Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If you mean when she gets out of the water after her first surf, that's typical Hollywood. She then starts talking to family about issues n after gets into the sea again, movie takes off becomes survival horror n what's she's wearing becomes the least interesting part.

This is not an actionfilm but suspense.
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2016-07-13 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ja...18-1202001256/

Jason Statham’s Shark Thriller ‘Meg’ Swims Back Five Months.

Dave McNary Film Reporter

Warner Bros. has moved back Jason Statham’s prehistoric giant shark thriller “Meg” to Aug. 10, 2018.

It was previously dated for March 2, 2018, and would have opened against an untitled Fox/Marvel film. The movie will be released in 3D and Imax. “National Treasure” helmer Jon Turteltaub is directing the film with Chinese actress Li Bingbing co-starring with Jessica McNamee, Ruby Rose, and Rainn Wilson. Shooting began in New Zealand last fall.

The film will be co-financed by Flagship Entertainment; Gravity Pictures, a division of China Media Capital (CMC); and Warner Bros. Gravity Pictures will distribute the film in China, with Warner Bros. handling the film throughout the rest of the world.

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Belle Avery, and Colin Wilson are producing. Executive producers are Wei Wayne Jiang, Barrie M. Osborne, Randy Greenberg, and Gerald R. Molen.

The story is based on Steve Alten’s novel “MEG: A Novel of Deep Terror,” published in 1997 with the title derived from the ancient Megalodon species that has survived while being trapped in the Mariana Trench due to a barrier of cold water.

The “Meg” movie is centered on an international underwater observation program, led by Chinese scientists, that is under attack by an unknown danger with its deep-sea submersible disabled and trapped at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Statham will portray a former Naval captain and expert deep-sea diver, who’s recruited for a likely suicide mission — even though he faced the predator years before and was forced him to abort his mission and abandon half his crew.
    75 foot? That is much larger than largest prediction...what does it eat? Godzilla?

Meg Movie 2018 Update - Story Summary And Release Date Revealed! (Megalodon)

UnrealEntGaming
    Jun 15, 2017

Is Meg (Megalodon) going to be a shark movie thats going to live up to its title? The story details and release date have now been revealed as Jason Statham looks to battle for survival against this massive 75 foot beast!

http://moviepilot.com/p/meg-poster-s...an-art/4295746
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-06-18 at 11:46 PM.

I really can not wait for this.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I really can not wait for this.
    Jurassic World 2 comes out then also where we'll have a scene where a submarine gets attacked by some creature? Mosasaurus? Hopefully not a shark..cuz I don't want Meg movie to tank...they could do something unexpected in JW2 n add a basilosaurus which imho was probably the baddest predator that has ever lived..it got the size n weaponry but it also got intelligence n sonar attacks which imo puts it above the food chain of other predators. It's only fair, since largest animal that has ever lived is the Blue Whale, so why shouldn't a whale be #1 predator also? Could make some interesting scenes with whale safari tourists who expect a docile friendly whale n swim out to it...it's teeth are probably the most terrifying I have ever seen..teeth alone but the mosasaur 2nd inner jaw is just too op..
    Basil's teeth got teeth, i mean, wtf? if this creature was alive today, i would have nightmares..

Anyways, Megalodon shouldn't be in JW2, don't want to block big monsters into only one franchise...
    So, I was thinking the Meg must eat something to survive that long, which it might do irl, so giant huge squids could be in the movie too? dunno, just throwing some ideas around..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-06-18 at 10:00 PM.

Just reinstated my account here to chime in on this thread. I've read all of the MEG novels and highly recommend them if you are a fan of the genre. I've been waiting for this film since I read the first novel when it dropped in 97'. I actually bought a signed first edition Hardcover :/ Anyway, I'm hoping this didn't take too long to come out due to all of the cheesy scifi channel films etc..There are some parts in the novel that will be incredible to see on the big screen.

Deleted
    Scenes like when it eats a dino? That's cool, but meg lived until recently way after dinos...but then again most don't know that n basically everyone think the mosasaur in JW is a dino...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    75 foot? That is much larger than largest prediction...what does it eat? Godzilla?
    "The film will be co-financed by Flagship Entertainment; Gravity Pictures, a division of China Media Capital (CMC)"
    "Location changed to the coast of China"
    "led by Chinese scientists"
    HAHAHAHA! Fuck you movie, fuck you. You're doing that ONLY so you're allowed to get on the Chinese cinemas and I fucking know it. We'll see all kinds of Chinese involvement in it and Chinese product placement, you can bet your ass on it. Seriously, I called it here now wait and see. I'll come back and point out that I called it. This pandering to the Chinese market sickens me. Stories are changed, everything gets changed, just to pander to China so they can be allowed in.
    Moviemakers clearly care less and less about morals and ethics when they work their ass off to suck up to a Communist regime that has murdered millions.

