Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    For players of the market, gathering professions are largely worthless as a skill because they can usually buy the mats and have higher profit by investing the saved time on other gold making operations. But, there is an exception. During the first ~4 days of an expansion the mats prices are usually obscenely high so they may want to try to make some gold making that way.

Speaking from personal experience (I actually attempted it during MoP's launch), it's not worth it unless your gold making is the absolute #1 priority in your WoW endeavors. For me it's fun and useful but I wouldn't put it above levelling and advancing a character. For that reason alone it might be best to keep levelling/advancing a character for the first few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    And those are the reasons why skinners move around a lot less. Talking from an actual farming perspective here. A skinner goes to a spot with a lot of beasts (or with a fast respawn) and tends to stay there. You'll get very little value out of your gathering professions that way. Any time you spend killing, looting and skinning is time where you're not moving around to look for more ore/herbs.
    Ah,I understand you now,and that makes perfect sense.