Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Gamers can complain to other gamers in a gaming community about games without being seen as pathetic. Please get off your high horses lol. We're here bcuz we're passionate about games and want to discuss them. If we weren't, we wouldn't be on the forums.
    This isn't said forum though

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    This isn't said forum though
    Lol your point was that people QQ too much over games. I assume they QQ on a platform. I assume the platform is said forum. I don't understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    WoW means a lot more to a people than just being a game. Don't be an ass and go "lol its just a game". Its called getting passionate and I don't see anyone complain about any other media having people do the same thing.
    It is just a game. If people aren't happy they can STFU and play another game. There's one thing giving feedback, there's another bitching constantly with people who enjoy it. I question somebodies mental state if they're playing and paying a game they don't like yet need to constantly tell people

Deleted
    I don't care anymore tbh, I think too many people QQ far too much over video games to the point gamers are getting a reputation as whiny bitches
    I wish internet anonymity were removed so that people would only say what they would say in person. Anonymity or even the illusion of it causes people to just act wierdly.

Deleted
    Lol your point was that people QQ too much over games. I assume they QQ on a platform. I assume the platform is said forum. I don't understand.
    People do QQ too much...to the point it isn't a discussion it's just somebody foaming for attention

Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post
    I wish internet anonymity were removed so that people would only say what they would say in person. Anonymity or even the illusion of it causes people to just act wierdly.
    Acting weird means not agreeing with you, right?

Unfortunately it happens on other games, just read Steam forums it's embarrassing
    x999999! There is a HUGE level of entitlement / " I have been playing for X years so my 2 cent opinion matters more than yours"
    This is why I do not claim to be a gamer...I do not associate nor do I wish to be lumped in with that group.

I vote with my wallet, see the issues...see if they effect me and my enjoyment of the game....and I do not have a youtube channel/ Twitter following I need to entertain/appease for clicks/$$$.

Deleted
    Would be lovely

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamers can complain to other gamers in a gaming community about games without being seen as pathetic. Please get off your high horses lol. We're here bcuz we're passionate about games and want to discuss them. If we weren't passionate or didn't care to discuss and have differing views, we wouldn't be on the forums.
    Until those passionate players send death threats to devs over changes they don't like

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    x999999! There is a HUGE level of entitlement / " I have been playing for X years so my 2 cent opinion matters more than yours"
    This is why I do not claim to be a gamer...I do not associate nor do I wish to be lumped in with that group.

I vote with my wallet, see the issues...see if they effect me and my enjoyment of the game....and I do not have a youtube channel/ Twitter following I need to entertain/appease for clicks/$$$.
    Ho boy. This thread is now at critical mass. "Anybody who has an opinion on a product they paid for is entitlement".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Until those passionate players send death threats to devs over changes they don't like
    That's totally a rational legit reaction bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Ho boy. This thread is now at critical mass. "Anybody who has an opinion on a product they paid for is entitlement".
    It depends on context... Nothing wrong with opinions it is important how said opinion is expressed though

Deleted
    They made a mistake by introducing Random group finder as it was and tune content to literally being able to solo dungeons with 1 button at max level with certain classes.

If there was ever a time to turn back to a proper game it was at the start of Cataclysm...but they caved after 2 weeks and this is the result.

It's too late.

I didn't really care for flying in WoD, but it's not going to effect me because it's in the game.
    The main gripe I have with wow is the lack of meaningful content and the content draught.
    Everyone is complaining about those 2 things and nothing is really being done to change it. Blizzard has changed over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is entitlement though. You have every right to express your opinion, and Devs may or may not take it into consideration. Your money doesn't entitle you to a game catered around your ideals. I go to a steakhouse and I order a steak, they don't cook it properly. I ask for it to be sent back, they refuse or they don't get it right again. Okay, well look who's not getting my money again until they get their shit together. Vote with your wallet

That's totally a rational legit reaction bro

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on context... Nothing wrong with opinions it is important how said opinion is expressed
    I don't share your opinion. I think each opinion should stand on it's individual merits, and not on whether or not you agree with how it was communicated.

But here's the reality; The reason consumer opinion even factors in to development now is because major game studios have abused the fuck out of the whole idea of "Early access". They aren't even risking their own money to develop products anymore. They deserve shittily expressed opinions because the entire big gaming industry, save for a few isolated examples has turned into the incredible shit factory, cranking out endless shit, funded by pre-orders instead of having to raise capital the old fashion way and risk their own money on projects. That money gets whittled away into offshore tax shelters and instead we get anemic 3 hour long games that are really just interactive sales pitches for hundreds of dollars worth of DLC.

And people are eating it all up.

EDIT: 10, 20 years ago, an electronic entertainment company had to develop a game, with capital it raised on it's own, and test the product thoroughly before releasing it, and if it turned out to be a shit biscuit it was the companies loss, not the consumers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    They made a mistake by introducing Random group finder as it was and tune content to literally being able to solo dungeons with 1 button at max level with certain classes.

If there was ever a time to turn back to a proper game it was at the start of Cataclysm...but they caved after 2 weeks and this is the result.

It's too late.
    The delusions LFR ruined WoW

Interesting how FFXIV had LFR and managed to actually gain subscriptions

Deleted
    Okay back to the premise of the OP.

Most players DGAF about flying. <-- So sayeth OP

Okay.

So then that means you have a vocal minority who wanted flying removed. (which is utter bullshit, it was just a bunch of fanboys screaming in agreement with everything Blizzard does to please Senpai).

And a vocal minority that wanted to keep it.

What decision would not be pandering to a vocal minority? Because you claim that most players didn't care. So making any decision at all would be pandering to a vocal minority?

Oh, looks like you done got caught in some bee-es.
    No because no-one in the first place was calling for flying to be removed. The debate was sparked when Blizzard decided that in their view the game would be better without flying. They then pandered to both minorities by keeping it out of the game for a while then adding it back with Pathfinder. I don't see why Blizzard don't just say "fuck it we're doing this, you can fuck off if you don't like it".
    And don't try and argue with anyone if you're going to make sweeping generalizations such as
    (which is utter bullshit, it was just a bunch of fanboys screaming in agreement with everything Blizzard does to please Senpai).
    You're not adding anything to any argument by calling everyone who has a different opinion to you mindless fanboys, all it does is take away from the legitimacy of your argument as it implicates that you have no ability to argue and in the absence of ability to validly criticize another opinion you go for personal attacks, such as the quote listed above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    WoW means a lot more to a people than just being a game. Don't be an ass and go "lol its just a game". Its called getting passionate and I don't see anyone complain about any other media having people do the same thing.
    I don't think that other medias have such violent and passionate reactions as the gaming industries. For example the "no flying in wod" thread has 44000 replies and the Nostalrius thread has 22,000 already.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as pirate vanilla and tbc servers are easily accessible BLZ can do whatever they want with their anime audience live.
    Except going after pirate servers of cos
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I don't think that other medias have such violent and passionate reactions as the gaming industries. For example the "no flying in wod" thread has 44000 replies and the Nostalrius thread has 22,000 already.
    Violent? are you kidding me? Do you even know what violence is?

Deleted
    I think Blizzard should probably just ignore Twitter and forums and do what they want like they did before 2006