sec wiggle room to use your prep to get 2nd prep off on the encounter

tldr; lust on pull -> prep | fight longer than 5min -> prep on pull | dance vanish and reflection up for every ring usage | delaying vanish is fine unless you end up wasting possible another vanish on the fight due to too long delay to wait for dance

Basically stack all cooldowns possible without missing any vanish/dance/reflection/prep casts on the fight - also if there is possibility of Fan of Knifing it brings your vanish up really quick with costs of ST dmg (FoK over Backstab => no double rupture ticks)