Thread: Velhari who?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    We were just talking about doing this same thing after getting to the boss tonight. It works so well in CM, I imagine it can't be that difficult to replicate here right?
    And you guys just did it with your normal group, or did you have to stack a ton of enhances with soul cap to get what you needed.

Either way, to the people who are saying nonsense like "the kill will be negated," get a clue.
    They are killing the boss using the ring and a trinket. This is basically how all the top CM times do their runs too.
    Its a wearable piece of gear in the video game.
    No one is getting "negated." Whatever the hell that means.
    Warcraftlogs has a history of taking kills off rankings when they use "questionable" tactics like equipping old tier sets for buffs. Wrecking the boss with a 98.22m spirit eruption will be disallowed.

Oh and as I speak https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AN1RH4xdTQhVGaYy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    We were just talking about doing this same thing after getting to the boss tonight. It works so well in CM, I imagine it can't be that difficult to replicate here right?
    And you guys just did it with your normal group, or did you have to stack a ton of enhances with soul cap to get what you needed.

Either way, to the people who are saying nonsense like "the kill will be negated," get a clue.
    They are killing the boss using the ring and a trinket. This is basically how all the top CM times do their runs too.
    Its a wearable piece of gear in the video game.
    No one is getting "negated." Whatever the hell that means.
    The ring by itself has little to do with why this strategy is shady. Use a bit of critical thinking here. Or do I need to explain further?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Warcraftlogs has a history of taking kills off rankings when they use "questionable" tactics like equipping old tier sets for buffs. Wrecking the boss with a 98.22m spirit eruption will be disallowed.

Oh and as I speak https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AN1RH4xdTQhVGaYy
    then blizzard better get ingame start deleting all realm CM records, because those are done by triple enhancement shamans and 2 tanks pulling every mob they can find, aoe hard, and 1 shot bosses, and those are ingame and clear realm best times, look on youtube for skyreach 4:17 4th boss dies at the start of the run to ring explosion from aoe, 3rd boss literally goes, hello BOOM ring explodes 1 shotting it, and these times are still standing ingame.

so warcraft logs can say invalid, until loot is removed from drive for that kill it stands, i see no exploit here, ring use = working as intended 44% of all your damage done in 15 seconds will explode at the end, soul capacitor for 10 seconds all your damage will be absorbed and explode at the end of those 10 seconds.

are the items themselves broken as fuck overpowered and exploitable? yes, are the items working as blizzard intended and designed them to? yes, so it's a fine kill for me, just stupid blizzard not balancing their game too busy on legion to give a fuck about Wod Mc Shithole.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2016-04-21 at 04:34 AM.

But will anyone, even Blizz, care this far into the tier when there are already legit 18 second kills on other mythic bosses?

I mean, hearthstoning doomlord spawns on Mannoroth id say is a much larger "clever use of game mechanics" than this because this is so hard to pull off and have the comp for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Why would it be negated? They're just killing the boss with the tools they've been given. There's no exploit here, the "broken" items they're using are also the metagame and how raiding and dungeons work atm. It's how all top CMs play out, it's how butcher is solo'd, heck even proving grounds. It's a boss kill using massive mythic raid gear many months into the tier for lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    then blizzard better get ingame start deleting all realm CM records, because those are done by triple enhancement shamans and 2 tanks pulling every mob they can find, aoe hard, and 1 shot bosses, and those are ingame and clear realm best times, look on youtube for skyreach 4:17 4th boss dies at the start of the run to ring explosion from aoe, 3rd boss literally goes, hello BOOM ring explodes 1 shotting it, and these times are still standing ingame.

so warcraft logs can say invalid, until loot is removed from drive for that kill it stands.
    Blizz really don't care much. Warcraftlogs pretty much represents the community for hfc speedkills. If they say its invalid then its not recognised. Like it or not, thats how I and many others will see it and I really don't see my view changing. Lets agree to disagree?

then blizzard better get ingame start deleting all realm CM records
    Warcraftlogs and Blizzard are separate. Just because Blizzard doesn't invalidate those times doesn't mean Warcraftlogs can't.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    Why would it be negated? They're just killing the boss with the tools they've been given. There's no exploit here, the "broken" items they're using are also the metagame and how raiding and dungeons work atm. It's how all top CMs play out, it's how butcher is solo'd, heck even proving grounds. It's a boss kill using massive mythic raid gear many months into the tier for lols.
    It's an exploit of the game mechanics. That really can't be debated. The group utilized a flaw in the game's design to achieve an outcome in a way that the designers did not intend, which is an exploit. People like justifying stuff like this by calling it "clever use of game mechanics" but realistically there is no difference between clever use and exploiting.

Will Blizz do anything about it? The standing CM times and numerous other HFC speed kills suggest they don't care enough to do anything.

