Thread: Nerfs announced

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Nerfs announced

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...resh-4-20-2016

Ancient of Lore: The choice for drawing card is now only 1 down from 2.
    Force of Nature: No charge but permanent and costs 5 now.
    Keeper of the Grove: Health lowered to 2.
    Iron Beak Owl: Costs 3 now.
    Big Game hunter: Costs 5 now.
    Hunter's Mark: Costs 1 now.
    Blade Flurry: Cost is now 4 up and does not hit the enemy hero.
    Knife Juggler: Only two attack now.
    Leper Gnome: Only 1 attack now.
    Arcane Golem: No Charge but has two more health.
    Molten Giant: Costs 25 now up from 25.
    Master of Disguise: Only gives a friendly minion stealth for one turn now.
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2016-04-21 at 08:43 AM.

Lore: Don't really like this change. 7 mana 5/5 draw a card is quite mediocre. The 2nd card is what made it good. It wasn't OP before.

Keeper of the Grove: Reducing it down to 2/2 is a bit overkill. I'd have made it a 2/3. In all honesty I don't think this card was OP though.

Force of Nature: Good change. Still a decent card(5 mana 6/6)but not broken.

Owl: Good change.

BGH: Meh...okay enough change I guess. Really depends on the meta, with Dr. Boom no longer usable there probably won't be much use for BGH anyway.

Hunter's Mark: Good change. 0 mana cards in general are broken.

Blade Flurry: Not necessary. 2 mana for a board clear seems broken but you have to commit a lot into it(hero power plus 1-2 other cards to buff the weapon).

Knife Juggler: Good change.

Leper Gnome: Good change.

Arcane Golem: I like this change actually. This card is still usable. You ramp your opponent in exchange for a powerful curve breaker. It'll still see play in tempo decks.

Molten Giant: Not sure about this one. Handlock is now a lot weaker as people won't be as afraid to bring you down to low HP.

Master of Disguise: LOL do people even use this card? I have literally never seen it played in constructed.

So glad to see druids combo and aggro minions being toned down, it was badly needed. I only think the Keeper of the Grove nerf is a bit harsh, they could've made him a 2/3 instead of 2/2.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2016-04-20 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Master of Disguise: LOL do people even use this card? I have literally never seen it played in constructed.
    They gave the reasoning, it was restricting for design going forward. To be fair though, if it's not used, then there's really no issue in nerfing it.

In my opinion, they were all decent changes aside from Blade Flurry's 2 mana increase. Could of just made it 3 mana instead and not ping face and it's still reasonable then.

Deleted
    Lore: Azure Drake makes this card irrelevant now. Shame.

Keeper: The flex potential is still there, but with the minimal nerf to Owl, it makes this card sub-par.

Force of Nature: Conflicted. The nerf was necessary, but it makes it a worse Ball of Spiders. Druid got royally fethed, all because of ONE combo (Hi Rogues).

BGH: I'm fine with this.

Hunters: Odd choice. Hunters Mark wasn't that strong and wasn't seeing much play in Ranked, from my experience.

Blade Flurry: Rogues getting more nerfs. For no reason. Rogue has lost it's only form of board clear (Fan of Knives doesn't count). I know Miracle was bad, but stop torturing them, it's been nearly 2 years now.

Knife: Meh change. Will still be played, the effect is still bollocks.

Leper: 3 damage for 1 mana, with no downside. Needed to nerf the DR to 1 damage as well, imo.

Golem: Why would I play this when Ogre has less of a downside?

Molten Giant: Like it. 5 health is still manageable for Handlock and Echo-Mage (and Warriors with Blood Warriors).

Disguise: I'm fine with this.

Druids and Rogues get slaughtered. Face Hunter still viable. FML.

druid basically needs early wild growth or innervates otherwise it's lost the game from the start because it doesn't have good class cards anymore.

The nerf to Blade Flurry really sucks because Rogue was looking awesome come Whispers. Now...not so sure.

I think they want Druid to be more ramp-y instead of burst-y with combo. Ramp Druid will be really good now, especially with aggro getting neutered.

The changes to Juggler, Gnome, and Arcane Golem destroy Face Hunter. Remember they're already going to be without Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, Glaivezooka, and Quick Shot. Other aggro decks are going to be much better.

