Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    As long as you know the game isn't perfect then that's fine. No game is ever perfect. A fan should be able to see the positives and negatives of any game rather than just be one sided in my opinion. Also moderation is the key to any game like WoW. Don't spend your entire day on it and take a break now and then.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-04-23 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Because most of wow fans completly destroyed their IRL playing this game.

They spent 10 years on it.

They know game is shit, they just dont want to face reality.

Ruining your life on pixels is a thing.

Ruining your life on bad pixels is another one.
    Where the fuck did you get this little gem of statistical info lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I have no idea how anyone can defend WoD and just Blizzard's latest actions towards their fans. There's been people banned left and right, mostly for nonsensical and unjustified reasons, not only does WoW look like It's declining repidly, their subs are dropping, Legion doesn't look any better... they are also banning people for the stupidest reasons. I've seen a gallery on bucketlist for everyone to see how Blizzard mistreats their customers, It's quite accurate and good. I see how people get suspensions and bans for the stupidest of reasons... your battle pets name Is silly, ban. Your character name was offensive to 1 person, change It and also have this suspension for 24 hours...

I remember 8 years ago or so, when we mass-realm reported a guy for having the name Guderian, which we all associated appropriatly with Nazi General Heinz Guderian, and so he was told to change his name, forcefully. Which is good.

But nowadays, a name Is reported, and not only do you forcefully change your chars name, you also get a 24-72 hour suspension and sometimes a last warning, as If a giant crime has been commited, children have been murdered and/or worse

While I hated Guderian for his name and other, not even he would've deserved a 24-72 hour suspension and a last warning, that's obsurd. We're still a community I hope, of good people who wanna keep playing the game and not just shit on eachother. Not without good justified reasons at least

But that won't happen If we all won't stand up and tell "No Blizzard, you can't do that" and you know what? People did already, not to these obsurd bans and suspensions In the last year but also to their game, there's a reason subs dropped since the end of Wrath... there's a reason. And why they introduced more cash shop items, and choices.... cause of that money money flow, milking the game to It's end.

And If people still wanna defend Blizzard after all of this? They're just idiots, clinging to a dying game. And I would know about that, I'm a Roleplayer.
    If you murder a child you dont get your wow account suspended, you go to jail. Your comparison is way off

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Where the fuck did you get this little gem of statistical info lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you murder a child you dont get your wow account suspended, you go to jail. Your comparison is way off
    I wouldn't bother with this guy dude. He kept claiming he was banned because his Brother was playing his account then changed it to "I was hacked". Nearly his entire history is that or thinly veiled posts of it. I mean look at his signature.

Deleted
    Hey OP, cheers for the thread. I'd like to respond to you directly. I want to keep it brief, as well.
    Info about me: started wow in 2005, I am a raider, I don't pvp.

I am not a Blizzard "fanboi" but the whining gets on my nerves, why? following points:

1. I personally hated WotlK. It was by far the most hated and complained-about expansion when it was live. It was absolutely ludicrous how much people complained. The forums were full of it, gaming news magazines wrote articles about it. ALL of this is completely forgotten now. People look at the 12M sub number and assume that this must be the greatest. It wasn't. Servers were too full, lags and crashes were frequent, flaming, loads of kiddies, it was horrible to have such a high player number- certainly on pvp realms.

2. And because of that experience, I don't want to bring sub numbers up at all costs. It brings in people that I don't think are valuable to a community. I think 7M is enough. If we stay at 5-7M for the rest of wow, I am okay with that. Blizzard needs to realm-merge more, however.

3. I agree with the changed design philosophy of subscribe-unsubscribe-subscribe-unsubscribe. I think it's great that one can quit wow for 6 months and come back and catch-up quickly. That doesn't mean I agree with the state of levelling, I think Blizzard needs to consider options such as the GW2 level system, or double xp bonuses for completing a zone, stuff like that.