Absolutely invalidated. We left a pack outside one time and some barrage or starfall in P3 grabbed the pack to inside the boss' room and that log got invalidated without even being ranked since we did so much more damage with the P3 buff on stuff not supposed to be in the encounter

Those add pads pre pull arent supposed to be in the encounter either

Imagine if we ddos'ed you to ruin your rank nights, like how you ddos'ed us in progression? Still beat you though, lol
    Last edited by Amantino; 2016-04-21 at 06:27 AM.

Deleted
    oh they nerfed doom nova....for elemental shaman their mastery proccing it was OP, but arcane mages are perfectly balanced, #BlizzardDumberThanYouThink.
    Have you ever played a mage in a fight that lasts for more than a minute? It's not as easy as you think especially if the movement is a lot. The spec would be useless if the burn isn't good.

The top logs of fights that last for 10 sec are irrelevant in progression.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Have you ever played a mage in a fight that lasts for more than a minute? It's not as easy as you think especially if the movement is a lot. The spec would be useless if the burn isn't good.

The top logs of fights that last for 10 sec are irrelevant in progression.
    "The spec would be useless". You just described ele shaman. Even with arcane being mediocre, mages would have the #1 single target spec in fire and another top five in frost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    "The spec would be useless". You just described ele shaman. Even with arcane being mediocre, mages would have the #1 single target spec in fire and another top five in frost.
    Mages can't heal and they have 3 specs for dps, not 2. It was said the hybrid tax is not there but in order to protect the pure classes it must always be there. If hybrid classes could directly compete with the pure classes usually, there would be no point to have pure classes and nobody would play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    It's an exploit of the game mechanics. That really can't be debated. The group utilized a flaw in the game's design to achieve an outcome in a way that the designers did not intend, which is an exploit. People like justifying stuff like this by calling it "clever use of game mechanics" but realistically there is no difference between clever use and exploiting.

Will Blizz do anything about it? The standing CM times and numerous other HFC speed kills suggest they don't care enough to do anything.
    No flaw in the game is being abused, though. I still think it should be invalidated, but not because it is an exploit.

What would the "flaw" be anyway? Everything done in this kill is utilizing the mechanics of the game that are intended, they were just employed in an unintended fashion. There's no "bug" in charging up rings and soulcaps and exploding them on a boss. That's how those items work.

so warcraft logs can say invalid, until loot is removed from drive for that kill it stands, i see no exploit here, ring use = working as intended 44% of all your damage done in 15 seconds will explode at the end, soul capacitor for 10 seconds all your damage will be absorbed and explode at the end of those 10 seconds.

are the items themselves broken as fuck overpowered and exploitable? yes, are the items working as blizzard intended and designed them to? yes, so it's a fine kill for me, just stupid blizzard not balancing their game too busy on legion to give a fuck about Wod Mc Shithole.
    Assuming that's soul cap's since legendary effect doesn't work in CM's.

Not to mention CM's are a completely different animal. General rule is that anything inside the instance is fair game, and using a trinket is well played.

In raids though, abusing non-boss-fight trash to make fights easier is generally frowned upon, and has always been. Regardless of whether loot gets taken, even. I imagine at this point noone cares either way, but if it were done on progress they'd likely have loot removed & the buffs wiped (if they managed to get that many rings on WF progress somehow)
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-04-21 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Also you described another spec that only or mainly works in very short fights or fights of guilds on 740-750 gear that have everything down to the letter. Fire is really crap on low gear. It also doesn't like unpredictable strategies or waiting on the ring at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    There's no "bug" in charging up rings and soulcaps and exploding them on a boss. That's how those items work.
    What he said

exactly this. whoever think thats an exploit is dumb or paranoid. and btw: since blizz became that lazy, so they didnt even the slightest class balancing in wod (hello surv hunters, hello assa rogues) i guarantee you they give a fukin shit about, even if it were an exploit (what it isnt). why ? because they give a shit about wod (or maybe the whole game).

it is legit, it's an official 18 second kill.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    If it was from a cold start yes I would clap and accept it, it was not, it was dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    The dps ring will go down as the most absurdly overpowered item in the game. Giving everyone with it a ~50% damage increase stacked on top of cooldowns, pots, and lust is just stupid.
    It's much more than that. At 795, it's 44% damage increase + a 44% explosion. So if you did 100 damage during those 15 seconds, the damage increase would bring you to 144 damage and the explosion would be 44% of that (63.36 damage), which makes the total 207.36 damage, or a 107.36% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    so they didnt even the slightest class balancing in wod (hello surv hunters, hello assa rogues)
    Survival was the go to spec in HM and competent in BRF, before being nerfed to hell in HFC. It's not as if that happened because of the impeding major redesign of the spec. Oh wait, that's why it happened.