Subscriber benefits?

I played SWTOR at launch. I stopped subbing at some point before Rise of the Hutt Cartel though I did buy it and never touch it, so I'm sat on a Level 50 Imperial Agent who has pretty much cleared the launch content and nothing else. I subbed once or twice post-F2P but I never really did anything for various reasons.

Now I'm interested in getting back into KotFEmpire with a friend, but I was wondering - with my preferred status - if it would have been worth subscribing. I tried looking for a perk chart for subscribing (I know there was one before) but that appears to have vanished. I'm only really interested in working through the story content and maybe some of the housing so it won't be a 'long-term' plan by any means.

We're looking at making new characters. Is there any point in either of us subscribing before we reach KotFEMpire? My friend is new to the game, so blitzing through to the highest level ASAP isn't a priority. My Google search proved surprisingly fruitless. What ARE the actual benefits of subscribing now other than getting access to Fallen Empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post

Now I'm interested in getting back into KotFEmpire with a friend, but I was wondering - with my preferred status - if it would have been worth subscribing. I tried looking for a perk chart for subscribing (I know there was one before) but that appears to have vanished. I'm only really interested in working through the story content and maybe some of the housing so it won't be a 'long-term' plan by any means.
    EDIT: Found this. This might be the chart you were looking for:
    https://braxwolf.com/2015/11/18/awak...star-wars-tor/

However, at a minimum I would suggest a one month sub.

You get all the content up to this point which is Rise of the hutts and Shadows of Reven PLUS the current 12 chapters of the KotFE story. That also comes with Glactic Starfighter and the Strongholds (Housing). It's worth it for $15.

Drop the sub after that if you want to go back to preferred status.

We're looking at making new characters. Is there any point in either of us subscribing before we reach KotFEMpire? My friend is new to the game, so blitzing through to the highest level ASAP isn't a priority. My Google search proved surprisingly fruitless. What ARE the actual benefits of subscribing now other than getting access to Fallen Empire?
    If I can find an old picture of the chart you mentioned Ill post it. From memory the biggest benefits of subbing is unlimited credits. I think preferred is capped at 350K.

Preferred is also hindered a little bit through some cosmetic things as well:
    Can't hide head slot.
    Can't show Titles.
    4 action bars instead of 6

These are not a big deal but I'll list a few:
    Limited fleet passes
    Limited emergency spawn passes
    Limited cargo holds
    Limited crew skills
    Limited mail
    Limited GTN transaction

Most everything once you are in game (and usually a sub) you can save enough credits to remove nearly all restrictions except the credit cap and they can be removed individually or account wide (Go account wide if you can). Many if not all are on the Auction house (GTN) for in game credits and not cartel coins.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-04-20 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    The biggest draw back for not being subbed is the very strict credit cap
    For the cap you really aren't going to be able to buy much, as the nice stuff, always goes above the cap
    I personally think they should double the cap, but stop there, if they put it any higher, I know a few who would quit, as cap is only reason they stay subbed

Deleted
    Prices for housings are totally overrated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suchender81 View Post
    Prices for housings are totally overrated
    Coruscant & Drum Kaas are only a few credits each
    Though Yavin & Nar Shad is high price, Tatooine being middle grounds
    Just wish they would add new places
    manaan, Rishi and Alderaan Spring to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Coruscant & Drum Kaas are only a few credits each
    Though Yavin & Nar Shad is high price, Tatooine being middle grounds
    Just wish they would add new places
    manaan, Rishi and Alderaan Spring to mind

Would os love a manaan or Rishi one. Rishi for way up on the cliffs like you can see now. A very cool one would be a half in the water, half out on manaan. Be able to see some sea life in the underwater areas. I'd buy into either of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Would os love a manaan or Rishi one. Rishi for way up on the cliffs like you can see now. A very cool one would be a half in the water, half out on manaan. Be able to see some sea life in the underwater areas. I'd buy into either of those.
    Spooky that's how I visioned they would be lol
    Rishi on the cliff , as you said, you can see. With maybe a path going down to your own beach
    Manaan, semi submerged, with Windows looking out underwater to see the sea life
    Alderaan, one of the palaces type buildings

10+ Year Old Account
    I played SWTOR at launch. I stopped subbing at some point before Rise of the Hutt Cartel though I did buy it and never touch it, so I'm sat on a Level 50 Imperial Agent who has pretty much cleared the launch content and nothing else. I subbed once or twice post-F2P but I never really did anything for various reasons.

This is like my exact situation... creepy.

*logs into account to see if OP stole*

Nope, we're good carry on.

BTW, if you sub for a month make sure to setup all your characters with head slot preferences, basically everything that costs money without a sub, as it does not revert
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    F2P can't even use a cargo bay without buying an unlock. Go figure.