Deleted
    The changes to Juggler, Gnome, and Arcane Golem destroy Face Hunter. Remember they're already going to be without Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, Glaivezooka, and Quick Shot. Other aggro decks are going to be much better.
    The nerf to Owl and Hunter's Mark also hurt Face Hunter. I think only Face Shaman will be a thing amongst the face decks.

Also I completely forgot Spellbreaker was a card. Don't see why anyone wouldn't want to pay an extra mana for +2/+2 stats.

So, I would imagine saying Owl is dead is reasonable at this point.

Deleted
    I am also happy with the Arcane Golem nerf. It was a card I absolutely hated playing against and I secretly hoped it never existed but didn't expect it to be nerfed since nobody was talking about it.

Other cards I would have liked to see changed:

Water Elemental-Reduce it to 3/5. It'd still be very good, but at 3/6 its just a bit too powerful(really more of an Arena issue, doesn't see that much play in Constructed).

Freezing Trap-Have it only proc on attacking minions OR face, but not both. Every other Hunter secret procs off one of the two(except for the ones that proc off other stuff like Snipe), but Freezing is just obnoxious to play against as the only way to play around it is to not attack at all.

Innervate-Replenishes 2 mana, not grant 2 mana. So you could still play a 3 drop, Innervate, then play a 2 drop, but you wouldn't be able to Innervate out a 5 drop on turn 3. Druids ability to cheat the curve and get monster early game plays with Innervate can be gamebreaking.

Doomhammer-Increase the mana cost(and/or the overload) or make it only usable on minions(if the latter, maybe get rid of the overload). Weapons are supposed to be used primarily for trading but Doomhammer is just too powerful when Face Shaman uses it to just whack face constantly.

Doomhammer-Increase the mana cost(and/or the overload) or make it only usable on minions(if the latter, maybe get rid of the overload). Weapons are supposed to be used primarily for trading but Doomhammer is just too powerful when Face Shaman uses it to just whack face constantly.
    Doomhammer is a shit card for trading, because it only has 2 attack but Windfury as compensation.

Anything that you couldn't kill with one swing would lead to serious damage on your side and since Doomhammer has merely 2 attack, you couldn't even kill a lot of 2 drops without taking a decent amount of damage.

It's a general issue with the Windfury mechanic, you really dont want to trade with windfury but just push the damage really high with rockbiter / flametongue (assuming a minion here) and go face.

Deleted
    I am surprised they didn't change big game hunter battle cry completely.

So happy for the Master of Disguise nerf not because I hate it or anything. Probably gonna give me the most free dust of all the nerf cards http://i.imgur.com/2nxd8ez.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    I am surprised they didn't change big game hunter battle cry completely.
    I was really thinking it would just become a flat 4 damage ping on minions with 7 or more attack honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally they have been revealed! I have to agree with all those, thats a good nerf to aggro and face hunter. Only one i disagree with is blade flurry and maybe keeper was a bit harsh too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

I like that they are nerfing cards that tend to be in zoo decks and nerf cards that help big minions come out..

RIP Bladeflurry over kill though. Rogue is the class I play the least and blade flurry was one of the shining moments for me. At least keep the mana cost 2.

Only nerf I'm actually upset about is Molten, as my golden portrait Warlock will attest to I love that card a ton. I don't like the Blade Flurry nerf but since I don't play Rogue all that much it's not a big deal. BGH I'm surprised at tbh.

I think some people will still use Owl over Spellbreaker if the Beast thing matters for their deck.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Blade Flurry nerf is stupid. Double the mana cost? Ok. Make it deal no do face damage? Ok. Do both of those? Stupid. That card is going to be completely useless now. 4 mana for a board clear that destroys your weapon and is completely reliant on having a weapon equipped? Really?

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if the mana cost increase on Blade Flurry is ok, but the face damage is good to be gone - with decent buff dealing first face attack and then another with flurry was quite strong.

Innervate-Replenishes 2 mana, not grant 2 mana. So you could still play a 3 drop, Innervate, then play a 2 drop, but you wouldn't be able to Innervate out a 5 drop on turn 3. Druids ability to cheat the curve and get monster early game plays with Innervate can be gamebreaking.
    i'd would agree if druid didn't just get fucking destroyed, why beat someone lying on the floor bleeding out at this point?