They've even got their CCP approved producer on it as well. Absolutely abhorent.

Okay I'm done being angry at the CCP for now.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-11-11 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Well Japan was in the spotlight in the 80's, not so hot now. China makes more sense cuz of their rise n increased interest in China. Japan...is so 20th century..

Besides a movie like this could need all the help it can get, haven't seen a trailer so can't hope for success without Chinese market yet.

I doubt anyone in the chinese movie industry killed anyone. One should be glad for its revival, so much was destroyed because of the cultural revolution..

On 2nd thought, Chinese censorship better not turn this movie bloodless...but that might have happened anyway even without them? Jurassic dino movies are so tame to draw in kids n families..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-11-11 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    They recently posted a first look picture with the shark n jason statham, but it looks blurry n photo-shopped, maybe just to garner interest n shark won't look like some regular great white shark?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DhcTc3g_58
    The book has the shark looking white translucent like some demonic ghoulish beast from hell...I want that..(hmmm...) Odd that all the art for the books instead show regular great white..

photoshop on the photoshop

Word from the author

January 2018 Newsletter
    To My Readers:

What will 2018 bring? For me, the first priority is always good health... something I wish for you and yours. Of course, it's always nice to be entertained. A MEG comic debuts in February with Issue One, followed by a MEG movie trailer in March. April/May brings MEG: GENERATIONS, book 6 (and last???) of the series...

...followed by the MEG MOVIE in August.

With love and appreciation,

Steve Alten
    Picture of the cast
    https://i0.wp.com/bloody-disgusting....e-meg-cast.jpg

Some 'Ruby Rose' joined the film, never heard of her

lol some random comment
    Tired VanessaDreadful • 3 days ago
    I've given up hope of this being decent. Now I just want to see Jason Statham punch a shark.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-01-16 at 08:26 PM.

But its a PG-13 :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    But its a PG-13 :\
    Oh...that is bad news I suppose they want to cash in on the crowd that goes to see the jurassic park movies which includes lots of kids..

Sounds like you could just use a submarine to kill it.

Some 'Ruby Rose' joined the film, never heard of her
    She was in John Wick 2, as the main bodyguard/lead henchman of the villain. I think she was in the last Resident Evil movie too. Dunno what else she's been in.

But come on, PG-13?

- - - Updated - - -

Scenes like when it eats a dino? That's cool, but meg lived until recently way after dinos....
    Meg doesn't actually eat a dino in the books. There's a sequence conveying it attacking a dinosaur, but then it turns out to be a professor/teacher/shark enthusiast or whatever just telling a story, explaining that "while prehistoric, actually Meg didn't live when the dinosaurs did, but if it had it was so big that it would have been capable of taking an adult dinosaur as prey, and probably would have done so like this".

Deleted
    Should have starred Brock Lesnar

Deleted
    Not movie news, but important news nonetheless from the author..don't know how I feel about this..

February 2018 Newsletter
    MEG: GENERATIONS - MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

To My Readers:

The hardback edition of the 6th MEG book will NOT be sold in stores OR on Amazon, it will only be available for those MEGheads who PRE-ORDER the book from February 1st at 12 am EST thru March 15, 2018 at www.SteveAlten.com. The first 100 orders will receive a bonus! ONLY THOSE WHO PRE-ORDER BETWEEN FEB. 1st and MARCH 15 WILL RECEIVE THE FIRST EDITION HARD BACK. This is the only chance you'll have to purchase it.

Books will be printed in late April, then packaged and sent directly to you sometime in May, along with a few special gifts from me as a thank you for 20 years of support.

Yes, there will be an e-book available everywhere for $9.99 sometime in May.

But no books in stores or Amazon?
    No. I want this one to be something very special for my MEGheads... a very real, very valuable collector's edition, something you can sell on e-bay after May for $100 or more and get it, because after March 15, there will be no where to purchase it except from a MEGhead who bought it Feb. 1st thru March 15th.

Let me be clear - I LOVE bookstores, I support bookstores, and eventually, down the road a year there might be a paperback of MEG: GENERATIONS sold in stores and on Amazon. This, however, is a one and done, special arrangement with A&M Publishers solely because I have a special bond and fondness for YOU - my loyal readers.

Cover
    http://www.stevealten.com/images/GEN...ER-ART-555.jpg

What a strange take for an artist to encourage the resale of his product a month after you bought it on ebay.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

This, however, is a one and done, special arrangement with A&M Publishers solely because I have a special bond and fondness for YOU - my loyal readers.
    Nice to be loved and all, but I'll wait for the paperback a year or so down the road.

I just want the trailer to drop.

This just made me remember that last good movie with sharks was released in 1999, are you kidding me. No love for sharks. :/

edit: maybe open water / the reef, but it's not really about sharks, just floating in water
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Idk we got Deep Blue Sea 2 coming out soon.