Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Well because you may get a flat tire in a bad area. I got a flat tire once in the most dangerous area of Oakland, I changed it and punched the throttle. It was extremely hairy.
    Well, I don't normally go through bad areas, cause, well, I don't live there, and other than drugs and blackmarket shit(neither of which I buy), there's not much reason TO go there. But in any case, in the bad areas around here, you're better off staying IN your car and calling someone, rather than getting out and squatting down with your back to the surroundings and your attention on the tire. That's like a the perfect trifecta if someone wants to jump you and take your shit, your back is to them, your attention is elsewhere, and you're in a position that it is hard to defend from.

My tool selection:

Several dozen machetes of various styles, designs, regions, and makers. I have the classic Latin pattern, SE Asian parangs and goloks, Filipino bolos, Nepalese khukuris, Thai e-tohs and e-neps, African pangas, and many others
    Several brush hooks/billhooks.
    A couple of hand sickles, including a Japanese style rice sickle.
    A few hand axes and hatchets(some of which include a pick or a hammer head opposite the axe blade).
    A SE Asian hand axe/cleaver
    An African grass whip
    A full size shovel
    A Russian style entrenching tool(basically, a very short shovel with sharpened edges, it can be used like a shovel or like an axe, and it's balanced for throwing as well)
    Several claw hammers of varying sizes(I've actually used one of these to hammer in a few nails)
    A welding/chipping hammer, a bricklayer/mason's hammer, and a demolition hammer
    A geologist's rock pick and Gad bar.
    A couple of crowbars, plus one Japanese style prybar/nail puller
    A couple of Swiss Army Knives with a mix of small tools(by far the tools I've used the most are on these)
    A wide variety of screwdrivers(I've used these occasionally)
    A linoleum knife and a pair of duct/insulation knives.
    Several box cutters.
    An ice pick.
    A Gerber Shard keychain tool that has a nail puller, bottle opener, and screwdriver
    Several flashlights(including one on my keychain so I have it with me at all times)

In other words, I can't repair a whole hell of a lot, but if you need something cut through, chopped down, broken down, busted up, busted open, demolished, chipped, pried, or dug up, I got you covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: money.

I have lots of tools, I wish I had more tools.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.