Order Hall Upgrade: Argent Steed

Argent Steed (Tier 4) - Grants access to the Argent Charger Hitching Post, allowing you to summon a Charger which allows you to perform mounted combat.
    Discuss.

--Sungamnori

If i have flying, will i be able to do aerial combat ?

But prob like nagrand wolf zone buff for open world shit with a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    If i have flying, will i be able to do aerial combat ?

But prob like nagrand wolf zone buff for open world shit with a CD.
    Can't find it... but someone asked about flying combat in general. Blizz response was something like "When has flying combat ever been fun?" or something like that. It seems pretty likely this is ground only.

Its happening!!!

If this gets to live it will be like it should have been for the past 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Can't find it... but someone asked about flying combat in general. Blizz response was something like "When has flying combat ever been fun?" or something like that. It seems pretty likely this is ground only.
    Was on the front page of MMO-C a little while ago, I remember what you're saying though and that's the basics of what they said. I kind of agree with them though, don't like aerial combat, doesn't seem like a fit for WoW but I don't think it'd be that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Was on the front page of MMO-C a little while ago, I remember what you're saying though and that's the basics of what they said. I kind of agree with them though, don't like aerial combat, doesn't seem like a fit for WoW but I don't think it'd be that fun.
    Not gonna lie tho.. if they could make flying combat fun/effective and give us a Pegasus Charger, I wouldn't complain.
    Last edited by Sungamnori; 2016-04-24 at 06:01 AM.

I can only hope that this is a field test for large implementation. Mounted combat for Paladins, DK's and Warriors should have been implemented a long time ago. I really don't want this to like divine steed where is a CD, I want it to be a passive benefit. More then happy to see this extended to ranged as long as they find a way to account for movement speed.

Paladins/DK/Knights have big horses so 220% speed

Everyone else 200%

10+ Year Old Account
    They couldn't make a simple x/y/z axis zone like vashj'ir without everyone losing their damn minds trying to figure out the 3rd axis. Let alone full on aerial combat.

I'm guessing it will work as follows: You have to be mounted on your Class Paladin mount. You'll have normal travel speed when not in combat, but when in combat you'll be limited to regular speed like everyone else (unless otherwise buffed). I'm also guessing it will only work outdoors like normal. Otherwise there'd be no need for the Divine Steed talent indoors.

Edit: Looks likes DKs get this too. Neat.

Edit 2: Shit. Their's says "Dark Horsemen (Tier 4) - Grants access to the Dreadsteed Hitching Post, allowing you to summon a Deathcharger which allows you to perform mounted combat for a short duration."

Short duration. I bet that goes for ours as well. Dammit.
    Last edited by Sungamnori; 2016-04-24 at 06:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Not gonna lie tho.. if they could make flying combat fun/effective and give us a Pegasus Charger, I wouldn't complain.
    I'd like it too (I played Homeworld a lot - 3D is no problem for me :P ), but after Vashj'ir I can't see them doing 3D combat again.

As for the Argent Steed, I would assume it's like the Nagrand mount, only with a duration attached. Probably several minutes long to make it worthwhile to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    I'd like it too (I played Homeworld a lot - 3D is no problem for me :P ), but after Vashj'ir I can't see them doing 3D combat again.

As for the Argent Steed, I would assume it's like the Nagrand mount, only with a duration attached. Probably several minutes long to make it worthwhile to use.
    The only potential way they could do 3D combat like that again in the future is either with a massive engine overhaul or a World of Warcraft 2 where they take some of Overwatch gameplay mechanics and go that route.

This would be fantastic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    The only potential way they could do 3D combat like that again in the future is either with a massive engine overhaul or a World of Warcraft 2 where they take some of Overwatch gameplay mechanics and go that route.
    I just don't think it'll happen. Most people are used to thinking in two dimensions (and fair enough, evolution didn't design us to do much in 3D environments). Even if we assume there aren't any issues regarding the visibility of high-speed players etc, I can see things just getting very confusing for too many people.

Vashj'ir wasn't too bad in part because (a) much of it happened on different flat levels in the sea, and (b) movement when in combat was fairly slow.

Factor in flying mount speeds and even without lag people are going to be spinning their cameras around like crazy trying to find the guy attacking them.

If you look at past games set in a 3D environment, you have basically two varieties:

1. First person flight sims.
    2. The Homeworld series.

Neither really works for a third person game like WoW .