Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It's a bit sad that every cool sounding title for a Warrior is already a PvP title.
    Might as well borrow a title from our gear. The Mighty? Dreadnaught? Siegebreaker?
    Overlord is still my favorite.

Warbreaker
    Blademaster
    Demolisher
    Elite
    Berserker
    Wrathful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Demolisher
    only if we get a matching mount!

How did they manage to miss Valarjar?

Not been on Alpha in a while, but 99% sure Odyn calls us Valajar or Valarjar or whatever every fucking time I speak to him, yet we go for the title Skylord and then Battlelord first?

the actual fuck

edit: i mean for fucks sake, the description of Valarjar on the wiki literally reads "THESE ARE THE CHOSEN WARRIORS OF ODYN"

Far as I know, Odyn is running the show up in the warrior class hall, we are the chosen warriors of odyn, he tasks us with retrieving weapons.

SO WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THE TITLE VALARJAR???

gah fuck
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-04-25 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    A lot of people want us to get a reference to Odyn as our title, but just look at the other titles:

Paladin: Highlord
    Hunter: Huntmaster
    Rogue: Master Assassin
    Priest: High Priest / High Priestess
    Death Knight: Deathlord
    Shaman: Farseer
    Mage: Archmage
    Warlock: Netherlord
    Monk: Grand Master
    Druid: Arch Druid
    Demon Hunter: Master

All of them are appropriate to their class, regardless of their Class Quests or Order Hall.
    Warriors happen to be the class most wrapped up in Odyn's misfortune but the class isn't about serving Titan Watchers and neither should the title be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks get Grand Master? That's so bull. Should've been the Warlock title.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post
    A lot of people want us to get a reference to Odyn as our title, but just look at the other titles:

Paladin: Highlord
    Hunter: Huntmaster
    Rogue: Master Assassin
    Priest: High Priest / High Priestess
    Death Knight: Deathlord
    Shaman: Farseer
    Mage: Archmage
    Warlock: Netherlord
    Monk: Grand Master
    Druid: Arch Druid
    Demon Hunter: Master

All of them are appropriate to their class, regardless of their Class Quests or Order Hall.
    Warriors happen to be the class most wrapped up in Odyn's misfortune but the class isn't about serving Titan Watchers and neither should the title be.
    actually a valarjar military/honorary rank makes perfect context in that context, seeing how thats what all those are.

its highlord of the silver hand, farseer of the earthen ring, etc.

similarly we are skylord/warbringer/battlelord of the valarjar, but the rankname could just as easily be something related to odyn.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-25 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    actually a valarjar military/honorary rank makes perfect context in that context, seeing how thats what all those are.

similarly we are skylord/warbringer/battlelord of the valarjar, but the rankname could just as easily be something related to odyn.
    I think the big difference is that those titles work outside of the context of the faction. ie: Farseer exists separate from the Earthen Ring, as does Highlord, Arch-Druid, and so on.

Valarjar isn't exactly a special title when it's given to literally every member of Odyn's ascended army.

Yeah, the full title is implied to be Battletoad of the Valarjar, but the class titles are disconnected from the Order Hall.

Both Farseer and the Earthen Ring are exclusive to Shamans, but Farseers aren't exclusive to the Earthen Ring. You could just as easily apply it to "Farseer of the Horde".

Highlord isn't exclusive to Paladins or The Silver Hand, seeing how Twilight's Hammer use it, and there's Highlord Kruul and Highlord Omokk, but it's probably still the most circumstantial of the titles.

Looking at the current iteration of the titles compared to the last one, it's obvious that Blizzard want titles that relate to the class rather than the circumstance, hence they changed mages title from Conjurer of Tirisgarde to Archmage, as well as Skylord to Warbringer/Battlelord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I think the big difference is that those titles work outside of the context of the faction. ie: Farseer exists separate from the Earthen Ring, as does Highlord, Arch-Druid, and so on.

