Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The last time a high profile celebrity died was on August 11th, 2014. What's with all this doom and gloom spouting.

Nobody on this forum carried a conversation about Prince or David Bowie since the 90's. Can we not do the whole "they were such a great person :cccc" bullocks when somebody dies?
    While I agree to your second statement, your first one completely invalidates the second. I've spent more time in my life listening to Bowie or Prince (probably I've even listened longer to a single song from them) than watching movies with Williams. Just because someone was more special to you does not mean this is true for everyone, especially when you consider that people might be at a different a age.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It doesn't count if you just died a little inside.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure all the comedy shows would be talking about desert and how just it was.
    Hahaha. And what happened when Michael Jackson the "King of Pop" died?

"HE WAS AMAZING" "...changed the face of music" "would be sorely missed" "genre defining"

What was the media covering 6 months prior? His constant trials and tribulations, struggles with drugs, his pedophilia...

Nothing sells a good tabloid like someone dying, though!

We have too many celebrities. You can't have thousands of celebrities and not expect at least some of them to die each year. It's probably one of the social groups with the lowest death rate.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2016-04-22 at 02:18 PM.

Hahaha. And what happened when Michael Jackson the "King of Pop" died?

"HE WAS AMAZING" "...changed the face of music" "would be sorely missed" "genre defining"

What was the media covering 6 months prior? His constant trials and tribulations, struggles with drugs, his pedophilia...

Nothing sells a good tabloid like someone dying, though!
    And what were the comedy shows doing? Still stuff on his pedo shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    And what were the comedy shows doing? Still stuff on his pedo shit.
    Good for them for sticking to their opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Media has to talk/write about something to to stay in the spotlight, otherwise people would forget about them. So they write shit like that or "should we...something"

7+ Year Old Account
    Typical bullshit media. Bill Cosby could die tomorrow and the media would be spouting off how he was such a great man and wonderful comedian etc. etc. shut the fuck up with the fake sympathy. I see enough of it on Facebook.
    Our world could use less "fake" and more "Real".

In reality, like you said, nobody cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, I'm already sick of hearing about Prince in the news.

It's almost like when Michael Jackson died and we didn't return to regular TV programming or news reporting for like a week. Bet it happens again.
    Putin khuliyo

Although I love David Bowies and Prince's music and always liked Alan Rickman, I can't pretend that their deaths have affected me all that much. I still have their music, and still have the movies I love with Rickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    God, I'm already sick of hearing about Prince in the news.

It's almost like when Michael Jackson died and we didn't return to regular TV programming or news reporting for like a week. Bet it happens again.
    All until the next celebrity scandal erupts and the regular TV programming goes back to vilifying the celebs and driving them to the brink of suicide/drug addiction etc. etc.

..And then they die! My god, media is a self-sustaining franchise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I agree with the post you quoted though.

Nobodies live is significantly impacted by the death of some celebrity they never have met. They will shrug it off and forget about it a week later.
    But, you and the poster you agree with are showing the same effort to complain about celebrity death. A post on a forum doesn't mean it's going to carry some sort of impact beyond it, like posts complaint about it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Celebrities die every year. It's just usually ones you don't care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    You have reached the age where the celebrities that where big in your childhood grow old and start to die off.
    If you read the article, that's not necessarily the case. It's a tipping point for the boomer gen.

Many of those now dying belonged to the so-called baby-boom generation, born between 1946 and 1964, that saw a huge growth in population. In the US for example, the census bureau said that 76m people in 2014 belonged to the baby boomer generation - some 23% of the population.
    [...]
    Now, those famous former babies, aged between 70 and 52, are dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I agree with the post you quoted though.

Nobodies live is significantly impacted by the death of some celebrity they never have met. They will shrug it off and forget about it a week later.
    Mine was permanently impacted, actually. I'm named after a celebrity who died fairly recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Mine was permanently impacted, actually. I'm named after a celebrity who died fairly recently.
    Was it Balls Mahoney?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What surprises me is Orlong didn't mention the death of Merl Haggard:
    Yeah, he is pretty famous too. I just dont like knee slapping hillbilly music

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I love how the article talks about significant celebrity deaths and then mentions people that nobody heard of like Victoria Wood and Alan Rickman
    that fits the IQ and level of education you've on display here on the forums lol

Foot in mouth moments much?

OT: well, an argument could be made (at least for actors and musicians), that people got smarter regarding substance abuse and the like..
    In the past the impact wasn't so immense since they've tended to die of even earlier age. But there's nothing unusual for people starting to die in larger amount when they belong to age groups of 55+. That's just the (sad) reality.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-04-22 at 03:08 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    that fits the IQ and level of education you've on display here on the forums lol

Foot in mouth moments much?
    Maybe I should clarify that nobody outside the UK heard of Alan Rickman or Victoria Wood. They just werent good enough to be in big Hollywood Blockbusters. My guess is they are UK Reality TV stars or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I should clarify that nobody outside the UK heard of Alan Rickman or Victoria Wood. They just werent good enough to be in big Hollywood Blockbusters. My guess is they are UK Reality TV stars or something
    It is an article on the BBC, the British Broadcasting Corporation, they do not need to be famous outside of the UK to be famous in the UK.

Reptilian Race had the expiration date that would expire, starting 2016. Expect more deceased in the days, months, years to come.

Jest, but people die. You just happened to notice these because you were fond of them. People die all the time. Oh there goes a couple.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are just doubling down on your nonsense man...

Alan Rickman not in big Blockbusters?
    1. Die Hard
    2. Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves
    3. Harry Potter movie series
    4. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Need more?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Rickman#Filmography

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is an article on the BBC, the British Broadcasting Corporation, they do not need to be famous outside of the UK to be famous in the UK.
    While Wood isn't too much known outside the UK, Rickman is an international movie star.. Orlong just being his usual self lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You are just doubling down on your nonsense man...

Alan Rickman not in big Blockbusters?
    1. Die Hard
    2. Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves
    3. Harry Potter movie series
    4. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Need more?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Rickman#Filmography

- - - Updated - - -

While Wood isn't too much known outside the UK, Rickman is an international movie star.. Orlong just being his usual self lol
    Ive seen several of those movies but dont recognize the name. Was he an extra in the background maybe?