Poll: Choose Wisely

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I like on Flying over Ground is the speed and their "/mountspecial". Roar from a dragon is always better than a howl from whatever ground mount you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    We're talking about effectiveness not looks.
    Effectiveness? If the point of mounts is to get you from one place to another faster, then obviously flying mounts are objectively better so why even have the thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    During the levelling/grounded part of an expansion I prefer to use ground mounts. I don't like the running animations of things like dragons. Once I can fly though, flying all the way. I'm ok with the pathfinder method of earning flying like was done in WOD though.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We're talking about effectiveness not looks.
    Because of this I voted flying, but I enjoy more ground mounts over flying ones.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The only thing I like on Flying over Ground is the speed and their "/mountspecial". Roar from a dragon is always better than a howl from whatever ground mount you are using.
    No way, the direhorn stomp is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    During the levelling/grounded part of an expansion I prefer to use ground mounts. I don't like the running animations of things like dragons. Once I can fly though, flying all the way. I'm ok with the pathfinder method of earning flying like was done in WOD though.
    Just less grindy,while being interesting.
    Flying mounts all the way,the world maybe feel small but you can see much more from a dragon's back.
    And for those that think that Pre-Cata old zones where dangerous,unless you go to a specific part of the zone,most of the enemies could be avoided if you use the roads.Only a few zones you had npc close enough to the roads that can attack you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    And for those that think that Pre-Cata old zones where dangerous,unless you go to a specific part of the zone,most of the enemies could be avoided if you use the roads.Only a few zones you had npc close enough to the roads that can attack you.
    That was another very simple but clever bit of design: It meant that people would actually follow the roads as in the real world, rather than just going in straight lines. That in turn is the kind of thing that builds immersion (your brain is familiar with the concept of following roads, while running in straight lines is foreign and thus breaks immersion). I really miss those designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    I really enjoy the game much more without flying mounts. I think flying mounts are awesome but only for old "obsolete" content. Either the previous tier or previous expansion. Not that there should be obsolete content, but that's for another thread...
    Once I have had the intended "experience" once, then I rarely want to continue experiencing it.
    Gating therefore I think shouldn't be taking the approach used in draenor flying, where it could be months.
    If you don't like the experience, no amount of forcing it down your throat for months on end is going to change that.

Take the draenor approach as in designing it first to accommodate non-flying players, but do not stretch out that experience for as long as possible.
    Therefore there will be a real choice, as the content is perfectly accessible without flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Take my love, take my land,
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take the sky from me...

Flying.
    Though I can manage leveling my main w/o it, but after that being stuck in the ground is annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that if I could go back in time and whisper in Blizzard's ear, I would tell them flying mounts are ultimately a bad idea. However, I am not in favor of removing things from the game or making their acquisition far more annoying that it was in the past. I also love some of my flying mounts and druid flight form far too much to want to remove them at this point. Pandora's box has been open since 2006, so they really shouldn't try to back track on that.

Ground, for the simple fact that it makes for a better game. You can't fly over the entire world below and trivialize everything having to do with combat.

There also used to be lots of prestige and wonderment to be had when wall-climbing was at its peak. Real exploration.

Now? you just hit space bar and you're there. Flying is shallow and meaningless game-play.

Vehicles > Mounts because mounts don't do combat they only avoid it.

Flying is one of the biggest mistakes Blizzard ever made with WOW.

It needs to go away forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Ground, for the simple fact that it makes for a better game. You can't fly over the entire world below and trivialize everything having to do with combat.

There also used to be lots of prestige and wonderment to be had when wall-climbing was at its peak. Real exploration.

Now? you just hit space bar and you're there. Flying is shallow and meaningless game-play.
    This is how I feel as well. Ground only mounts is better for the game.

Deleted
    Give me flying if I have done the content you wanted me to do. That's how it worked in the past (Cata felt kinda weird to me tbh) and I would like to have this option as well (I'd even settle for flying after I have done Loremaster + Rep Stuff. I'd do that shit in a heartbeat anyways). Not 300 Contentpatches later and/or if Blizz thinks we are ready (lol @ how long they let us wait for flying even if we were done after few weeks).

Yes, it is more immersive. It is even cooler if you are leveling, yes. But after that? I couldn't give less of a fuck what your vision is. I have seen your Tree-Model #201334 already 300000 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the few things WoD did correctly was flying. I really enjoyed not having flying to explore the world at first, I felt more involved. Sure, some zones were kind of annoying but I don't play games to be entirely convenient, I'm a hardcore Dark Souls player (Almost done with level 1 in DS3 already =D). After awhile it gets old though, especially for alts, so adding in flying later was nice, and it being a one time thing for account wide flying was perfect.

I am for the flying mount, because on pvp servers, when the map is very small like Draenor, you cannot avoid pvp, and there is one at every corner.

I signed for a pvp server of course, and good that, but not a pvp fest (at every corner everytime).

Now a large map like in MoP, and flying only at the end of the xpac, or with serious requirement, that's okay for me.

I prefer content from the ground unless it's my nth time through with an alt and I'm watching TV whilst going through the motions.

However my favourite mounts are the red nether-ray and turbo-charged flying-machine so it was nice to cruise around Draenor in those when I got Pathfinder.

Groudteam can stay with ground mounts for teh full lenght of the expansion, if they choose to. But i like my flying mounts and my guns. And u no take candle.

Which side are you on?
    I think Flying was an incredibly short sighted feature to add to a genre of game that was never designed around Z axis game play. All game systems, content, and lore suggests that flying is a bad idea considering the way the game was designed. I would not be upset if they removed the ability of free flight from the game and modified it to be more 'on rails' like.