Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    what gathering profession gains the most gold? thinking on going two gathering professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Hello,

In times gone past, I've often had my main take a crafting profession and a gathering profession to suit.

I am tempted however, going forward to Legion, to have my main acquire both mining and herbalism. Given that I spend 90% of my gaming time on my main, this would allow me to bank roll whatever I would need to fund my crafting acts.

A question, what downsides would their be to this? I'm supposing I wouldn't be privy to any rare bound recipe that might drop, but my funds from gathering should be enough to pay whoever does chase those drops to craft such items for me.

Anything else I would miss? Are there others that choose this profession path?

Thanks for any input!
    Assuming your main has a DPS spec you plan on keeping geared, it isn't a horrible idea.

If you main a healer/tank, something like a hunter with LFR gear will likely be both faster, and more agile.

You may, however, be better off going enchanting or jewelcrafting+mining, if only because you can DE your old gear for some cash back. (assuming the garrison no longer lets you DE stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Jewelcrafting, do you think we'll ever see Prospecting come back?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Some nice input here.

While I admit there could be some BoP recipes/rep recipes in Legion, I'm more than happy to pay some one or beg a guildie to make such items.

If you're inferring that such recipes are only to be made and used by the crafter, then that put us in a pre-WoD situation, where taking a crafting profession would be a gain for your stat. In which case, yes it would be beneficial to take a crafting profession.

Until such time as these are confirmed though, it does seem advantageous for those of us that eschew playing alts for any significant time, to pursue a gathering career.

By the way, simply by having gathering professions does not infer that my time on my main is solely to grind mats. Just by questing and exploring leads you to discover many material nodes, and I'm a sucker for spying a yellow blip on my map and bee lining straight to it!
    @jackofwind, I do believe prospecting is making a return. Can't remember where I saw that info though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm not 100% certain but I think I saw a mention of people doing it on the alpha forums on the main WoW page.

Deleted
    If you enjoy gathering, go for it. Gathering in Legion is the single possibility to acquire resources. The cheesy workarounds from WoD are gone (so far).

On top, unlike in the past, you don't have to rely on randomly finding herbs and nodes. There will be World Quests tied to your gathering profession that will take only a few minutes and reward you a substential amount of Ores/Herbs.

Noone can promise you how the economy will work out. It might be that gathering professions will be more profitable than crafting professions. But it could be the other way around when people pick up gathering professions on their toons to make those "dailies".

Source:

- - - Updated - - -

yes:

(these resources come from exploiting a bug. But 200-600 ores a day from only World Quests is not unreasonable)
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2016-04-21 at 09:18 PM.

I have a JC in Alpha. Prospecting is back.