Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    You should probably feel a little dense. "Gay things" is pretty self explanatory.
    The US is internationally famous for being a tolerant society, I doubt most people in the UK would think that two men holding hands or kissing in public over there could potentially see them being refused service/mistreated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is, unless you think area's laws in a democratic society are mutually exclusive from people's moral codes and values.

- - - Updated - - -

You should probably feel a little dense. "Gay things" is pretty self explanatory.
    Don't feel dense at all. While i get what you mean, gay things is a stupid thing to say. What are they gonna do? Shoot people? Aproach'em and yell "we don't like your kind here!" and have them lynched publically?

So be it, cause in the end, it's your country that's gonna get the short end of the stick....well, or not, if it chooses to address the hypothetical situation.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Looks like it.... You should call them ummm... Straight in the opposite direction!
    And here I thought this was a laid back forum. I better put on my obnoxious pretentious European wig on and get all sciency n shit.

Homoerotic

On the flip side, saying fancy words does make me feel smarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Don't feel dense at all. While i get what you mean, gay things is a stupid thing to say. What are they gonna do? Shoot people? Aproach'em and yell "we don't like your kind here!" and have them lynched publically?

So be it, cause in the end, it's your country that's gonna get the short end of the stick....well, or not, if it chooses to address the hypothetical situation.

If you wanna die making a principled stand, that's on you.

I'd very much prefer to enjoy a trip to another country without having to worry about it.

Or just not go at all.

Deleted

Just gonna leave this here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, but you thinking there are "gay things" that people do is hilarious. Homosexuals do all the same things you do. They go to movies, they play games and they love their significant other. Seriously, what "gay things" are you talking about bigot?

Gay is pretty much a short term for homosexual or homosexual acts.

You're stretching pretty far here man, and Rio's gymnastics competition isn't for a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd very much prefer to enjoy a trip to another country without having to worry about it.
    Again, this is what the advice is there for, so that people realise which parts of the country they are visiting are likely to be less tolerant, or discriminate against them, in order that they know holding hands/kissing/doing gay things is a bad idea there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

My sister had a vw bug with decal flower stickers all over. Got the same reaction. Rural Bama and Miss don't seem to like hippy or free love stuff in general

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The US is internationally famous for being a tolerant society, I doubt most people in the UK would think that two men holding hands or kissing in public over there could potentially see them being refused service/mistreated.
    We're also pretty famous for being prudish in the sexuality department.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're also pretty famous for being prudish in the sexuality department.
    Not really, most people in the UK do not know much about the US beyond what they see on TV programmes/films and America comes across as very tolerant generally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Gay marriage is legal in all 50 states. Is that true of the common wealth? Free speech is protected in the states. There are hate speech laws in the common wealth. I'll stick with America, thank you.
    They give advice about Commonwealth countries as well. They have not set up the Foreign Office just to give travel advice about North Carolina and Mississippi, it has been giving advice for a while now.

Then some call people from 3rd world countries savages. The irony is stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, most people in the UK do not know much about the US beyond what they see on TV programmes/films and America comes across as very tolerant generally.

- - - Updated - - -

They give advice about Commonwealth countries as well. They have not set up the Foreign Office just to give travel advice about North Carolina and Mississippi, it has been giving advice for a while now.

You kick out the prudish of prudish people in the sexuality department, ship them here, and that doesn't instill at least some kind of image for us being prude?

I refuse to believe that.

I'm pretty sure the next time Europe needs military help from the US, they won't refuse soldiers that come from North Carolina or Mississippi....

Send your sons and daughters to die for us....but we (Europe) are still better than you!

10+ Year Old Account

I suppose there would be no point in calling the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I'm pretty sure the next time Europe needs military help from the US, they won't refuse soldiers that come from North Carolina or Mississippi....

Send your sons and daughters to die for us....but we (Europe) are still better than you!
    What better way to get rid of the intolerance problem, than to send the conservatives into the fights
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    You kick out the prudish of prudish people in the sexuality department, ship them here, and that doesn't instill at least some kind of image for us being prude?

I refuse to believe that.
    Most people in the UK do not know who left to go to the US, or why. You have to realise that the US was one of a number of our colonies, your foundation was a big deal to you, not to us.

US TV programmes/films often have a lot of sex in them, as well as normalising of homosexuality, so thinking that the US is fine with sex/homosexuals would be understandable if that is where you get most of your information about the US from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl. You're hilarious and still refusing to elaborate because you know you don't have shit you can say here. Homosexual acts tend to take place in private when people are on vacation. Two guys holding hands or kissing isn't a big deal either. And you said gay things weren't in the plan, as if straight things aren't in the plan... whatever those are. Again, you're obfuscating here and not stating what you mean to say bigot. Get over the fact that there are people different than you in the world and accept them as people and not some anomaly to be discussed at arm's length.
    It's pretty self explanatory, actually. It's kind of strange though. Everyone else seems to have caught on except you.

I don't think two guys holding hands is a big deal. Others might. That's kind of the point. I overlooked that a gay couple that habitually does gay things in the UK would suddenly have to check that if they venture in a North Carolina restaurant. That actually kind of sucks for them.

But continue to project I guess. Whatever works.

Gay is pretty much a short term for homosexual or homosexual acts.

You're stretching pretty far here man, and Rio's gymnastics competition isn't for a couple of months.
    Accusing others of stretching what was said while you yourself argue against something that wasn't said. He never asked what gay meant. He asked you what "gay things" are. Because literally the only thing that you can call a "gay thing" is homosexual sexual acts. But your ignorance thinks that "gay things" is a descriptor of what you believe to be for homosexual people. There's nothing a gay person does that a straight person doesn't, apart from their attraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people in the UK do not know who left to go to the US, or why. You have to realise that the US was one of a number of our colonies, your foundation was a big deal to you, not to us.

US TV programmes/films often have a lot of sex in them, as well as normalising of homosexuality, so thinking that the US is fine with sex/homosexuals would be understandable if that is where you get most of your information about the US from.

We have lots of sex, sure.

I wouldn't say that we normalize homosexuality in our media.

We have at best what, the Stewie Griffin effimate guy that has hints drop left and right that he's gay for humor sake?

And maybe that one guy that's gay, but the character is so fucked up in the head that it portrays gays in a bad light?

Exactly my point but the silly bigot is missing it entirely. I'm guessing it's on purpose because he's realizing anything he could say would confirm how bigoted his bigot self is.
    Of course it's on purpose. It's Bigzo. It's what he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding hands for two men would fall under gay things from the impression you've given. Seriously, elaborate on what gay things you're talking about and stop obfuscating you silly bigot.
    Two adults holding hands implies a bond of love. I don't think its a stretch to say two adults holding hands are a couple in most cases.

If they're the same sex, the implication can be made.

Are you seeing "gay things" as i'm implying only sexual acts? Things that imply that you're a couple would fall into it too.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 100% accurate in this case as he's dodging the question and acting like I'm being stupid. I'm being serious. What gay things is he talking about? Because he already said at least one "gay thing" wasn't what he's talking about. Is he saying having gay sex in public or something? The fact that you think using an accurate descriptor makes it lose meaning makes me wonder about you as well...
    Because you are being stupid. You're reaching retartded levels

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-22 at 02:31 AM.