Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Here is a gameplay video:

It doesnt look anything special. Wow on flying mounts. (similar fight like when you need to jump from a dragon to dragon to reach the quest npc)
    some of those sound effects come straight out of world of warcraft and that says enough to me

Nexon, noooo ty!
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2016-04-23 at 09:01 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Not sure about the combat, but could maybe get used to it over time. I liked combat in BnS better.

But collecting mounts alone might keep me coming back (unless unlocking slots becomes cash shop only).
    That's my fear as well, because it's central to the gameplay so it would feel crappy. Like I can already imagine that there will be limited slots for total number in your stable or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    some of those sound effects come straight out of world of warcraft and that says enough to me
    Same BS repeated every time a game launches, like most of the other people. I have absolutely zero stake in this game and even I can just step back and be like, idk...try it out. This whole culture of prejudging/prebashing something you don't have a single moment of experience with is asinine.
    BAD WOLF

Great looking but action-combat and singular class design are instant turn-offs for me. I love the concept art though. Looks fabulous.

i wish someone would do this type of game right, but there is now way nexon will do it, it looks as ugly as dragons profit does, i think ill wait for scalebane or whatever that game was called before i can get my dragon fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Great looking but action-combat and singular class design are instant turn-offs for me. I love the concept art though. Looks fabulous.
    It's not action combat, more like a floaty tab target game. But yes, singular class design from what I can tell so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    it looks as ugly as dragons profit does
    Now now, don't hop on the embellishment train with everyone else...

*images redacted*
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2016-04-26 at 12:41 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Sure, if you want to find the worst looking Dragon's Prophet pic at the lowest graphical settings to compare a staged shot with aggressive lighting effects : P

A bit more accurate. That's not to say that RoI doesn't look better, because it does, but there are definitely similarities and it's not the lightyears of difference the two images you used are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's not action combat, more like a floaty tab target game. But yes, singular class design from what I can tell so far.
    I watched videos on the game and read up on it- there is attack collision in the gamespace when in combat. That's action-combat.

Do you got any other demonstration of combat and gameplay mechanics that I can look at asserting that the combat is not collision based?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sure, if you want to find the worst looking Dragon's Prophet pic at the lowest graphical settings to compare a staged shot with aggressive lighting effects
    Eh...Look at textures, even in your pic. Grass looks exactly as bad in both. Way worse overall. Just picked one of the first images to pop up in google search, nothing malicious intended. And that wasn't staged, I was already sitting there when I read this thread then took a screen shot. Sure the JJ Abrams is strong with it, but I was already chilling at a quest spot.

But beyond that...I've played Dragon's Prophet. It looked terrible. It was like Lotro quality with none of the charm. And speaking of LotRO, I think comparing DP and RoI is like comparing LotRO and Archeage in terms of fidelity. Similar styles, not remotely similar quality level. Like I said, I have no stake in this...there's no way I will play this game seriously b/c I just can't do that anymore it seems. It is fun though...and has cool ideas. A little too much samey Korean concepts, like armor upgrades and whatnot....but on the whole they effectively used the whole familiar concepts well.

Not only do you catch them for mounts, but you can use items to make any of those mounts a combat pet, or even seal their spirit in a stone to provide gems/enchants essentially. Plus an entire profession to make their barding, so that's cool. No cash shop to test, but from the looks of it the actual stable size will be hampered without paying unless the currency they gave us in beta is earnable in game somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I watched videos on the game and read up on it- there is attack collision in the gamespace when in combat. That's action-combat.

Do you got any other demonstration of combat and gameplay mechanics that I can look at asserting that the combat is not collision based?
    Simply having collision doesn't make action combat. If you added collision in WoW you wouldn't have an action combat game. You don't aim with the mouse, nor dodge attacks on the whole, nor do anything differently than most normal tab target games. It's less 'action' than GW2 or Wildstar. No videos, just leveling for a couple of hours. But I mean, if collision is that much of a hang up then yeah I guess don't even try it? Idk.
    BAD WOLF

Playing it some more...visually it does look a lot like Dragon's Prophet to me. Nicer, likely in part due to it being more recent, but the two seem super similar. The taming of mounts is a much simpler version of what DP had as well.

