Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Order hall should have been Moonglade

Since Vanilla I have always loved visiting Moonglade on my Druid.
    As a matter of fact that is where I retired my Druid one and a half years ago when I left WoW.
    Reading through some legion notes I saw that they have a different place for their order hall now. It would have been much more special if they made it Moonglade.

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Since Vanilla I have always loved visiting Moonglade on my Druid.
    As a matter of fact that is where I retired my Druid one and a half years ago when I left WoW.
    Reading through some legion notes I saw that they have a different place for their order hall now. It would have been much more special if they made it Moonglade.
    What's more Druid-like than the Emerald Dream? Moonglade is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Note, that the Dreamgrove is not in the Emerald Dream. We do have the Dreamway, which is.

I think that the Deramgrove is the perfect place for it. Val'sharah is the place where Cenarius taught Malfurion to become the first Druid.

I don't think that revamping Moonglade would have worked quite as well. I love Moonglade, lots of good memories there from the early days. And I wouldn't want to see the whole place scrapped and replaced with new art.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    I don't think that revamping Moonglade would have worked quite as well. I love Moonglade, lots of good memories there from the early days. And I wouldn't want to see the whole place scrapped and replaced with new art.
    Definitely this. Making it a "new" area gives them far more artistic freedom than if they had to make it still recognizable as Moonglade. And we get a direct connection between northern Kalimdor and Broken Isles to boot. Not to mention we now have two Druid specific zones.

Deleted
    Yes and no. Moonglade is a traditional night elf and more recently tauren place for druids, yes.
    However:
    -druids would like to be close to the actual battle. And Val'sharath is near the battle with the Legion. Moonglade is a continent away.
    -Moonglade was the former night elf capital before Teldrassil. And while tauren might be somewhat welcomed, and worgen might be somewhat welcomed... night elves never really liked trolls. Now, this can be bypassed, but it would take some from the zone if they did something regarding that though

I really like Moonglade, but overall, it doesn't seem to fit properly considering these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen the Dreamgrove? It's absolutely beautiful. It's like what Moonglade could have been if it was made today instead of eleven years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Note, that the Dreamgrove is not in the Emerald Dream. We do have the Dreamway, which is.

I think that the Deramgrove is the perfect place for it. Val'sharah is the place where Cenarius taught Malfurion to become the first Druid.

I agree and well said!

Moonglade is a zone that is used for many things.
    It could never have been the Order Hall.
    Now, they could have built some new structure in there, but it doesn't make any more sense then it would to just be where it is, especially where its tied to the Emerald Dream so heavily.

If anything, I'd say the Druid order hall is one of my favorites currently. I just love the theme and art.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Indeed, the Order Hall they build for us is beautiful and fits perfectly into the Lore. Couldn't ask for more.

And if that had been the case, people would've been bitching about how "they're taking the easy route with the Order Halls!!" even more.
    I think the Druid Order Hall is magnificent, and it's not even 100% finished yet...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How can people keep a straight face when making "Blizzard should listen to the playerbase" threads and comments?
    It makes much more sense once you realise "playerbase" is just a fancy way of saying "me".

We already have Moonglade as our town and teleport spell to it, I don't see what's wrong with giving us something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And if that had been the case, people would've been bitching about how "they're taking the easy route with the Order Halls!!" even more.
    Should see how much DKs are complaining about getting a completely unchanged Acherus as their class hall. Druids would be doing the same if we got Moonglade again.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How can people keep a straight face when making "Blizzard should listen to the playerbase" threads and comments?
    Ignoring the fact that we are not addressing Blizzard but a player opinion with our own opinions.

It's quite obvious that the Order Hall location will not change, regardless of the quality of the "feedback", intended or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Put a portal into the Emerald Dream into Moonglade, make an Emerald Dream version of Moonglade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Moonglade is a zone that is used for many things.
    Now, they could have built some new structure in there, but it doesn't make any more sense then it would to just be where it is, especially where its tied to the Emerald Dream so heavily.

If anything, I'd say the Druid order hall is one of my favorites currently. I just love the theme and art.
    Light's Hope Chapel is a place that is used for many things.
    Now, they could have built some new structure in there, but it doesn't make any more sense then it would to just be where it is, especially where its tied to the Argent Dawn so heavily.

If anything, I'd say the Paladin order hall is one of my favorites currently. I just love the theme and art.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall of Chyna View Post
    Put a portal into the Emerald Dream into Moonglade, make an Emerald Dream version of Moonglade.
    They did. That's how we get to Dreamgrove in the first place. Emerald Dream Moonglade would just be the same thing in green. Literally.

Also, they didn't make Light's Hope the Order Hall. They made a new, alluded to but never shown, area below it the Order Hall. Moonglade doesn't have any such areas, and it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for a Druid Order Hall to be entirely subterranean anyway. Not to mention we get a place in the home and birthplace of Azerothian Druidism, which is about as Druid as it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonglade is a nice zone. But it always have been accessible to non druids. So now we have a nice class zone and a whole zone that belongs to us so that's still good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Moonglade doesn't have any such areas
    Make one? Gee, always these bad excuses.

That's a new definition for excuse:

"Instead of modifying an already existing area, we decided to create a new one from scratch".

- Pfff, excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Wall of Chyna View Post
    Make one? Gee, always these bad excuses.
    Bit late for that now. They can't really create an area they've referenced before anymore, because before is over now.