Thread: BlizzCon boycot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well, the best idea is just not to watch blizzcon if you dont like it, and not trying to make a big deal out of your choice to do so.

As a vanilla enthusiast, no and gtfo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    For wow maybe, blizz has plenty other games.
    I know son, i just wanted to get that pun in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well thought out post. Very informative and helpful to making positive change in the community.

/sarcasm off

Blizzcon is an amazing event and it will be even more amazing this year being the 10 year anniversary of Blizzcon.
    What makes Blizzcon so amazing? I've obviously never been and I realize tickets can be crazy hard to get, but I've always wondered what makes it so huge and if I'm missing out by not trying to go once.

Deleted
    I boycott it every year! Yeah!!

...because I can't afford to go :,(

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    My favorite part was when the OP called himself butt-hurt.
    The first thing I thought when reading the whine-post, haha. I got tickets this year. BlizzCon and Disneyland weekend

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can't boycott it but I got a plan for you!!

1. Go to Blizzcon
    2. Start a riot
    3. Get thrown out by the guards
    4. Wait for the police to arrive (depending how hard your riot was!)
    5. Go to jail (same as above)
    6. Best 500 dollars ever spent!
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

Deleted
    how can you boycott something that outsell in minutes

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even for WoW will there be an end of the line anytime soon.

Everquest effectively ceased being a competitive game on anyone's raider when WoW came out. They attempted to garner past players with EQ2 and effectively failed, hence Daybreak. Despite that, it was making expansions up til a year ago (it might still be, i'm not sure).

Runescape's even further back, and while it's quasi-popular enough to show up on Twitch occasionally, it's still non-issue as far as an MMO's concerned.

WoW became Blizzard's brainchild over a decade ago, and now the company having the backing of income coming from other IPs (Starcraft, Overwatch, etc), means that they'll continue doing stuff with WoW for another decade or so, at least. It might slow down, but you'd be pretty willfully ignorant to believe that WoW will 'die'. Then again, the OP and at least one poster in here who's part of the Nos-Shortbus believe so in order to sleep better at night.

Deleted
    Of course I won't boycott it. I am somewhat ok with how things are, and I definitely want my Blizzcon goodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't seem to be going anywhere so it will be closed. Planning a boycott of something that sells out in under 10 minutes is pretty pointless.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."