Valarjar isn't exactly a special title when it's given to literally every member of Odyn's ascended army.
    It varies. Things like archmage/high priest are very generic, but things like death/netherlord are a lot more specific. And they did go for skylord initially, which was a quite specific valarjar rank. Which i like to think was changed because people didn't like it, not because of thematic reasons.

Maybe i should go read some norse mythology see if thers something more warrior soundy in there somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the full title is implied to be Battletoad of the Valarjar, but the class titles are disconnected from the Order Hall.

Both Farseer and the Earthen Ring are exclusive to Shamans, but Farseers aren't exclusive to the Earthen Ring. You could just as easily apply it to "Farseer of the Horde".

Highlord isn't exclusive to Paladins or The Silver Hand, seeing how Twilight's Hammer use it, and there's Highlord Kruul and Highlord Omokk, but it's probably still the most circumstantial of the titles.

Looking at the current iteration of the titles compared to the last one, it's obvious that Blizzard want titles that relate to the class rather than the circumstance, hence they changed mages title from Conjurer of Tirisgarde to Archmage, as well as Skylord to Warbringer/Battlelord.
    Yeah i do get where they are coming from, but battelord just feels contrived, all the more common titles are already taken so it feels they just slapped parts of existing titles together until something sounded decent enough.

It varies. Things like archmage/high priest are very generic, but things like death/netherlord are a lot more specific. And they did go for skylord initially, which was a quite specific valarjar rank. Which i like to think was changed because people didn't like it, not because of thematic reasons.

Maybe i should go read some norse mythology see if thers something more warrior soundy in there somewhere.
    To be honest I thought Skylord was a pretty fun title even if it didn't relate to Warriors at all, but back then I imagined we would get a more creative Class Hall, with a lot more meteor-flying or ride of the valkyrie and more of a flying fortress and less of a Vrykul paradise resort. The more content is revealed, the more I find the way Blizz' handles the norse themes so off-putting to the point where I just want to avoid it, which is gonna be hard in Legion, especially as a Warrior.

Yeah i do get where they are coming from, but battelord just feels contrived, all the more common titles are already taken so it feels they just slapped parts of existing titles together until something sounded decent enough.
    I agree, but even if they want to keep it generic there are much better candidates, like Overlord or Warmaster.

Overlord to me feels too much like a horde rank, I do think warmaster is alright

7+ Year Old Account
    This title was good... if you got it world first in season 9...

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I hear Battlelord I think Battletoads.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

Deleted
    All the Warrior-sounding titles are taken and mostly earned via PvP, however you can bet your bladestorm "Breaker of things" will be a title for a Gronn (spelling?) or one of those typical dumbass Orc bosses...

"Ash, Breaker of things"

I don't use titles, like ever, but I would probably use that...

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post

Not been on Alpha in a while, but 99% sure Odyn calls us Valajar or Valarjar or whatever every fucking time I speak to him, yet we go for the title Skylord and then Battlelord first?

the actual fuck

edit: i mean for fucks sake, the description of Valarjar on the wiki literally reads "THESE ARE THE CHOSEN WARRIORS OF ODYN"

Far as I know, Odyn is running the show up in the warrior class hall, we are the chosen warriors of odyn, he tasks us with retrieving weapons.

SO WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THE TITLE VALARJAR???

gah fuck
    Arent the Valarjar essentially spirits shoved into golem bodies?

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I thought Skylord was a pretty fun title even if it didn't relate to Warriors at all, but back then I imagined we would get a more creative Class Hall, with a lot more meteor-flying or ride of the valkyrie and more of a flying fortress and less of a Vrykul paradise resort. The more content is revealed, the more I find the way Blizz' handles the norse themes so off-putting to the point where I just want to avoid it, which is gonna be hard in Legion, especially as a Warrior.

I agree, but even if they want to keep it generic there are much better candidates, like Overlord or Warmaster.
    Our class hall isnt related to warriors at all, so I suppose the title not being related would be fitting.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg