Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Do note that they did, in fact, cause significant damage. $6m in damage, according to the US Fish and Wildlife director. Lets not forget the trench of human feces that was dug right through an area with sensitive cultural artifacts.
    Also note that the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge consists of 24 structures, not just one "small outbuilding".
    Plus they brought guns as a deterrent

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    They didn't burn down the building or loot it.
    True that they didn't burn it down, but they most certainly did break holes in walls, steal money/cameras/computers (AKA looting), and dig trenches and build roads through sensitive areas. Go ahead and look up the pictures of what they did.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Trump is already rich.

Try again.
    lol yeah, because we all know that the one thing rich people go out of their way to avoid is making more money.

Try again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do note that they did, in fact, cause significant damage. $6m in damage, according to the US Fish and Wildlife director. Lets not forget the trench of human feces that was dug right through an area with sensitive cultural artifacts.
    Also note that the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge consists of 24 structures, not just one "small outbuilding".
    Don't you know anything that comes out of the federal government, including the US Fish & Wildlife, FBI, DHS, DOJ, etc. is fabricated to ensure they stay relevant? Take your blinders off buddy, if anything, the Bundy bois increased the real estate value of that desolate wasteland of federal property.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need to worry about the 1%. Their money will take care of them.

I haven't seen mention of the trench of human waste but I'll assume you're right. As to the rest, while it may have 24 structures essentially only one was "occupied." Again, I'm not endorsing the group's actions but this is the best example of violent right wing activism anyone could come up with. The Ferguson riots cost more than $6million and that's not counting the private property damage involved. The we can add in the costs from the Occupy protesters: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-millions?lite LA $5M, NY $17M, Oakland $3.7M and this is just 3 cities. How about the Baltimore riots and BLM protests?

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I'm not buying it. Which party is more likely to support to health care reform and has done so for years? How about raising the minimum wage or increasing tax rates? Yeah, those aren't GOP talking points.

It's interesting that the article talks about the plight of the white working class and not just the working class. Arguably a level playing field hurts the white working class. As there is more diversity in the population there is more competition. That said a level playing field and social mobility works against the upper class and the status quo. The article got it wrong big time.
    Because this article is trying to decipher who is there for each group and they are the group being ignored right now. Republicans are pro-business, which is someways anti-worker. Democrats are pro-minority and poor, which encompasses the poor and working class minorities. And the rich are represented by both parties. The only group not being paid attention to is the white working class, this is the crowd Trump is getting. Trump isn't going for just the "white" working class though, he's really targetting the entire working class, but it's harder for him to get the minority working class when they're being targeted on social issues by democrats.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen mention of the trench of human waste but I'll assume you're right. As to the rest, while it may have 24 structures essentially only one was "occupied." Again, I'm not endorsing the group's actions but this is the best example of violent right wing activism anyone could come up with. The Ferguson riots cost more than $6million and that's not counting the private property damage involved. The we can add in the costs from the Occupy protesters: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-millions?lite LA $5M, NY $17M, Oakland $3.7M and this is just 3 cities. How about the Baltimore riots and BLM protests?
    BLM and the aforementioned riots weren't borne from 'leftist' movements, but by perceived police brutality and killings.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Well obviously an oligarchy serves the interests of the richest and most powerful people in the country. It's Americans own fault for being so easily misled and placated by buzzwords, partisan politics and blind patriotism.

Still you can choose your favourite corporate sponsor. Vote oil and destroy the environment or vote banks and destroy the economy.
    What you are seemingly ignoring is that the majority of our current voting population have been indoctrinated into the establishment media propaganda machine. We are the first generation of actually informed voters, but the majority is still held by those uninformed masses yearning to be dominated. The saddest part to me is that they don't even realize that they are being manipulated to actively fight against their own best interest.

So I wouldn't really say "It's Americans own fault for being so easily misled and placated by buzzwords, partisan politics and blind patriotism", they don't understand what is wrong, they have never experienced anything else. It is like saying that it's someone who was born into a cult is at fault for believing what the cult teaches. It's easy for us to see, and point out, because we have spent our lives experiencing an ever expanding view of the world that we are a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    BLM and the aforementioned riots weren't borne from 'leftist' movements, but by perceived police brutality and killings.
    You're half right. They started due to perceived police brutality and killings. It was the left wing race baiters that kept stirring the pot until it boiled over though. Then they have kept it going using the BLM tag to organize it in order to profit from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're half right. They started due to perceived police brutality and killings. It was the left wing race baiters that kept stirring the pot until it boiled over though. Then they have kept it going using the BLM tag to organize it in order to profit from it.
    BLM isn't a leftist movement. Conservatives, libertarians, republicans, non-affiliated groups support one aspect of BLM or another. Identifying it as 'leftist' makes the term meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    BLM isn't a leftist movement. Conservatives, libertarians, republicans, non-affiliated groups support one aspect of BLM or another. Identifying it as 'leftist' makes the term meaningless.
    Wait a minute... I thought conservatives and Republicans were racists? How can they support BLM?

