Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Or Brawler's Guild.

Treasures, reputations and rares are cool and all, but they don't last long. They need to start exploring more paths instead of focusing on making the existing ones more complex or rewarding.
    Absolutely! I love a little me time, even in a MMO.

No. Procedurally generated content isn't at the point where I want it in my mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nor that it's Final Suicide Phoenix Dawn Rebirth.
    They were talking about fates and dungeons for crafters and gatheres, maybe they will end up pulling a Dungeon Meshi?

also people go read dungeon meshi if you havent.

They've made a habit out of taking good ideas from other games and making them their own in WoW.
    It won't get me to try FF, but I wouldn't mind innovative additions to the instanced content of my game as a result of these new ideas.

Deleted
    Srue do it but not for solo players just fixed 5 mans.

That sounds fucken amazing and may jsut be enough for me to resub to FFXIV.

Sounds like Runescape's Dungeoneering.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

[I]Coming in an upcoming patch a long forgotten castle/palace will be discovered deep in the endless forests of Gridania. The new location is called "The Palace of the Dead" and it is the first of a new type of gameplay, maybe a new type in mmos honestly im not sure if its been done before outside things like single player jrpgs and strategy jrpgs, called a "Deep Dungeon".

The Deep Dungeon is a 1-4 player dungeon with its own progression system. You enter as a Lvl.1 Dungeon explorer and each level of this dungeon is randomly/procedurally generated and has a boss and drops gear unique to the dungeon thats good for glamour outside it but inside serves to replace your raid/crafted/hunt gear you use in regular PVE content.
    http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeoneering

Dungeoneering is randomly generated, floor (level) based, can be solo'd or grouped, has a boss at the end, has loot that is only useable in the dungeon, but can be taken outside for visual fashion reasons

They literally are making dungeoneering in FFXIV.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-04-23 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially a beefed up Brawlers/PG-Endless hybrid with cosmetic gear rewards.
    Could be fun, could be a complete mess. Wait and see.

I think this will work in FF-XIV because the character can be any class.
    In that field balance is entirely secondary, because you can always level the appropriate FOTM job rather quickly.

I doubt this will ever work for WoW where you are stuck on one class per character.
    Blizzard can't even balance the proving grounds to a similar difficulty across all specs. How do you expect them to do these dungeons?

They might very well implement this into WoW someday. Maybe 8.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Essentially a beefed up Brawlers/PG-Endless hybrid with cosmetic gear rewards.
    Could be fun, could be a complete mess. Wait and see.

I think this will work in FF-XIV because the character can be any class.
    In that field balance is entirely secondary, because you can always level the appropriate FOTM job rather quickly.

I doubt this will ever work for WoW where you are stuck on one class per character.
    Blizzard can't even balance the proving grounds to a similar difficulty across all specs. How do you expect them to do these dungeons?
    Maybe they would make dungeon level server wide like pets in a way -or maybe just role wide. You have a DPS Dungeon Explorer Level and another for Tank and Healer.

I imagine there would be some threads about how "you arent a real dungeon crawler unless you solo it as disc priest" or something

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Runescape's dungeoneering, except you start from level 1.
    Which if you replace 'level 1' with 'floor 1' its literally identical , the only differences purely from an outside perspective is runescapes version also has puzzles.

Can't imagine they care at this point.
    Only thing they care about is the release date so they can release something on that day to stymie the hype.

Either way, solo dungeons in an MMO is casual mode. Go play the game the way its meant to be played.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Runescape did this in what, 2009/10?

One of the best gameplays I've found along these lines is Diablo 2 hellforge runs.

You create a new character and play thru almost the entire game from level 1. At the end, you complete your hell hellforge quest with a chance at a pretty good rune. I like it because:

1. You actually PLAY THE GAME.
    2. The rewards are big.

Conversely, Diablo 3 bounties / rifts / and grifts are ok but it can quickly get repetitive after a while. Playing through 5 acts in Diablo 2 doesn't leave you feeling its repetitive nearly as much. D3 Paragon is ok, but the rewards have to be small for paragon to work.

Comparing Deep Dungeon with bounties/rifts/grifts, paragon, and hellforge runs, I think the danger is that Deep Dungeon rewards will be made too small which will kill incentive. The other problem is that you aren't actually playing the game, you're in a sandbox outside the game.

I'm kinda lukewarm to it, but need to know more about the system.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

Either way, solo dungeons in an MMO is casual mode. Go play the game the way its meant to be played.
    So raiding and 5 Mans are the only correct options in a MMO? If they let you bring along some friends isn't that good enough, you won't be lonely, you'l have other people to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Comparing Deep Dungeon with bounties/rifts/grifts, paragon, and hellforge runs, I think the danger is that Deep Dungeon rewards will be made too small which will kill incentive. The other problem is that you aren't actually playing the game, you're in a sandbox outside the game.
    Gear that only works inside the dungeon -> rewards are purely cosmetic.
    Apart from that, maybe pets & mounts + Leaderboard bragging.

So yeah you will play around but it won't feel like playing the actual game and advancing your character in any meaningful way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Blizzard will copy this eventually as its a good idea. This is really making me think about resubbing to FFIX though.

Procedurally generated and leaderboards - how does that work given how any given group is almost certainly going to have an experience different from the next.
    And then the issue is with the rewards, as such generation of the content is going to be problematic if not impossible to balance properly.
    You may get a "roll" which favours you, or one which screws you over.

I don't see an issue for non-progress gear rewards, but I would have a concern about that in wow were it to be an alternative gear source.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Funny, I'm pretty sure Diablo has had greater rifts longer than this "new idea" has existed.

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Funny, I'm pretty sure Diablo has had greater rifts longer than this "new idea" has existed.
    Guess what, I'm pretty sure Rogue was around before Diablo had.... anything.

Everything came from somewhere... but yeah, this sounds pretty much what we've been discussing in the MMO thread, along with its downsides.

Sounds awesome, but gets old fast without the resources devoted to it.