4. I love raiding, and my guild is still progressing (11/13M). I don't farm garrisons everyday and I could maximize my gametime by farming tomes on 12 alts in LFR but I chose not to because it's a pain in the butt and a broken game design. Thus, I stick to the bits I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    class halls(Garrison 2.0)
    Stopped reading here.

You seem to have no idea what you're talking about, in regards to Legion.

I genuinely wan't to try and understand this.
    Don't. Why would you? Some people like something that you don't. But it seems this bothers you. Why?

The past xpac has universally been panned as their worse,
    Some people would consider it not the case. Nothing everything in the game was a success but that does not imply the other components were bad.

So my question is, with overwhelming evidence that the game is in a brutal decline, why do people still go out of their way to defend Blizzard and the current product?
    The only evidence anyone has are the subs numbers and everyone attaches all kind of states based solely on these numbers. Look at the US public debt. It is growing. One would suggest the US is getting poorer and its credit rating should be lower. But is hasn't. Why is that? Because there are other indicators to define the state and health of the US economic and manufacturing health.

A lot of loyal people to the company(Don't know why you're loyal to a company) Seem to act and speak like absolutely nothings wrong, everythings going as planned and we're somehow wrong?
    It is not loyalty but you seems to think it so. Some people are simply still enjoying what the game has to offer. They may not enjoy everything and they do not have to. If I am bored with the game, which has happened. I stop playing.

I just want to try and understand this mentality because at the moment the current active wow community reminds me of this picture.
    How about explaining your mentality for posting?

Stop trying to make this as something big and important. You no enjoy the game. Drop it and move on rather than trying to find some answers to why some people can enjoy something that you do not.

While wod is their worst expansion to date, it's still the best game out there.

WoD was bad compared to other expansions for several reasons.
    Storyline feeling inconsequential. Draenor isn't all that savage and scary when the second you bring down the dark portal Khadgar opens a portal back to azeroth.

10 man raiding guilds got gutted and many raiders didn't find their way back into the raiding scene.

Raid or die / Garrisons rendered all content but raiding irrelevant.

pvp : rmd > all

Crafting no longer required, but also no longer usefull for anything but getting bis stats on challenge mode gear.

Gathering professions gutted, nomore exploring zones looking for ore, you get it all in your garrisson.

--------------

Even with all of the above, wod, while content lasted was a fun experience, i liked highmaul, brf, and hfc. But after clearing hfc in june, there has been nothing to keep me playing.

Legion is gonna bring more content, which is enough for me. And one can always hope they improve the game. Mythic dungeons seem like a positive feature for us 10 man raiders who didnt get to raid mythic in wod.

And the first month of an expansions is a special feeling, everyone still learning tacs through dungeons, where we haven't all decided to run slagmines for gear.

I remember 8 years ago or so, when we mass-realm reported a guy for having the name Guderian, which we all associated appropriatly with Nazi General Heinz Guderian, and so he was told to change his name, forcefully. Which is good.
    I find this behavior odd and sad and conflicting.

Guderian was a general. I am not sure if he was a Nazi. Guderian is also a regular family name. So denying someone based on your personal interpretation is a bit sad. As you said, a petition was made to have this person change the name. Mob justice.

Washington was a slave owner. Should that name be banned as well? Should the term "master" should be removed as well due to the slave connection?

One mans hero is another mans villain.

Deleted
    Simple, it may be a low Blizzard has offered in WoD but it still beats every other MMORPG that I’ve played. I keep coming back to WoW...I’ve tried ESO, SWTOR, BDO, GW2 and Wildstar and frankly, they all copied off WoW one way or another. Blizzard still makes a good product in general (save Last Cata Patch and WoD). Not saying Blizzard is a perfect company at all, but they are still decent. Look at how EA treats its players...

The competition since 2005 period has increased in the MMORPG section, which can greatly contribute to the loss of player base. No one talks about it but when the big name MMOs like ESO or GW2 are basically free-to-play and offer alot of similar things to WoW...it will hurt WoW. Every single MMORPG out there has issues whether it be gameplay, community, graphics, bad game engine, etc.

