Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    It's unfortunate that you feel that way, but since that's Canada's mission statement with regards to alot of legislation, and the framework is in fact in place for it to function as such, referring to it as some twisted abuse of the legal system when it is in fact just functioning as normal is a bit of a stretch. Certainly if you were the 1 out of 50 people getting saved by it you'd appreciate it more. Our healthcare system is a good of the many type deal too and all.
    You sound like a bad list of republican talking points for some shitty security bill. So I'm just going to turn your volume off now.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    Again: Get over it. You're wrong. Deal with it.
    Are you having a stroke yet? "Someone doesn't agree with me. THEY ARE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG".
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Are you having a stroke yet? "Someone doesn't agree with me. THEY ARE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG".
    There is no disagreement. Just a schooling on your part. The only person wrong is you. It's not an opinion. It's cold, hard fact. As you yourself proved by the link you yourself supplied, showing just how ignorant you are not only to the situation, but the evidence you tried to provide.

Again: Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    That always sounds like a cultural problem to me, not sure why racism is always connected.
    \

because in america saying anything about any group that is not a white man is racist/sexist even if it is not. if it is a white man, we can make fun of them and say how hey are bigots and etc....

and all you need to do is use the internet to see the proof *youtube is the biggest source*

Hell look at trump, he says he wants to get rid of illegal immigrants who are bringing crime and taking jobs from americans.

and wants to stop the HB1 Visa's that companies abuse for cheaper workers.

wants to just put a hold on muslim immigrants from the middle east TILL WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO VET THEM

people turn that around saying he hates mexicans/hispanics and *afraid of brown people* and wants to kill all muslims......
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-04-23 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, totally great to leave a mother in tears over how she brings up her own children without actual cause to do so. Totally good.
    It's better than doing nothing though. Maybe the person carrying out the investigation should get some more education or they need to change how they approach cases like this but the childs health and wellbeing should come befor the mothers in most cases. Better safe than sorry, child services can't know whats going on befor they actually investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's better than doing nothing though. Maybe the person carrying out the investigation should get some more education or they need to change how they approach cases like this but the childs health and wellbeing should come befor the mothers in most cases. Better safe than sorry, child services can't know whats going on befor they actually investigate.
    Or maybe society learns to shut the fuck up.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    Back in my day(yeah I said it!) we were free to roam unsupervised by the time we were like 6 or 7. Me, my brother and our 2 friends used to just hang out in the woods for hours, without any adult supervision. When our parents went to the store, for whatever reason, we were allowed to stay home if we chose. But you know, it was a different time, when people weren't overly paranoid and neighbors minded their own business. : /
    Yep, I remember running all over the neighborhood. Throwing rocks at each other and all kinds of dumb things that was normal for kids to do back then. People are fucking crazy today. It's even worse when you hear about stories of children being abused and teachers or other adults being aware and calling child services only to have the parents get a warning because there's no physical evidence or because they hadn't personally seen the abuse. People are creating problems where there are none and ignoring the legitimate problems. I really don't get it.... I'd hate to be a kid growing up these days.

Or maybe society learns to shut the fuck up.
    When it comes to children's safety? I hope not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    Back in my day(yeah I said it!) we were free to roam unsupervised by the time we were like 6 or 7. Me, my brother and our 2 friends used to just hang out in the woods for hours, without any adult supervision. When our parents went to the store, for whatever reason, we were allowed to stay home if we chose. But you know, it was a different time, when people weren't overly paranoid and neighbors minded their own business. : /
    Yeah I really don't understand these laws. I used to walk home from school everyday from age 6 with my 8 year old sister.

No one was worried about pedo's, only that we looked before crossing roads and didn't try swimming in the canal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    When it comes to children's safety? I hope not.
    Children's safety when... they play in their own backyard surrounded by a fence? Nope, that's just neighbours being nosy and wanting to give that lady a hard time. This had nothing to do with children's safety. To be blunt, in 9 out of 10 cases, it's none of your fucking business how parents bring their children up. And you have no business calling the authorities on them for whatever doesn't suit your personal style of bringing up children.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Children's safety when... they play in their own backyard surrounded by a fence? Nope, that's just neighbours being nosy and wanting to give that lady a hard time. This had nothing to do with children's safety. To be blunt, in 9 out of 10 cases, it's none of your fucking business how parents bring their children up. And you have no business calling the authorities on them for whatever doesn't suit your personal style of bringing up children.
    I think the point was that it's a good thing child services investigated the report, not that it's a good thing the obviously unnecessary report was made in the first place.

Deleted
    What? Are they afraid of her getting shot to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Considering that lots of non-american people refer to happenings in north american countries as happenings in america...
    Uhm not by me nor by the majority of people let alone Canadians.

America = United States of America
    Canada = member of the North American continent and not a american country.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

You're right. The report was silly. How was child services supposed to know that though? Again, if they did nothing and something actually happend, what would people have said then? That they didn't do their job?

No action was taken against the mom, she just freaked out for no reason when the agent from child services did his/her job and asked some standard questions that he/she probably have to ask according to regulation.
    The mom just had to call the news papers to cry a bit about how "poorly" she was treated. Well cry me a river, the people that work for your kids safety actually did their job.

So yeah, in a civilized society it's mine and everybodys business if you mistreat your child. Children do not get to pick and choose when it comes to parents. The world is filled with people that should never be allowed to have kids at all and thats why we have child services.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think the point was that it's a good thing child services investigated the report, not that it's a good thing the obviously unnecessary report was made in the first place.
    I never blamed child services, although if you make a mother cry, you're pretty much up there in the evil category, but that's just me personally. My gripe is with the idiots who make those anonymous calls, though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was a kid we played unsupervised on the front lawn.....with lawn darts.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    When I was a kid we played unsupervised on the front lawn.....with lawn darts.
    What are lawn darts? Oh btw, when we were like children, we went to a park (actually a horse track) a km away... and we threw actual darts over like 20-30m and "caught" them on sticks. One time, I panicked because one was flying at my face... it got stuck BETWEEN my fingers. Like straight up, looked like an additional finger. Couldn't stop laughing. It was the coolest thing ever. Didn't hurt one bit, didn't even bleed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes take away the kids from a caring parent. Shove them into a potentially dangerous environment where they could be traumatized or hurt. All because this woman let them play in her back yard. WHAT. THE. FUCK?

http://fox43.com/2014/11/06/2-year-o...foster-mother/

Every time I hear about stuff like this it reminds me of this story. CPS always over-reacts and takes away a kid from a family who actually cares about them and then something bad actually happens to them. Is there anything dangerous in the yard? If not then there's no reason to suspect the mother of mistreating her children. And there's no reason to have a report.