Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    Nice title OP. You have the grace and tact of a drunk wielding a sledgehammer
    thank you :3c

I really liked some of his music, and didn't care for some of his other stuff. To my personal taste or not, there was no denying the musical genius the man possessed. The music world lost a rare talent today.

15+ Year Old Account
    A terrible loss indeed.

Deleted
    Godspeed, you purple bastard.

Deleted
    Hugely important musician that while I may not have gotten into I can still appreciate his importance on all the things I do listen to.

Music being the most important thing in my life other than family I can safely say that this year has sucked so fucking bad in terms of legends dying it's fucking disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tended to like his songs where he wailed on the guitar. Purple Rain is the best one of them. That guitar solo at the end. Angels cried.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I tended to like his songs where he wailed on the guitar. Purple Rain is the best one of them. That guitar solo at the end. Angels cried.
    There's way more songs in his catalog where he actually wails. Purple Rain isn't much of a wail in comparison to countless other examples.

I wonder how many people even know why he went as "the artist formerly known as Prince".

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I wonder how many people even know why he went as "the artist formerly known as Prince".
    Because of a contract dispute with his music label, iirc.