I'm pretty "whelmed" by the game, it's better than what I was expecting. I'll likely dick around in it as a side game when it officially launches, don't expect to spend too much longer in the beta, but it's not quite lighting my world ablaze.

Enjoying that I got my woodlands joey 2 levels by autorunning into a wall (so no energy depletion, for some reason) while typing this, though : D

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying that I got my woodlands joey 2 levels by autorunning into a wall (so no energy depletion, for some reason) while typing this, though : D
    Yeah I'm not even sure I understand how the familiars level. Seems just running around with both the mounts and pets makes it happen, but idk. I was similarly whelmed, though I still disagree on the DP thing. Then again, I only got to play it when it ran and looked like absolute shit. When I played it felt more like Turbine's DnD MMO mixed with...idk, some weird facebook janky controlled game.

Anywho, oddly enough I see myself being more interested in this than BnS so I'll check it out every here and again. Decently fun, though could be crippling unfun when we see a cash shop.
    BAD WOLF

And Blizzard clowns still are trying to restrict flying. Ridiculous.

Looks interesting, but I'm not too impressed. Especially with Nexon being involved.

Although it reminds reminds me of how I've always wanted to see mounted combat and more interactivity with WoW's flying mounts ever since I've noticed the flaws with the current state of WoW's flying mounts.
    Last edited by Dudemanguy; 2016-04-25 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    Although it reminds reminds me of how I've always wanted to see mounted combat and more interactivity with WoW's flying mounts ever since I've noticed the flaws with the current state of WoW's flying mounts.
    After playing Icarus this weekend and reading up on Tera's flying mounts, I had a similar thought. It looks like Tera's mounts (from K videos) have an energy bar that depletes when you fly. That was one of the most common suggestions to Blizzard to leave flying in all aspects of the game. It really did make me aggravated to play a game that wove mounts into the gameplay in such a spectacular fashion and older games introduce new flying mounts with interesting mechanics.

But yeah, I didn't get enough time with the game this weekend and I think this beta was just really short? I don't remember if I can play again next weekend, which will be the next time I have to try.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah I'm not even sure I understand how the familiars level. Seems just running around with both the mounts and pets makes it happen, but idk.
    At the moment, you can level them just by standing around. Don't know if it's supposed to stay that way, seems a bit too easy.

But yeah, I didn't get enough time with the game this weekend and I think this beta was just really short? I don't remember if I can play again next weekend, which will be the next time I have to try.
    CBT2 ends April 28. But being in CBT2 should get you access to CBT3, whenever that is.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty "whelmed" by the game, it's better than what I was expecting. I'll likely dick around in it as a side game when it officially launches, don't expect to spend too much longer in the beta, but it's not quite lighting my world ablaze.
    Same. I'm pretty sure I will be playing it, it ticked that little "Gotta catch 'em all" box. But it won't be a new main MMO game for me, and it still depends on how much will be cash only.

I also kinda like how they are doing the different dungeons difficulties, but I don't know if the NDA allows me to discuss it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Same. I'm pretty sure I will be playing it, it ticked that little "Gotta catch 'em all" box. But it won't be a new main MMO game for me, and it still depends on how much will be cash only.

I also kinda like how they are doing the different dungeons difficulties, but I don't know if the NDA allows me to discuss it.
    Thanks for the updated info. I feel the same really. I didn't even realize there was an NDA...I probably shouldn't have put a screenshot up there. Oops.
    BAD WOLF

I only found out when I was looking for info on rare mount taming. Had a look at the email, and it's hidden all the way down in the footnote.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Founder's Packs released and pricing isn't that bad. Entry level is $25 and highest is $90 for what amounts to a CE:

http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/arti...ounder-s-packs

It's worth noting that the mounts in these packs will not be available in the store or in the game, so you can only get them by purchasing. Also, the game is soft launching as an Open Beta on July 6 and this gives you a week head start. The game will be F2P when it hits soft launch, so anyone who wants to try it out can on July 6, though you will no longer be able to purchase the founders packs at that point.
    BAD WOLF

Final closed beta starts today, I have a spare key if anyone wants to try it. Key claimed.

No NDA this time.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-06-03 at 02:32 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It looks cool but I've had so many bad experiences with kmmos.