Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Newsflash: some people might be crazy.

I guess I better avoid contact with all humans from now on. You know, just incase.
    No, you are going to extremes.

Would you allow a convicted child molester into your home if you had children?

No.

Saying No, doesn't mean you should not allow anyone into your home because disallowed a child molester.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Can anyone from a European country give a brief account of your rental or room sharing laws?

No way in hell can you ask a "refugee" to leave your home if a problem arises, and they have to legally leave right then and there.
    In the UK and Cyprus it is remarkably easy to get rid of refugees from your house, because the Government is accommodating them so they are not in your house in the first place.

How it works in other countries I have no idea.

Sounds like a good basis for a TV sitcom.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Newsflash: some people might be crazy.

I guess I better avoid contact with all humans from now on. You know, just incase.
    There comes s point when someone is so open minded their brain falls out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Of course you can. If you own the property, and you decide you don't want them there anymore then they're essentially trespassing. Their status makes no difference to this.
    "Oh, but you can't kick me out! I'll be homeless!". Tough shit. Happens to people every day.
    You have no idea then of the legal agreements you enter into when someone moves in and has a residency there.

It is not as easy as saying "leave" and they have to leave.

I suggest you consult your countries, or municipalities laws regarding this issue. It might open your eyes quite a bit.

No thanks. I wouldn't want my sister getting raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Make it a terrible reality TV contest.

First one to get annoyed and want out loses the ability to stay there. Refugees will be rolling in housing, then.

Deleted
    No, you are going to extremes.

Would you allow a convicted child molester into your home if you had children?

No.

Saying No, doesn't mean you should not allow anyone into your home because disallowed a child molester.
    What? This makes absolutely no sense. Can someone try and rephrase what the point is here?

You have no idea then of the legal agreements you enter into when someone moves in and has a residency there.

I suggest you consult your countries, or municipalities laws regarding this issue. It might open your eyes quite a bit.
    It seems like, for some reason, the one that is renting his own property has less rights than the one who's using the rented property, no?

It's not like that here in Croatia, afaik, but that law sounds so wrong it's not even funny.

Deleted

Yeah, you can't just throw them out here. If they have an actual legal contract, you have to wait 3 months to throw them out from when you want to evict them. Fun times if it's someone you have a conflict with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    How I met your mothers.

Two broke jihadis.

The Big Bang Theory.

Everybody loves Mohammed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer1919 View Post
    No thanks. I wouldn't want my sister getting raped.
    Territorial, are you? Or just greedy?

Like I said to someone else.
    Yes some people might be crazy, most probably aren't but to say there is no risk is asinine. Living with a stranger and dealing with strangers are very 2 different things, I am surprised you couldn't figure that out. You never know what people are capable of. Out of high-school I was roommates with a friend from school, one day he pawned all my stuff while I was at work and took off, never thought he would be capable of such a thing. That was the last time I ever had a roommate, id rather live in the slums alone than in a nicer place with a roommate.

Even if the person you take in is a good person, that doesn't mean they are easy to live with, it's a huge commitment.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2016-04-20 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is from Norfolk a place where incest is used as a stereotype.

I got infracted for "region bashing" - which is not even a thing - the last time I made a joke about people from Norfolk, so I am more careful now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    You're beyond naive.
    I'm still waiting for his hitch-hiking trip across Africa to show that "humans are human"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How I met your mothers.

Two broke jihadis.

The Big Bang Theory.

Everybody loves Mohammed.
    72 Mother in Laws, or

How I Met your 72 Mother in Laws
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-04-20 at 01:46 PM.

Yeah, sorry, no. I'm not even that comfortable with nationals that I am unfamiliar with, let alone foreigners from war-torn regions of questionable cultural background. Not to mention they can't vet these people for shit and I may very likely end up with some sort of economic migrant. not someone genuinely in need.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-20 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Was it larger though? Not saying majority wasnt the wrong word to use. It isn't and wasn't the point, Theodarzna claimed that most of the migrants werent actually Syrians, not true in Swedens case, moving on.
    51k out of 160k isn't most though.

Your grasp on the english language is tenuous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    It seems like, for some reason, the one that is renting his own property has less rights than the one who's using the rented property, no?

It's not like that here in Croatia, afaik, but that law sounds so wrong it's not even funny.
    In America these rental laws work quite well, as it prevents or cuts down abuse by the landlord, and also prevents and cuts down on people suddenly being homeless.

Obviously there will be occurrences where the landlord gets the shaft, but it is a net gain for the entire property rental and housing community.

Wow. Calling not wanting someone's sister to get raped "greedy" and "territorial". Not sure if you're drunk dude. I swear I've seen you think more clearly than this.

Deleted
    How the fuck is that territorial or greedy?