Ner'zhul server population question

I just came back to the game recently and have noticed that NZ says it's a low pop server. I did a /who 100 and by classes and theres less than 30 players per class.

Have a lot of other servers seen this happen? Has Blizzard announced a possibility of merging more servers? or relying on the previous merger and the cross-realm play?

I'm just asking because I sat there for almost 10 minutes and didn't see a single /2 message pop up. Seems weird that one of the most popular servers finally died out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I just came back to the game recently and have noticed that NZ says it's a low pop server. I did a /who 100 and by classes and theres less than 30 players per class.

Have a lot of other servers seen this happen? Has Blizzard announced a possibility of merging more servers? or relying on the previous merger and the cross-realm play?

I'm just asking because I sat there for almost 10 minutes and didn't see a single /2 message pop up. Seems weird that one of the most popular servers finally died out.
    Sorry to bring this to you, but this is what happened to a few servers out there... amazing current expansion and 14months of last tier does the job very well

So i'ts pretty much more of a dip in subs than anything and NZ took the hit with a few others? That's a damn shame. I still find it strange that there were only 3 raids the entire expansion and the 3rd raid was expected to last so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find it strange that there were only 3 raids the entire expansion and the 3rd raid was expected to last so long.
    The final raid lasting a year or longer has become more or less the norm. Wrath (depends on whether or not you count ICC as the last raid which technically it isn't but thematically and emotionally it really is), Cataclysm, Mists, Warlords.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So i'ts pretty much more of a dip in subs than anything and NZ took the hit with a few others? That's a damn shame. I still find it strange that there were only 3 raids the entire expansion and the 3rd raid was expected to last so long.
    Well at least they didn't charger more for this expansion... oh wait.

anyway - will see what will happen with Legion + I know lot of people unsubscribed and canceled preorder because of that private server thing. So yeah..

Deleted
    Over a long year content drought does that :/

There will obviously be a surge of players coming back to check out Legion, but man, I cant help to think many will be turned off by the pruning and simplification in general. My whole family used to play WoW and they were checking out Towelies stream and while they loved the new animations the low amount of skills and abilites made them question the gameplay. My brother who was usually a pvper, checked out the US pvp forum (we're from EU but theres no pvp specific forum in the Legion section) and most of the people are complaining about the low "skill clap" or being able to counter play.

But yea, I do hope Legion has more lasting power, for all of us :/

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The final raid lasting a year or longer has become more or less the norm. Wrath (depends on whether or not you count ICC as the last raid which technically it isn't but thematically and emotionally it really is), Cataclysm, Mists, Warlords.
    I know most have a long run for the final raid, but to pull that with only 3 raids feels like a real half assed expansion to me, which sucks because there are a lot of things I have really liked about WoD, but then there's a huge lack of content.

As others have said, I truly hope Legion has some lasting power and Blizzard doesn't try to give minimal content for the same price and a sub cost.

a buddy of mine jumped over to Illidan and said there are a ton of people playing there, maybe I'll play there for a little while and see how things go, but who knows. Ner'zhul has always been my home.

If it's raiding you're worried about, log in on a Tuesday evening and do a /who. That will give you a better idea.

Literally dozens and dozens of 'dead' realms like that one.

X-realms features and x-realm zones mitigate the effects, but dead realms are dead, and they feel dead.

However, Blizzard doesn't care, as they are happy to make you cough up 20-40-60-++$ to migrate your chars to a more enjoyable realm, when it should be their damn mission to ensure the enjoyment of their player base, when realms take a turn to the worse.

Just merge more realms, and offer free migrations AWAY from dead realms, not into them, baiting people into shitty realms, which is what they do.

Yea, we all know populations will spike at Legion launch, and for a couple of weeks, but it will soon after dip again, and deal realms will feel dead immediately after once again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    While this is true, I find the difference to be the amount of tiers/patches in each expansion. Wrath, Cata and Mists all had multiple tiers, along with multiple patches, while Warlords only had 2? patches, and 2 tiers. I haven't been able to form an opinion of whether less tiers=less content (technically it does, but not everyone raids), but it is a fact that less patches=less content, so I understand why people deserted WoD faster than previous expacs even with a 14 month content drought. Not saying this is the only reason behind sub drop, but I can't help but feel like it contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    Well at least they didn't charger more for this expansion... oh wait.

anyway - will see what will happen with Legion + I know lot of people unsubscribed and canceled preorder because of that private server thing. So yeah..
    Pre ordering months in advance is foolish for a few reasons. Quitting the game because they stopped letting somebody else steal if from them is insanely stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Literally dozens and dozens of 'dead' realms like that one.

X-realms features and x-realm zones mitigate the effects, but dead realms are dead, and they feel dead.

However, Blizzard doesn't care, as they are happy to make you cough up 20-40-60-++$ to migrate your chars to a more enjoyable realm, when it should be their damn mission to ensure the enjoyment of their player base, when realms take a turn to the worse.

Just merge more realms, and offer free migrations AWAY from dead realms, not into them, baiting people into shitty realms, which is what they do.

Yea, we all know populations will spike at Legion launch, and for a couple of weeks, but it will soon after dip again, and deal realms will feel dead immediately after once again.
    They way they milk people for transfers when so many realms are dead or dying and have been for years, is truly one of the biggest slaps in the faces of the fans. There are other ways to make money from people, they could also give much better customer service and see that return back to them financially as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    While this is true, I find the difference to be the amount of tiers/patches in each expansion. Wrath, Cata and Mists all had multiple tiers, along with multiple patches, while Warlords only had 2? patches, and 2 tiers. I haven't been able to form an opinion of whether less tiers=less content (technically it does, but not everyone raids), but it is a fact that less patches=less content, so I understand why people deserted WoD faster than previous expacs even with a 14 month content drought. Not saying this is the only reason behind sub drop, but I can't help but feel like it contributed.
    WoD had the longest 1st tier and with Aug 30 being the end will have the longest last tier. With a complete void of content in between.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The last raid lasting so long isn't what did it in. The majority of people who left never even saw the last raid (HFC), and left long before (the majority during the first raid, while it was still very fresh, 50%, 5 mil left then), 50% of what was left dropped out during the 2nd raid, while it was super fresh .... and very few people in percentage comparison have left during the final tier, and I'd presume most of them will stay subbed and log in consistently through the duration of the raid dry spell if for nothing else than to collect garrison gold.

Having an extended last raid tier had minimal impact on subs, and if anything only shows what the baseline numbers are for WoW to maintain indefinitely at its current level.