Deleted
    I can only speak from my own experiances but the reason i still play wow and not any other MMO is solely due to how well scripted the game is and how good the engine is in this game. Also im very used to the graphic style of WoW and i prefer it a lot more than the realistic graphics in games like BDO etc. The thing about other MMOs is that they basicly have to either reinvent the wheel or offer something close to or better than what Blizzard created with Vanilla in 2005. Most of the competing MMO companies either try and half ass this aspect or do something completely opposite which puts people off and not to mention the engine usually sucks too and that puts people off a lot. The thing is, when you pick up a new MMO you are usually asking yourself the question: Can i realisticly see myself playing this game in the future? Usually the answer is no and the current World of Warcraft atleast offers possibility of going back and it only needs to be half as good as it was in the past to be entertaining. Not to mention the massive amount of cool stuff people have built up with wow over the years and the huge amounts of friends people know in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    Simple, it may be a low Blizzard has offered in WoD but it still beats every other MMORPG that I’ve played. I keep coming back to WoW...I’ve tried ESO, SWTOR, BDO, GW2 and Wildstar and frankly, they all copied off WoW one way or another. Blizzard still makes a good product in general (save Last Cata Patch and WoD). Not saying Blizzard is a perfect company at all, but they are still decent. Look at how EA treats its players...
    This. So much.
    Guild Wars 2 was the first MMO that I was excited enough about to quit Wow for. It worked for, uhh, 5 months. And I returned even though MoP launch had been horrible. It would turn out to become my favourite expansion to date.

I have no idea how anyone can defend WoD and just Blizzard's latest actions towards their fans. There's been people banned left and right, mostly for nonsensical and unjustified reasons, not only does WoW look like It's declining repidly, their subs are dropping, Legion doesn't look any better... they are also banning people for the stupidest reasons. I've seen a gallery on bucketlist for everyone to see how Blizzard mistreats their customers, It's quite accurate and good. I see how people get suspensions and bans for the stupidest of reasons... your battle pets name Is silly, ban. Your character name was offensive to 1 person, change It and also have this suspension for 24 hours...

But nowadays, a name Is reported, and not only do you forcefully change your chars name, you also get a 24-72 hour suspension and sometimes a last warning, as If a giant crime has been commited, children have been murdered and/or worse

While I hated Guderian for his name and other, not even he would've deserved a 24-72 hour suspension and a last warning, that's obsurd. We're still a community I hope, of good people who wanna keep playing the game and not just shit on eachother. Not without good justified reasons at least

But that won't happen If we all won't stand up and tell "No Blizzard, you can't do that" and you know what? People did already, not to these obsurd bans and suspensions In the last year but also to their game, there's a reason subs dropped since the end of Wrath... there's a reason. And why they introduced more cash shop items, and choices.... cause of that money money flow, milking the game to It's end.

And If people still wanna defend Blizzard after all of this? They're just idiots, clinging to a dying game. And I would know about that, I'm a Roleplayer.
    Hate to break it to you, Guderian wasn't a Nazi, least barely following any of the beliefs, he was a respected GERMAN general (from both sides), who had repeatedly argued with hitler and was even dismissed for a time for exploding at Hitler over his incompetency as a leader.

Anyway since you failed to provide any proof about bile coming from your insults, I mean post, I will just just assume you have no basis for complaining because you got your account banned (I would love to hear the tale of how evil blizzard banned you, and other "people", for no reason but my giveadamn is broken at the moment).

10+ Year Old Account
    This has gone far enough. The only thing the OP needs to keep in mind is that people have different opinions. Nothing constructive is going to happen when you begin a dialogue in this way: your opinion is supposed to be everyone else's fact. Calling everyone who may disagree with you a fanboy (even in the thread title before I fixed it) is never going to lead to a fair and thoughtful discussion. People like different things.

Closing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-23 at 02:11 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."