As a movement there almost certainly people from all of those groups supporting it. But, as far as the public protests that cause so much disturbance and violence there is no evidence of these types of groups participating in these events.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Give me something worth giving an intellectual response to. Don't ask other people to look up your claims. Bring the cites of the claims yourself.
    I'm at work with a fair amount to do so I'll try throughout the shift but as a legal guy I shouldn't have to tell you about COINTELPRO, or do I? That's where their infiltration of groups started, though that was more targeted at left wing groups due to their prominence at the time. Once that got exposed the decision was made to engage in case by case actions rather than have them under an umbrella task force, again simple history.

After Oklahoma City the FBI stepped up and started moving into right wing groups especially militia groups. It was actually reported on by the major news stations at the time, they weren't shy about it.

I made the error of assuming this was common knowledge, but then again I'm older than you. I'll see what I can find though since you can't be bothered to Google on your own, need all that time to cut and paste I'm sure.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I'm at work with a fair amount to do so I'll try throughout the shift but as a legal guy I shouldn't have to tell you about COINTELPRO, or do I? That's where their infiltration of groups started, though that was more targeted at left wing groups due to their prominence at the time. Once that got exposed the decision was made to engage in case by case actions rather than have them under an umbrella task force, again simple history.

After Oklahoma City the FBI stepped up and started moving into right wing groups especially militia groups. It was actually reported on by the major news stations at the time, they weren't shy about it.

I made the error of assuming this was common knowledge, but then again I'm older than you. I'll see what I can find though since you can't be bothered to Google on your own, need all that time to cut and paste I'm sure.
    And you wondered why I didnt give you an intellectual response. There is nothing intellectual for me to respond to,

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy, sure is a huge pissing match in here to try to avoid admitting that there are crimes and protests committed on both sides of the political spectrum.

You know why?

Because causes spawn movements which results in crime, protests and the like. Sometimes these run along certain political divides like the anti-abortion movement or the occupy movement. Some, however, don't. Many of the anti-war protests cut through party divides. Some of the general civil liberty stuff like the anti-government spying also cuts through movements.

Trying to force very single bloody thing into a left vs right debate is not only just stupid, but also harmful for any attempts at dialogue.

Yes all the statistics pointing to police racial bias are just made up, there is no racial bias to be drawn it is all a left wing plot to stir the pot with facts. I don't agree with the movement but pretending that there are no racial issues in this country is one of the many reasons minorities don't vote republicans.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Boy, sure is a huge pissing match in here to try to avoid admitting that there are crimes and protests committed on both sides of the political spectrum.

You know why?

Because causes spawn movements which results in crime, protests and the like. Sometimes these run along certain political divides like the anti-abortion movement or the occupy movement. Some, however, don't. Many of the anti-war protests cut through party divides. Some of the general civil liberty stuff like the anti-government spying also cuts through movements.

Trying to force very single bloody thing into a left vs right debate is not only just stupid, but also harmful for any attempts at dialogue.
    Working as intended.

As long as there is a boogeyman (the other side) to distract the constituents, you can do just about anything under their noses.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Sure, the inherent failure of trickle down was the assumption that the wealthy would be 'noble spenders' whose patronage would rain on all but it's proven to be a different sort of rain and nothing of the sort of 'noble' as was envisioned.
    Having known that businesses (with few exceptions) are beholden to their shareholders and not their stakeholders since shitty Reagonomics came bubbling up from the pits of hell, I knew trickle down was a sham from the start. Its entire concept relies upon businesses being noble and giving of all their profits to employees and their interests.

No, the only people who benefited from trickle down were the shareholders. And I'm not talking about the day traders or the people who own less than 200k in shares (there are so many people on here who think that they're rich because they own a few large grand in stocks, BIG FUCKING LOL, you got fucking screwed too), I'm talking about the cats that own millions+ and have offshore accounts and assets in other countries.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If that is true the 99% shouldn't even vote.
    Yeah they shouldn't vote, they should rise up. the 1% need to relearn why they should fear the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Exactly, leftists are content to be outraged and protests about petty social issues. They always do it in their own backyard and it's a good way to keep them busy about made up demographic issues like the war on women and cops conspiring to kill black people.
    Ya conservatives never wage a social war over things, BBH, EPA, the anti JSW warriors, war on christmas and christian persecution (a personal lol fav)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Trump is already rich.

Try again.
    the thing with the rich, they are never rich enough. And his policies (the few he actual released) don't really help the middle class.